alliance RV Avenue 2021 Traveling with Propane User Manual
Traveling with Propane
Turning the propane off when traveling is always safer, it reduces the risk of a gas leak from a line or connection working loose. Some states have laws against traveling with the propane on. Make sure you are familiar with those laws and regulations in the area you are traveling.
MAKE SURE ALL PROPANE TANK FASTENERS ARE SECURED BEFORE TRAVELING
To regulate the propane pressure, an RV is equipped with a two-stage regulator with automatic changeover. With the first stage of the regulator, the fuel coming from the tank is reduced by venting from the high pressure the LP is compressed under for storage and takes it down to 10 to 15 psi. In the second stage, the pressure is reduced again by further venting down to 11” water column which is the pressure safe for the appliances that the propane system powers. Always make sure that the vents are clean and unobstructed.
LP Regulator (Continued)
This regulator allows for the removal of empty cylinders for refill without interrupting the propane supply and will automatically switch from the supplying tank to the reserve tank when empty.
PROPANE CONNECTIONS SHOULD BE CHECKED PERIODICALLY AS VIBRATIONS FROM TRAVEL MAY CAUSE THEM TO LOOSEN. FAILURE TO CHECK THESE CONNECTIONS COULD LEAD TO A PROPANE LEAK. A LEAK CAN CAUSE A FIRE OR EXPLOSION.
Propane System Maintenance
Routinely visually inspect your propane cylinders, mounting hardware, supply lines, and connection points for wear, rust, kinks or damage. The propane system should be serviced by a qualified technician immediately upon an issue being identified. Never paint propane cylinders, valves or mounting hardware. Your RVs propane system should be inspected by a certified professional at least once a year. Never attempt to repair any propane-related component yourself. Always make sure your RVs fire extinguisher, CO, gas, and smoke detectors are in working order. Do this by regularly testing your alarms and safety items. An alarm or extinguisher that is not working should be replaced immediately.
NEVER ATTEMPT TO REPAIR ANY PROPANE-RELATED COMPONENT. ENSURE THAT ALL ALARMS, DETECTORS, AND EXTINGUISHERS ARE IN GOOD WORKING ORDER.
Filling Your Propane Tanks
Your Alliance RV uses DOT cylinders. These cylinders can be removed and taken to a propane dealer for refilling. A propane tank can only be filled to 80% of its total capacity. The remaining 20% is for expansion that takes place when subjected to heat. If a tank is filled to 80% when it is cold outside, that same tank may be at 90% on a much warmer day. Always ensure that the tank is filled to the required limit only.
NEVER FILL A PROPANE TANK OVER 80% OF ITS CAPACITY. AN OVERFILLED TANK COULD ALLOW LIQUID PROPANE TO ENTER THE SYSTEM WHICH IS DESIGNED FOR VAPOR AND CREATE A VERY HAZARDOUS CONDITION.
Installing Propane Cylinders
Anytime a propane tank is removed for servicing or filling and re‐installed on the RV, ensure that the fittings are all tight and the main shutoffs on the LP tanks are in the off position and that the strap that secures the tank is in place. A quick visual inspection of the LP system should be performed at any time tanks are removed.
Cooking with Propane Gas
In an RV most stovetops and ovens run on propane. A properly ventilated RV is very important when cooking. Open a window or roof vent and turn your range hood fan on. Never use your stove or oven for space heat and never use outdoor fuel‐burning equipment inside the RV.
- DO NOT ATTEMPT TO USE WATER TO PUT OUT A GREASE FIRE. WATER CAN SPREAD SOME TYPES OF FIRE AN ELECTROCUTION IS POSSIBLE WITH AN ELECTRICAL FIRE.
- NEVER ALLOW GREASE TO COLLECT ON OR AROUND THE STOVE. CLEAN SPILLS UP IMMEDIATELY. IN AN RV, THE AMOUNT OF OXYGEN SUPPLY IS LIMITED DUE TO ITS SIZE.
- PROPER VENTILATION DURING COOKING WILL HELP AVOID DANGEROUS SITUATIONS.
Slide-out Safety Information
FAILURE TO ADHERE TO THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION MAY RESULT IN DEATH, SERIOUS INJURY, RV OR OTHER PROPERTY DAMAGE.
All slide-out systems are intended solely for opening and closing the slide-out room and should never be used for any other purpose. Before operating your slide-out,
please keep these things in mind:
- Your location should be clear of obstructions that may cause damage when the slide-out room is operated.
- Be sure that everyone is clear of the RV prior to the slide-out room actuation.
- Keep parts away from slide-out mechanisms during use. Severe injury or death may result.
- Park your RV on solid and level ground.
ALWAYS ENSURE THE SLIDE-OUT PATH IS CLEAR DURING OPERATION. KEEP CLEAR OF SLIDE RAILS WHEN THE ROOM IS IN MOTION. THE GEAR ASSEMBLY MAY PINCH OR CATCH ON LOOSE CLOTHING AND CAUSE PERSONAL INJURY.
View Full User Guide: alliance RV Avenue 2021 User Manual
Download Manuals: https://dev.alliancerv.com/owners-manuals
alliance 2023 Top Accessories
[amalinkspro_table id=”32452″ new-window=”on” nofollow=”on” addtocart=”off” /]