alliance RV paradigm 2021 Electric Motor User Manual
Electric Motor Disengagement Procedure
- Remove retention screws from the motor, located near the top of each vertical column on the outside of the coach.
- Locate motor.
- Pull the motor up until disengaged. A flathead screwdriver can be used to pry the motor up.
- Reinstall motor retention screw to hold motor in place or remove the motor.
Electric Slideout Low Voltage
The slideout controller can operate the room with as little as 8‐volts. However, at these lower voltages the amperage requirement is greater. Check voltage at the controller. If the battery is low, it needs to be charged or the unit should be plugged into shore power (or generator), if equipped.
Electric Slideout Motor Direction Switches
The motor direction switches are used to change the direction of the individual motors. When running the slideout room in or out and one side goes in and the other side goes out, then there is a problem in the wiring. The motor direction switches can be used to correct this problem. The left switch controls motor 2 and the right switch controls motor 1. If motor 1 is going in the wrong direction, then change switch 1’s position. If motor 2 is going in the wrong direction, change switch 2’s position. The motor direction switches can also be used to change the direction of the slideout switch. If the room extends when the slideout switch is moved to the in position, its direction can be reversed by moving both switch 1 and switch 2 to their opposite positions. This feature can be used if it is more convenient to change the motor direction switches than to rewire the slideout switch.
Electric Slideout Maintenance
Keep the gear racks and seals clean and free of debris. They can be washed with mild soap and water. NOTE: No grease or lubrication is necessary, and in some situations can be detrimental.
After servicing the slide‐out system in any way, be sure to check the following:
- Slide‐out stops are installed and adjusted properly.
- Head assemblies are installed and adjusted properly.
- The system is mounted properly.
- Cross shafts are mounted properly and clear all other components.
- Gear packs function properly.
- Manual override is accessible.
- Outside seals compress when the slide‐out is retracted.
- Inside seals compress when the slide‐out is extended.
- Slide‐out extends and retracts smoothly.
- Both sides of the slide‐out are synchronized.
- Any dirt or debris is cleaned from the interior or exterior of the coach.
alliance RV paradigm 2021 Top Accessories
[amalinkspro_table id=”32452″ new-window=”on” nofollow=”on” addtocart=”off” /]
Your RV has a 12‐volt electrical system and a 120‐volt system. The 12‐volt system is powered by battery and powers items such as the water heater, furnace, and refrigerators, as well as most of the lights. Water pumps, carbon monoxide detectors, and a number of other items will also be powered by the 12‐volt system. You’ll also find that Alliance RV has a conveniently color-coded and numbered 12‐volt wiring system.
The 120‐volt system is powered by an electrical source via your power cord, a generator and in some cases, an inverter (which converts 12 volts to assist in powering the 120-volt system), and typically powers kitchen appliances, TVs, and other electrical appliances.
Alliance RV is compliant with industry standards applicable at the time the RV is manufactured. Do not make unauthorized changE
CHANGES OR ADDITIONS MADE AFTER DELIVERY MAY RESULT IN HAZARDOUS CONDITIONS. ALWAYS HAVE A PROFESSIONAL WORK ON YOUR RV.
Modifications the RVs electrical system should only be performed by qualified technicians and should never be made without approval from Alliance RV. Should a modification be made, those changes MUST comply with current safety and code requirements.
USE THE CATION WHEN USING METAL TOOLS. IF A TOOL CONTACTS A BATTERY TERMINAL OR METAL CONNECTED TO IT, A SHORT CIRCUIT COULD OCCUR AND CAUSE INJURY.
Before working on the electrical system:
- Make sure the inverter (if equipped), is turned off before disconnecting the batteries.
- Disconnect the power cord.
- Turn off the generator (if equipped) and disable the auto start function (if equipped).
- Turn off the battery disconnect switch.
- Turn off the 120‐volt AC main circuit breaker.
- Disconnect the negative 12‐volt DC battery terminal from the battery.
View Full User Guide: alliance RV paradigm 2021 User Manual
Download Manuals: https://dev.alliancerv.com/owners-manuals