alliance RV Valor 2021 Slideout Safety Information User Manual
Slideout Safety Information
FAILURE TO ADHERE WITH THE FOLLOWING IN FORMATION MAY RESULT IN DEATH, SERIOUS INJURY, RV OR OTHER PROPERTY DAMAGE.
All slideout systems are intended solely for opening and closing the slideout room and should never be used for any other purpose. Before operating your slideout,
please keep these things in mind:
- Your location should be clear of obstructions that may cause damage when the slideout room is operated.
- Be sure that everyone is clear of the RV prior to the slideout room actuation.
- Keep parts away from slideout mechanisms during use. Severe injury or death may result.
- Park your RV on solid and level ground.
ALWAYS ENSURE THE SLIDEOUT PATH IS CLEAR DURING OPERATION. KEEP CLEAR OF SLIDE RAILS WHEN THE ROOM IS IN MOTION. THE GEAR ASSEMBLY MAY PINCH OR CATCH ON LOOSE CLOTHING AND CAUSE PERSONAL INJURY.
EXACT‐SLIDE Flush Floor Slideout System
Alliance RV utilizes the EXACT‐SLIDE by BAL for select main floor slideouts. This is a cable‐driven system that is operated by dual 12V DC electric motors.
We recommend that the moving parts be kept clean. They can be washed with mild soap and water. No grease or lubrication is necessary. All slideouts are independently switched and operated at the central monitor panel shown below. This panel will be found relatively close to the entry door of the RV in a cabinet designed to house this panel. Location will vary depending on floor plan of your RV.
Operating Your EXACT‐SLIDE Slideout System
Extending EXACT‐SLIDE Flush Floor Slideout
- Level the RV.
- Verify the battery is fully charged.
- Press and hold the rooms switch in the “OUT” position until room is fully extended and stops moving. Holding the switch down until the control automatically turns each motor off will result in the best sealing position.
Retracting Your EXACT‐SLIDE Flush Floor Slideout
- Verify the battery is fully charged.
- Press and hold the room’s switch in the “IN” position until the room is fully retracted and stops moving. Holding the switch down until the controller automatically turns each motor off will result in the best sealing position.
alliance RV Valor 2021 Top Accessories
[amalinkspro_table id=”32452″ new-window=”on” nofollow=”on” addtocart=”off” /]
EXACT‐SLIDE System Overview
EXACT‐SLIDE Slideout Maintenance
- Periodically inspect your cables for sagging or fraying. The system is designed to function properly with minimal pretension on the cables.
- If cable adjustment or replacement is necessary, it should be performed by an authorized dealer.
The slideouts need a full battery for operation. The battery should be maintained in accordance with the battery manufacturer’s recommendations. Always check the terminals and other connections at the battery, the control switch, and the system for corrosion, and loose or damaged terminals. Check motor leads under the trailer chassis, these connections are subject to damage from road debris.
EXACT‐SLIDE Slideout Manual Override
In the event that power is lost to the slide‐out motor(s), the slide‐out room can be manually retracted by following these steps:
- Use a flex shaft and #3 square bit.
- Locate each motor at the top of the mechanism. Insert the drive bit into the end of the motor and activate with a cordless drill (DO NOT USE AN IMPACT DRIVER).
- Alternate between motors so that the room does not become wedged in the opening or encounter cabinets or other fixtures inside the RV.
- M1‐ to motor #1 red wire
- M1+ to motor #1 black wire
- GND to 12V‐
- 12V to 12V+
- M2‐ to motor #2 red wire
- M2+ to motor #2 black wire
- SW OUT to switch extend
- SW IN to switch retract
- Provide a 12V+ to the control on either the SW OUT or SW IN to actuate the room.
EXACT‐SLIDE Slideout Troubleshooting
- If the slide-out does not respond to switch input, locate the green and red LED lights between ‘SW IN’ and ‘SW OUT’ on the slide-out control, which may be located in a cabinet, storage compartment, etc.
- The green light indicates that the control has power.
- The red light indicates low voltage (less than 8.6vdc). NOTE: The control will enter sleep mode and the light will turn off after 5 minutes of switch inactivity.
- To determine if the control is not getting a signal from the switch, use either the M1 IN (Motor 1 in) or M2 IN (Motor 2 in). Press and hold one of these at a time to see if the slide motor of the corresponding side will move in. If the motor runs using the switch on the control then look for power loss coming from the wall switch or a bad switch. (Only one motor at a time can be run with the switches on the control.)
- If a motor has been changed or the loading of the slide-out box has changed drastically and the motors are not tracking properly, press and hold the M1 IN and M2 IN at the same time until the red LED flashes. This will erase the stored memory that the control has learned over time and it returns to its factory setting.
View Full User Guide: alliance RV Valor 2021 User Manual
Download Manuals: https://dev.alliancerv.com/owners-manuals