Aston Martin DB11 2021 Quick Start User Guide
What Do The Buttons On The Key Do?
(Refer to ’Vehicle Key’, page 2.2)
- LOCK: Press to lock the vehicle and arm the security system.
- UNLOCK: Press to unlock either the driver’s door or the vehicle.
- DECK LID OPEN: Press and hold to release the deck lid catch.
Press and hold to unlock all vehicle doors and open all windows.
Press and hold to lock all doors and close all windows. Volante: Global close will also open or close the convertible roof.
To unlock the vehicle, fully push the front edge of the door handle. If the system recognizes a valid key signal, the door will unlock and open.
To lock the vehicle, close all the vehicle doors and press the rear edge of the door handle to activate the lock switch.
How Do I Adjust The Seat?
(Refer to ’Seat Adjustment’, page 3.2)
- BOLSTER/LUMBAR ADJUSTMENT SELECTOR SWITCH (OPTIONAL): Press the switch up to select lumbar adjustment. Press down to select bolster adjustment.
- BOLSTER/LUMBAR ADJUSTMENT: Use the directional pad to adjust the position of the lumbar or bolster support.
- SEAT POSITION ADJUST: Seat forward/backward and height adjust. Raise front to tilt base of seat.
- SEAT BACKREST ADJUST: Seat back angle adjust.
- MEMORY SEAT POSITIONS: Use to select or store memory positions for the seat, steering column and door mirror positions .
How Do I Get To The Back Seats?
Pull the release strap (A) to release the seat back. Pull and hold to move the rear of the seat forward.
What Do The Door Switches Do?
- DOOR MIRROR SELECTOR: Press to select left or right door mirror (Refer to ’Exterior Mirrors’, page 3.7).
- DOOR MIRROR ADJUSTMENT: Use the direction pad to adjust the mirror position.
- WINDOW SWITCH: Press or pull to operate the driver or passenger windows (Refer to ’Windows’, page 3.5).
- DECK LID: Press and hold to release the deck lid catch (Refer to ’Deck Lid’, page 2.8).
How Do I Adjust The Steering Column?
(Refer to ’Steering Column’, page 3.8)
The reach and tilt angle of the steering column are adjusted by using the adjustment lever. Push the lever down or up to adjust the steering column angle. Pull the lever towards you to bring the steering wheel closer and away to move the steering wheel back.
How Do I Use The Memory Positions?
(Refer to ’How Do I Use The Memory Positions?’, page 1.5).
Setting a Position
Adjust the seat, steering column and the door rear view mirrors to the desired position. Push the memory button (M), then press the required memory channel (1, 2 or 3) to save the positions. A chime is heard and a message will show in the message center to confirm. By repeating these steps and pressing an unused button, a second and third driving position can be saved in the memory.
Recalling a Memory Position
Once in the seat press and hold buttons 1, 2, or 3 (depending on which saved channel is required) until all movement is stopped. The seat will move to the saved position. Seat and steering wheel movement will be interrupted if the memory channel button is released. Exterior mirror movement will continue. Press and hold the memory channel button to complete seat and steering wheel movement.
What Do The Centre Stack Switches Do?
(Refer to ’Centre Stack Controls’, page 4.5)
- ENGINE START/STOP: Press to start or stop the engine (Refer to ’How To Start The Engine’, page 5.4).
- TRANSMISSION CONTROL BUTTONS: Press to select a transmission mode (Refer to ’Transmission Controls’, page 5.5). 1.6 Quick Start Lock or unlock the vehicle (Refer to â€™Interior Lock Switches€™, page 2.7).
- HAZARD WARNING SWITCH: Press to set the hazard warning lamps to ON or OFF (Refer to â€™Hazard lamps€™, page 4.17). PARK ASSIST FUNCTIONS: Operate PDC sensors or operate 360Â° camera system (Refer to â€™Park Assist Systems€™, page
- PASSENGER AIRBAG STATUS: Indicator to show if the passenger airbag is active or not (Refer to â€™Passenger Airbag Deactivation€™, page 3.20)
What Does The Control Dial Do?
Control Dial (shown with optional Touch Pad)
- CONTROL DIAL:
Use to navigate through menus in the infotainment system. Press down to confirm a selection (referred to as ENTER throughout this handbook).
The touch-sensitive pad can be used to navigate menus in the infotainment system. Press down to confirm a selection. The touchpad can also be used for handwriting recognition (Refer to ’Touch Pad’, page 4.7).
Press to view items on your favorites list. Press and hold to add the current menu item to the favorite list.
- QUICK ACCESS MENU:
- Press to access the quick access menu.
Press to go back to a level in the menu.
What Are The Steering Wheel Controls?
- ADAPTIVE DAMPING:
Press to cycle adaptive damping modes (Refer to ’Adaptive Damping’, page 5.17).
- START VOICE CONTROL:
Press to start voice control (Refer to ’Voice Control’, page 4.14).
- MENU HOME:
Press to open the instrument cluster menu (Refer to ’Instrument Cluster Menu’, page 4.11).
- DRIVE MODE:
Press to cycle between drive modes (Refer to ’Drive Modes’, page 5.11).
- MENU SCROLL:
Roll the menu scroll wheel up or down to navigate the instrument cluster menu. Press the scroll wheel button to select an item in the menu (referred to in this handbook as OK).
Press to answer an incoming call (Refer to ’Calls’, page 7.5).
- MENU BACK:
Press to take the instrument cluster menu back one level.
Push to sound the vehicle horn.
- END VOICE CONTROL:
End voice control.
- END CALL:
Press to end a call or reject an incoming call.
- VOLUME DIAL: Roll the volume scroll wheel up or down to increase or decrease volume for the audio system, or volume during a phone call. Press the scroll wheel button to set sound to ON or OFF.
Pull back on either paddle to enter Techtronic mode (Refer to â€™Techtronic Modeâ€™, page 5.7).
- Downshift Paddle
- Upshift Paddle
Neutral is selected by pulling back both paddles together and releasing or by pressing (N) Neutral on the center stack. P (Park) and R (Reverse) are selected with the PRND buttons.
What Do The Stalks Control?
Indicators and Headlamp Beam
Push the stalk for the main beam headlamps. Pull the stalk back to the initial position to return to dipped beam headlamps. Flash Headlamps
Pull the stalk to flash the main beam headlamps.
Press up to briefly indicate a right turn and down for a left turn. Press until the switch latches to hold the selected indicator on.
Rotate the wipe speed selector (A) to select a wipe speed.
- Windscreen wipers OFF
- Intermittent wipe (low rain sensor sensitivity)
- Intermittent wipe (high rain sensor sensitivity)
- Continuous wipe (slow)
- Continuous wipe (fast)
- Press for a single wipe.
- Press and hold to operate the front windscreen washers.
How Do I Turn On The Exterior Lamps?
- Left-side park lamp
- Right-side park lamp
- Side lamps (including number plate lamps)
- Automatic headlamp mode
- Dipped beam headlamps
- Rear foglamp
How Do I Activate The Vehicle Bluetooth?
Bluetooth® must be activated on both the vehicle and the mobile device to be used.
Before a Bluetooth®1 device can be used with the vehicle Bluetooth®, the vehicle’s Bluetooth® system must be set to ON. To set the vehicle Bluetooth® system ON:
- Navigate to Vehicle on the main menu.
- Select System Settings.
- Select Activate Bluetooth and set it to ON.
- The Bluetooth® word mark and logos are registered trademarks owned by Bluetooth SIG, Inc., and any use of such marks by Aston Martin is under license. Other trademarks and trade names are those of their respective owners.
How Do I Pair A Bluetooth Device
(Refer to â€™Device Management€™, page 7.2)
To add a new device, select Tel from the main menu and navigate to Connect Device, and select Search for Phones or Search via Telephone.
Search for Phones
The mobile device must be set to discoverable mode. Refer to the mobile device manufacturers’ instructions.
Select Search for Phones to begin a search for discoverable phones. Select the required phone and press ENTER. Follow the instructions shown on the phone and the infotainment display to pair the phone.
Search via Telephone
Select Search via Telephone to set the infotainment system to ‘listen’ for a mobile phone connection. Follow the mobile phone manufacturer’s instructions to search and connect to a new Bluetooth® device. The phone will search for discoverable Bluetooth® devices in its range.
Select Aston Martin DB11 from the device list.
If Aston Martin DB11 does not show, check that Bluetooth is active in the infotainment system and search again.
Follow the instructions shown on the phone and the infotainment display to pair the phone.
Completing Device Pairing
Once the mobile phone is paired it is ready for use with the vehicle’s hands-free system. The vehicle will also request access to call history, contact list, and messages.
How Do I Operate The Media System?
- DISC SLOT:
Slot to insert a CD or DVD disc.
Press to eject the disc.
Opens the Media screen (Refer to ’Media’, page 8.10). Opens the media source list if the media screen is already open.
- VOLUME CONTROLS:
Press to increase and to decrease volume. Sliding a finger along the volume bar will also increase or decrease volume. Volume can also be controlled by the left scroll wheel on the steering wheel.
Open the Radio screen (Refer to ’Radio’, page 8.5). Opens the radio source list if the media screen is already open.
Press to turn the infotainment system ON or OFF.
How Do I Pair A Bluetooth Audio Device
(Refer to â€™Bluetooth Connectionâ€™, page 8.16)
BluetoothÂ® audio must be paired to the vehicle independently from the BluetoothÂ® hands free connection.
To select a BluetoothÂ® audio device:
- Make sure Bluetooth® is activated on your device and in discoverable mode1.
- Select Bluetooth Audio as a media source.
- In the Options menu, select Bluetooth Audio Devices.
- Select a Bluetooth® device from the list of devices.
For new devices:
- Select the device from the list to begin pairing.
- A code will be shown on the infotainment display.
- If this code matches the code shown on the Bluetooth® device select Yes to complete pairing.
- Select No to cancel pairing the Bluetooth® device.
How Do I Change The Media Source?
Press or select Media from the main menu to show the available media sources. Rotate the CONTROL DIAL and press ENTER to select a media source. Select from the following media sources:
- Memory Card
- Media Register
- USB 1
- USB 2
- Bluetooth Audio
Alternatively, select a media source from Devices(Refer to â€™Devices€™, page 8.15). For formats that can be used (Refer to â€™Media Formats and File Systems€™, page 8.11).
What Can I Listen To?
Press on the center stack or select Radio from the main menu. Aston Martin DB11 2021 Quick Start User Guide 35Rotate the CONTROL DIAL to select a radio source and press ENTER
Selecting a station from the display screen
The display screen shows available stations that can be played. Rotate the CONTROL DIAL with the center display highlighted to select a radio station. Selecting a station from the current stations list
Press ENTER with the center display highlighted to open the current stations list.
Rotate the CONTROL DIAL to select a radio station and press ENTER.
Portable Media Audio
Press on the Centre stack or select Media from the main menu to open the media Now Playing screen.
The Now Playing screen shows track information such as album art, artist and album name on the left side of the screen along with track play time and track number. Media source device and track name are shown on the right side of the screen.
What Can I Watch
Portable Media Video
Video files from portable media can also be supported with the infotainment system. In the Now Playing screen, highlight the view window area and press ENTER.
DVD Video Media
The Now Playing screen initially shows video in full-screen mode. Press ENTER to bring up the basic DVD information bar which shows the media source, track/title number, scene number, and play time.
Press ENTER on Menu to show the upper and lower information bars. Media playback will continue.
To return to the full-screen display, push up or down on the CONTROL DIAL to highlight the display area and press ENTER on the full-screen symbol.
How Do I Set A Navigation Destination?
(Refer to â€™Destination€™, page 9.10)
Press or select to open the Navigation screen.
Select Destination from the lower information bar and select Address Entry.
Enter a destination in the Address Entry screen and select Start to begin navigation.
Aston Martin 2023 Top Accessories
[amalinkspro_table id=”32446″ new-window=”on” nofollow=”on” addtocart=”off” /]
View Full User Guide: Aston Martin DB11 2021 User Guide
Download Manuals: Owner’s Guide Aston Martin