BMW 3 Series 2020-2023 Android Auto preparation User Manual
Android Auto preparation
Android Auto allows the operation of certain functions of a compatible smartphone via voice control and iDrive.
The range of services offered depends on the country.
- Compatible Android smartphone: Samsung or Google smartphone with Android 10 or an Android smartphone with Android 11, regard‐less of the manufacturer.
- Compatible devices, refer to page 74.
- Corresponding mobile contract.
- Bluetooth and WLAN are enabled on the smartphone.
- The smartphone must support a 5 Ghz WiFi connection.
- If necessary, the setting for mobile data must be activated on the smartphone.
- WLAN and Bluetooth are enabled in the vehicle.
Pairing a smartphone with Android Auto
- “Mobile devices”
- Tilt the Controller to the right.
- “New device”
- “Phone calls and audio”
The vehicle’s Bluetooth name is displayed on the Control Display.
On the mobile device, search for Bluetooth devices in the vicinity and select the vehicle. A control number is displayed.
- Compare the control number displayed on the Control Display with the control number on the display of the mobile device, and con‐firm that the two match.
- “Use Android Auto”
- If necessary, finish the setup on the mobile device.
The smartphone is connected to the vehicle and displayed in the device list.
For more information, refer to the Integrated Owner’s Manual or the Owner’s Manual for Navigation, Entertainment, and Communication.
Frequently Asked Questions
All requirements are met and all required steps were completed in the specified order. Despite that, the mobile device does not function as ex‐pected.
In this case, the following explanations can help:
The smartphone has already been paired with Android Auto. When a new connection is set up, Android Auto can no longer be selected.
- Delete the smartphone concerned from the device list.
- On the smartphone, delete the vehicle concerned from the list of stored connections under Bluetooth and under WLAN.
- Pair the smartphone as a new device.
If the steps listed have been carried out and the required function is still not available: contact Customer Relations, a dealer’s service center or another qualified service center or repair shop.
The following mobile devices can be connected to the USB port:
- Mobile phones.
- Audio devices such as MP3 players.
- USB storage devices.
Common file systems are supported. FAT32 and exFAT are the recommended formats.
A connected USB device will be supplied with charge current via the USB port if the device supports this. Follow the maximum charge cur‐rent of the USB port.
The following uses are possible on USB ports with data transmission:
- Playing music files.
- Playing videos.
Follow the following when connecting:
- Do not use force when plugging the connector into the USB port.
Use a flexible adapter cable.
- Protect the USB device against mechanical damage.
- Due to the large number of USB devices available on the market, it cannot be guaran‐teed that every device is operable on the vehicle.
- Do not expose USB devices to extreme environmental conditions, such as very high temperatures; refer to the operating instructions of the device.
- Due to the many different compression techniques, proper playback of the media stored on the USB device cannot be guaranteed in all cases.
- To ensure proper transmission of the stored data, do not charge a USB device via the on‐board socket, when it is connected to the USB port.
- Depending on how the USB device is being used, settings may be required on the USB storage device, refer to the operating instructions of the device.
Not compatible USB devices:
- USB hard drives.
- USB hubs.
- USB memory card readers with multiple slots.
- HFS-formatted USB devices.
- Devices such as fans or lamps.
Compatible device with USB port.
For compatible devices, refer to page 74.
Connecting the device
Connect the USB device using a suitable adapter cable to a USB port.
The USB device is displayed in the device list
[amalinkspro_table id=”32452″ new-window=”on” no follow=”on” addtocart=”off” /]
View Full User Guide : BMW 3 Series 2020-2023 User Manual
Download Manuals: https://www.bmwusa.com/owners-manuals.html