BMW 3 Series 2020-2023 Condition-Based Service User Manual
Condition-Based Service CBS
Sensors and special algorithms take into account the driving conditions of the vehicle. CBS uses these to provide maintenance recommendations.
The system makes it possible to adapt the amount of maintenance corresponding to your user profile.
Information on service notifications can be dis‐played on the Control Display.
Service notifications, refer to page 163.
Service data in the vehicle key
Information on the service notifications is continuously stored in the vehicle key. The service center can read this data out and suggest a maintenance scope for the vehicle.
Therefore, hand the service advisor the vehicle key with which the vehicle was driven most recently.
Storage periods during which the vehicle battery was disconnected are not taken into account.
If this occurs, have a dealer’s service center or another qualified service center or repair shop update the time-dependent maintenance procedures, such as checking brake fluid and, if necessary, changing the engine oil and the microfilter/activated charcoal filter.
Maintenance Booklet for US Models
Please consult your Maintenance Booklet for additional information on the performance of service and maintenance work.
The manufacturer of your vehicle recommends that maintenance and repair be performed by a service center or another qualified service center or repair shop. Records of regular maintenance and repair work should be retained.
Socket for OBD Onboard Diagnosis
Devices connected to the OBD socket trigger the alarm system when the vehicle is locked. Re‐move any devices connected at the OBD socket before locking the vehicle.
The socket for Onboard Diagnosis is an intricate component intended to be used in con‐junction with specialized equipment to check the vehicle’s primary emissions system. Improper use of the socket for Onboard Diagnosis, or contact with the socket for Onboard Diagnosis for other than its intended purpose, can cause vehicle malfunctions and creates risks of personal and property damage. Given the foregoing, the manufacture of your vehicle strongly recommends that access to the socket for Onboard Diagnosis be limited to a dealer’s service center or another qualified service center or repair shop or other persons that have the specialized training and equipment for purposes of properly utilizing the socket for On‐board Diagnosis.
Located on the driver’s side is an OBD socket for reading the vehicle data.
- The warning light lights up: Emissions are deteriorating. Have the vehicle checked as soon as possible.
- The warning light flashes under certain circumstances:
This indicates that there is excessive misfiring in the engine.
Reduce the vehicle speed and have the system checked immediately; otherwise, serious engine misfiring within a brief period can seriously damage emission control components, in particular the catalytic converter.
Vehicle features and options
- This chapter describes all standard, country-specific and optional features offered with the series. It also describes features and functions that are not necessarily available in your vehicle, e.g., due to the selected options or country versions. This also applies to safety-related functions and systems. When using these functions and systems, the applicable laws and regulations must be observed.
Vehicle tool kit
- The onboard vehicle tool kit is located in the left storage compartment of the cargo area under a cover.
- Safety information
The window may sustain damage if the wiper falls onto it without the wiper blade installed. There is a risk of damage to property, among other potential damage. Hold the wiper firmly when changing the wiper blade. Do not fold or switch on the wiper without a wiper blade in‐stalled.
Folded-away wipers can be jammed when the hood is opened. There is a risk of damage to property, among other potential damage. Make sure that the wipers with the wiper blades mounted are folded down onto the windshield before opening the hood.
Replacing the wiper blades
- To change the wiper blades, fold up the wiper arms.
Fold-away position of the wipers, refer to page 141.
- Fold up and hold the wiper arm firmly.
- Squeeze the retainer spring, arrow 1, and fold up the wiper blade, arrow 2.
- Remove the wiper blade forward from the catch.
- Insert the new wiper blade in reverse order of removal until it locks in place.
- Fold down the wipers.
- Reference Links
View Full User Guide: BMW 3 Series 2020-2023 User Manual
Download Manuals: https://www.bmwusa.com/owners-manuals.html