BMW 3 Series 2020-2023 Driver profiles User Manual
Driver profiles can be created to store personal vehicle settings. If the vehicle is used by multiple drivers, each driver can create his personal driver profile. When a driver profile is selected, the vehicle will automatically apply the stored settings in the driver profile.
- Three personal driver profiles can be created.
- In addition, a guest profile is available that can be selected by any driver. The guest profile is active when a personal driver profile has not been selected.
- Changes to the vehicle settings are automatically stored in the active driver profile or in the guest profile.
- The vehicle can already adjust to the driver when it is unlocked. For this purpose, the recognition via a vehicle key or a digital key must be as‐signed to a driver profile.
- ConnectedDrive countries: The settings stored in the driver’s profile can be synchronized with the personal BMW ConnectedDrive account. It is thereby possible to use these settings in other BMW vehicles as well.
- When a driver profile is created, switched or deleted, the vehicle must move at a maximum of walking speed.
After the Control Display is switched on, the Welcome screen will be displayed.
The following actions can be carried out on the Welcome screen:
- Switching the driver profile.
- Starting the set-up assistant.
This option is offered in a new vehicles for a limited period of time.
As soon as the engine is started or any button is pressed, the Welcome screen will be hidden.
The setup assistant is offered in new vehicles for a limited period of time on the Welcome screen to configure the most important settings for the vehicle.
“Getting started” Select to start the set-up assistant.
The set-up assistant can be started via iDrive at any time.
- “General settings”
- “Getting started”
The driver is guided step by step through the following functions:
- Setting the system language.
- ConnectedDrive countries:
- If the set-up assistant was opened in the guest profile: create a driver profile.
- Pairing mobile devices with the vehicle.
- If the set-up assistant was opened from an already defined driver profile: set up a personal assistant.
- Depending on whether the set-up assistant was opened from an already defined driver profile or a guest profile: set up services or confirm the explanation for the transmission of vehicle related data.
- Set up other methods for use.
The selected settings are stored in the active driver’s profile.
The guest profile can be activated by any driver. Vehicle settings that are entered when the guest profile is active will be stored in the guest profile.
In the following cases the guest profile is automatically active:
- A driver profile has not been created yet.
- No driver profile has been assigned to the vehicle key that was used to unlock the vehicle.
- No driver profile has been assigned to the digital key that was used to unlock the vehicle.
The following limitations apply:
- The guest profile cannot be renamed.
- It is not possible to assign the recognition to the guest profile.
- It is not possible to assign a PIN to the guest profile.
- ConnectedDrive countries: It is not possible to synchronize with a ConnectedDrive ac‐count.
The guest profile is selected on the Welcome screen or via iDrive:
- “Driver profiles”
As an alternative for Steps 1 and 2, the profile image can be tapped in the top status bar.
Creating a driver profile
- “Driver profiles”
- Tilt the Controller to the right.
As an alternative for Steps 1 to 3, the profile image can be tapped in the top status bar.
- “Add driver profile”
Non-ConnectedDrive countries: A name must be entered for the driver profile.
ConnectedDrive countries: An existing ConnectedDrive account must be assigned to a driver profile.
The following options are available for this purpose:
- “Via My BMW app”
Scanning the displayed QR code will accept the access data for the ConnectedDrive account from the BMW app.
- “Log in”
The access data must be entered via iDrive.
- “New registration”
Scan the displayed QR code and follow the instructions on the smartphone.
[amalinkspro_table id=”32452″ new-window=”on” no follow=”on” addtocart=”off” /]
View Full User Guide: BMW 3 Series 2020-2023 User Manual
Download Manuals: https://www.bmwusa.com/owners-manuals.html