BMW 3 Series 2020-2023 Folding Out the Wipers User Manual
Folding Out the Wipers
- Turn on standby state.
- Press and hold the wiper lever down, until the wipers stop in a close to vertical position.
- Fold the wipers all the way out from the wind‐ shield.
Folding down the wipers
- Fold the wipers back down onto the wind‐shield.
- Switch on standby state and press and hold the wiper lever down again.
Wipers return to their resting position and are ready again for operation.
The Steptronic transmission combines the functions of an automatic transmission with the possibility of manual shifting, if needed.
An unsecured vehicle can begin to move and possibly roll away. There is a risk of accident. Before exiting, secure the vehicle against rolling, for instance with the parking brake.
Selector lever positions
Gear position D
Selector lever position for normal driving. All gears for forward travel are activated automatically.
R is reverse
Engage selector lever position R only when the vehicle is stationary.
The vehicle may be pushed or roll without power, for instance in vehicle washes in selector lever position N.
Parking position P
Selector lever position, for instance for parking the vehicle. The transmission blocks the individual wheels in selector lever position P.
Engage selector lever position P only when the vehicle is stationary.
P is engaged automatically
Selector lever position P is engaged automatically in situations such as the following:
- After the drive-ready state is switched off and selector lever position R, D or M/S is engaged.
- After the standby state has been turned off when selector lever position N is engaged.
- If the driver’s safety belt is unbuckled, the driver’s door is opened, and the brake pedal is not pressed while the vehicle is stationary and selector lever position D, M/S or R is engaged.
Before exiting the vehicle, make sure that selector lever position P is set. Otherwise, the vehicle may begin to move. Also set parking brake.
Parking brake, refer to page 135.
Engaging selector lever positions
To prevent the vehicle from creeping after you select a gear position, maintain pressure on the brake pedal until you are ready to start.
Only when the drive-ready state is switched on and the brake pedal is depressed is it possible to change from selector lever position P to another selector lever position.
The selection lever position P cannot be changed until all technical requirements are met.
Engaging selector lever position D, N, R
A selector lever lock prevents the following faulty operation:
- Unintentional shifting into selector lever position R.
- Unintentional shifting from selector lever position P into another selector lever position.
- Fasten driver’s safety belt.
- Press and hold the button to release the se‐lector lever lock.
- Push the selector lever in the desired direction, past a resistance point, if needed. The selector lever automatically returns to the center position when released.
Engaging selector lever position P
Press button P.
Rolling or pushing the vehicle
In some situations, the vehicle is to roll without its own power for a short distance, for instance in a car wash, or be pushed.
Engaging selector lever position N
Selector lever position P is automatically engaged when standby state is switched off. There is a risk of damage to property, among other potential damage. Do not switch standby state off in car washes.
- Switch on drive-ready state while pressing on the brake pedal.
- If necessary, release the parking brake.
- If necessary, switch off Automatic Hold. Automatic Hold, refer to page 136.
- Depress the brake pedal.
- Touch the selector lever lock and engage se‐lector lever position N.
- Switch off drive-ready state.
In this way, standby state remains switched on, and a Check Control message is displayed.
The vehicle can roll.
Selector lever position P is engaged automatically after approximately 35 minutes.
If there is a malfunction, you may not be able to change the selector lever position.
Electronically unlock the transmission lock, if needed.
Kickdown is used to achieve maximum driving performance.
Step on the accelerator pedal beyond the resistance point at the full throttle position.
[amalinkspro_table id=”32452″ new-window=”on” no follow=”on” addtocart=”off” /]
View Full User Guide : BMW 3 Series 2020-2023 User Manual
Download Manuals: https://www.bmwusa.com/owners-manuals.html