BMW 3 Series 2020-2023 Net User Manual
Smaller objects can be stowed in the net on the left or right side.
Storage compartment on the right side
A storage compartment is available on the right side of the cargo area.
Storage compartment on the left side
A storage compartment is located on the left side in the cargo area.
With emergency wheel: storage compartment under the cargo floor panel
- Fold up the cargo floor panel.
- Closing the storage compartment
- Push the cargo floor panel downward.
There is a storage compartment under the cargo floor panel.
Opening the storage compartment
Fold up the cargo floor panel.
Closing the storage compartment
Push the cargo floor panel downward.
The cargo area can be enlarged by folding down the rear seat backrests.
The rear seat backrest is divided at a ratio of 40–20–40. The side rear seat backrests and the center section can be folded down separately.
The rear seat backrests can be folded down from the cargo area. The center section can be separately folded down from the rear.
Danger of jamming with folding down the back‐rests. There is a risk of injury or risk of damage to property. Make sure that the area of movement of the rear backrest and the of the head restraint is clear prior to folding down.
If a rear seat backrest is not locked, unsecured cargo can be thrown about the car’s interior; for instance, in the event of an accident, braking or an evasive maneuver. There is a risk of injury. Make sure that the rear seat backrest is locked after folding it back.
The stability of the child restraint system is limited or compromised with incorrect seat setting or improper installation of the child seat. There is a risk of injury or danger to life. Make sure that the child restraint system fits securely against the backrest. If possible, adjust the backrest tilt for all affected backrests and correctly adjust the seats. Make sure that seats and backrests are securely engaged or locked. If possible, adjust the height of the head restraints or remove them.
Vehicle parts can be damaged when folding down the rear backrest. There is a risk of damage to property, among other potential dam‐age. Make sure that the area of movement of the rear backrest including head restraint is clear when folding down.
Folding down the rear seat backrest from the cargo area
- Unlock the belt lock of the center safety belt in the rear using the latch plate of another safety belt.
- Insert the latch plate at the end of the belt into the specially designated fixture on the rear shelf.
- Push the corresponding head restraint down as far as it will go.
- Pull the corresponding lever in the cargo area to release the rear seat backrest. The un‐locked rear seat backrest moves forward slightly.
- Fold the rear seat backrest forward.
Folding back the backrest
Return the rear seat backrest to the seat position and engage it.
Folding down the center section
- Fold down the center head restraint.
- Pull lever and fold the center section forward.
With an emergency wheel: enlarging the cargo area
The emergency wheel and any related components can be temporarily removed to enlarge the cargo area.
Removing the emergency wheel and the storage compartments
- To remove the cargo area floor, pull it upward directly behind the rear backrests.
- Remove tool holder and emergency wheel, refer to page 346.
- Loosen the ratchet strap from the lashing eyes.
- Remove the storage compartment.Loosen the ratchet strap from the lashing eyes.
Remove the storage compartment.
- Insert the cargo floor panel.Inserting the emergency wheel and the storage compartments
Proceed in reverse order to insert the emergency wheel and the storage compartments
View Full User Guide: BMW 3 Series 2020-2023 User Manual
Download Manuals: https://www.bmwusa.com/owners-manuals.html