BMW 3 Series 2020-2023 Unbuckling the Safety Belt User Manual
Unbuckling the Safety Belt
- Hold the safety belt firmly.
- Press the red button in the belt buckle.
- Open the belt lock, arrow 2, with the buckle tongue, arrow 1.
- Guide the safety belt to the fixture on the rear shelf.
Safety belt reminder for driver’s seat and front passenger seat
The safety belt reminder is issued when the driver’s safety belt is not buckled.
The safety belt reminder is also active when the front passenger seat belt is not buckled or objects are on the front passenger seat.
The safety belt reminder is also activated when a passenger unbuckles a safety belt during the trip.
Display in the instrument cluster
The indicator light lights up and a signal sounds. Make sure that the safety belts are positioned correctly. The safety belt
reminder can also be activated if objects are placed on the front passenger seat.
Safety belt reminder for rear seats
The safety belt reminder is automatically activated each time the engine starts.
The safety belt reminder is also activated when a passenger unbuckles a rear seat safety belt during the trip.
Display in the instrument cluster
The indicator light in the instrument cluster illuminates after the engine is started.
The displays may vary depending on the equipment version and country variant.
In critical driving situations, for instance during emergency braking, the front safety belts tighten automatically.
If the driving situation passes without an accident occurring, the belt tension relaxes.
If the belt tension does not loosen automatically, stop the vehicle and unbuckle the safety belt using the red button in the safety belt buckle. Fasten the safety belt before continuing on your trip.
Front head restraints
Removal or incorrect adjustment of head restraints can cause injuries in the head and neck area. There is a risk of injury.
- Before driving, install the removed head restraints on the occupied seats.
- Adjust the head restraint so its center supports the back of the head at as close to eye level as possible.
- Adjust the distance so that the head restraint is as close as possible to the back of the head. Adjust the distance via the backrest tilt as needed.
Body parts can be jammed when moving the head restraint. There is a risk of injury. Make sure that the area of movement is clear when moving the head restraint.
Objects on the head restraint reduce the protective effect in the head and neck area. There is a risk of injury.
- Do not use seat or head restraint covers.
- Do not hang objects, for instance clothes hangers, directly on the head restraint.
- Only use accessories that have been determined to be safe for attachment to a head restraint.
- Do not use any accessories, for instance pillows, while driving.
Adjusting the height
- To lower: press the button, arrow 1, and push the head restraint down.
- To raise: push the head restraint up.
After setting the height, make sure that the head restraint engages correctly.
Adjusting the height: M sport seat
Press switch up or down.
- Back: press the button and push the head restraint toward the rear.
- Forward: pull the head restraint toward the front.
After setting the distance, make sure that the head restraint engages correctly.
Adjusting the distance: M Sport seat
The distance to the back of the head is adjusted via the backrest tilt.
Adjust the distance so that the head restraint is as close as possible to the back of the head.
Only remove the head restraint if no one will be sitting in the seat in question.
- Raise the head restraint up against the resistance.
- Press the button, arrow 1, and pull the head restraint out completely.
Removing: M Sport seat
The head restraints cannot be removed.
Proceed in the reverse order to install the head restraint.
[amalinkspro_table id=”32452″ new-window=”on” no follow=”on” addtocart=”off” /]
View Full User Guide: BMW 3 Series 2020-2023 User Manual
Download Manuals: https://www.bmwusa.com/owners-manuals.html