BMW 3 Series 2020-2023 Unlocking and locking the Vehicle User Manual
Unlocking and locking the Vehicle
Hold the near field communication antenna of the smartphone directly and center on the external door handle of the driver’s door.
The position of the near-field communication antenna depends on the smartphone model.
When locking the vehicle with the smartphone, make sure that all doors including the trunk lid are closed.
Starting the engine
- Open the cover of the smartphone tray.
- Place the smartphone centered into the smartphone tray.
Ensure that the display is facing up.
- Close the cover of the smartphone tray.
- Press the Start/Stop button to start the engine.
Sale of the smartphone
Delete all digital keys on the smartphone prior to selling the smartphone. This ensures that the smartphone can no longer be used for the vehicle.
Sale of the vehicle
Prior to selling a vehicle, reset the Digital Key function or remove the vehicle from the ConnectedDrive account of the current vehicle owner.
When the vehicle is removed from the ConnectedDrive account, all digital keys for the vehicle will be deleted.
Digital key recognition by the vehicle may malfunction under the following circumstances:
- The smartphone is shielded from the sensors in the vehicle by a smartphone cover that is not suitable.
- Objects such as a chip card or the Key Card are located between the smartphone and the smartphone cover.
The driver’s door can be locked and unlocked without the vehicle key using the integrated key.
Depending on the national-market version, the integrated key also.
For some country versions, unlocking from the inside is only possible with special knowledge.
Persons who spend a lengthy time in the vehicle while being exposed to extreme temperatures are at risk of injury or death. Do not lock the vehicle from the outside when there are people in it.
The door lock is permanently joined with the door. The door handle can be moved. When pulling the door handle with the integrated key inserted, paint or the integrated key can be damaged. There is a risk of damage to property, among other potential damage. Remove the integrated key before pulling the external door handle.
Press the button, arrow 1, and pull out the integrated key, arrow 2.
Locking/unlocking via the door lock
- Pull and hold the door handle outward with one hand.
- Guide one finger of your other hand from the back under the cover and push the cover out.
Use the thumb for counter support to prevent the cover from falling out of the door handle.
- Remove the cover.
- Unlock or lock the door lock using the integrated key. The other doors must be unlocked or locked from the inside.
The activated alarm system is triggered when the door is opened if the vehicle has been un‐locked via the door lock.
The alarm system is not switched on if the vehicle is locked with the integrated key.
Buttons for the central locking system
In the event of a severe accident, the vehicle is automatically unlocked. The hazard warning system and interior lights come on.
Buttons for the central locking system.
Press the button with the front doors closed.
- The fuel filler flap remains unlocked.
- The vehicle is not secured against theft when locked.
Press the button.
- Press the button to unlock all the doors.
Pull the door opener above the armrest.
- Front doors: pull the door handle on the door to open the door. The other doors remain locked.
- Back doors: pull twice on the door handle for the door to be opened; the first time unlocks the door, and the second time opens it. The other doors remain locked.
[amalinkspro_table id=”32452″ new-window=”on” no follow=”on” addtocart=”off” /]
View Full User Guide: BMW 3 Series 2020-2023 User Manual
Download Manuals: https://www.bmwusa.com/owners-manuals.html