BMW 8 Series Convertible 2022-2023 Brake Intervention User Manual
- The warning prompts the driver to intervene.
- The system may also assist in braking if there is a risk of collision.
- The vehicle can be decelerated to a standstill.
- The brake intervention can be interrupted by stepping on the accelerator pedal or by actively moving the steering wheel.
- The system’s ability to detect objects may be limited in some circumstances. Refer to the information in this Owner’s Manual regarding the limitations of the system and actively intervene as warranted.
The system is designed to operate in certain conditions and circumstances. Due to conditions or other factors, the system may not respond. There may be a risk of accident or risk of damage to property. Actively intervene as warranted. Refer to the information in this Owner’s Manual regarding the scope of the system’s operation and limitations.
The system responds to crossing vehicles when your own speed is below approx.
50 mph/80 km/h.
The system’s detection capability is limited.
Thus, a system reaction might not come or might come late.
The following situations may not be detected, for instance:
Crossing vehicles when they are hidden by buildings, for instance.
Vehicles that suddenly swerve in front of you, or strongly decelerating vehicles.
- Crossing bicycles
- Vehicles with an unusual side appearance.
System limits of the sensors
- Additional information:
- Cameras, refer to page 37.
For radar sensors, refer to page 38.
The system may be limited in the following situations:
- In tight curves.
If the driving stability control systems are limited or deactivated, for instance, DSC OFF.
- Up to 10 seconds after the start of the engine via the Start/Stop button.
The more sensitive the warning settings are, for example, the warning time, the more warnings are displayed. Therefore, there may also be an excess of premature or unjustified warnings and reactions.
Pedestrian Warning with City Collision Mitigation
The Pedestrian Warning warns in the city speed range of possible risk of collision with pedestrians and bicycle riders and may brake independently. In the event of an accident, the system may reduce impact speed.
Sensors detect the traffic situation.
The system issues a warning of a possible risk of collision with pedestrians and cyclists at speeds above approx. 3 mph/5 km/h.
The system reacts to pedestrians and cyclists who are within the detection range of the system.
The system cannot serve as a substitute for the driver’s personal judgment in assessing visibility and traffic situations. There is a risk of an accident. Adjust driving style to traffic conditions. Watch traffic closely and actively intervene where appropriate.
Indicators and warnings cannot serve as a substitute for the driver’s personal judgment. Due to its limits, the system may not issue warnings or reactions, or these may be issued late or in a manner that is not consistent with their normal use. There is a risk of an accident. Adjust driving style to traffic conditions. Watch traffic closely and actively intervene where appropriate.
Due to system limits, individual functions can malfunction during tow-starting/towing with the Intelligent Safety systems activated. There is a risk of an accident. Switch all Intelligent Safety systems off prior to tow-starting/towing.
Button in the vehicle
- The system is controlled by the following sensors:
- Cameras behind the windshield.
With radar sensor: front radar sensor.
- Additional information:
For sensors of the vehicle, refer to page 37.
Detection rangeThe detection range in front of the vehicle is divided into two areas:
- Central area, arrow 1, directly in front of the vehicle.
Extended area, arrows 2, to the right and left of the central area.
- A collision is imminent if pedestrians are located within the central area. A warning is issued about pedestrians who are located within the extended area only if they are moving in the direction of the central area.
- Turning on/off
- Turning on automatically
The system is automatically activated when the vehicle is turned on.
View Full User Guide: BMW 8 Series Convertible 2022-2023 User Manual
Download Manuals: https://www.bmwusa.com/owners-manuals.html