BMW 8 Series Convertible 2022-2023 Comfort Access User Manual
The vehicle can be accessed without operating the vehicle key.
Carrying the vehicle key with you, e.g., in your pants pocket, is sufficient.
The vehicle automatically detects the vehicle key when it is in close proximity or in the car’s interior.
Comfort Access supports the following functions:
- Unlocking and locking the vehicle from the door handle.
- Convenient closing.
- Touchless unlocking and locking of the vehicle.
- Steptronic transmission: unlocking and locking the vehicle using the BMW Digital Key.
- Opening trunk lid.
- Opening and closing the trunk lid with no-touch activation.
- To lock the vehicle, the vehicle key must be outside of the vehicle near the doors.
- The next unlocking and locking cycle is not possible until after approx. 2 seconds.
The behavior of the vehicle during unlocking via Comfort Access depends on the following settings:
- If the unlocking of the vehicle is confirmed with a light signal or a sound signal.
- If the welcome light is switched on when the vehicle is being unlocked.
Unlocking the vehicle
Grasp the handle of a vehicle door completely. In addition, the following functions are executed:
- If a driver profile was assigned to the vehicle key, this driver profile will be activated and the settings that are stored in it will be applied.
- The interior lights are switched on unless they were manually switched off.
- Folded-in exterior mirrors are folded out.
If the exterior mirrors were folded in via the button in the car’s interior, they will not be folded out when unlocking.
- With alarm system: The alarm system will be switched off.
The behavior of the vehicle during locking via the Comfort Access depends on the following settings:
- If the locking of the vehicle is confirmed with a light signal or a sound signal.
- If the exterior mirrors are automatically folded in when the vehicle is locked. The exterior mirrors are not folded in when the hazard warning flashers are switched on.
- If pathway lighting is activated during locking.
Locking the vehicle
Close the driver’s door.
Touch the grooved surface on the handle of a closed vehicle door with your finger for approx. 1 second without grasping the door handle.
The following functions are executed:
- All doors, the trunk lid, and the fuel filler flap are locked.
- With alarm system: The alarm system will be switched on.
With convenient closing, body parts can be jammed. There is a risk of injury. Make sure that the area of movement of the doors is clear during convenient closing.
Touch the grooved surface on the handle of a closed vehicle door with your finger and hold it there without grasping the door handle.
In addition to locking, the windows and glass sunroof with sun protection will be closed.
The exterior mirrors are folded in unless they were folded in during locking. The exterior mirrors are not folded in when the hazard warning flashers are switched on.
Opening the trunk lid
If you open the trunk lid via Comfort Access, locked doors will not be unlocked.
To avoid locking the vehicle key in the vehicle, do not place the vehicle key in the cargo area.
Body parts can be jammed when operating the trunk lid. There is a risk of injury. Make sure that the area of movement of the trunk lid is clear during opening and closing.
During opening, the trunk lid pivots back and up. There is a risk of damage to property, among other potential damage. Make sure that the area of movement of the trunk lid is clear during opening and closing.
Press the button on the outer side of the trunk lid.
View Full User Guide: BMW 8 Series Convertible 2022-2023 User Manual
Download Manuals: : https://www.bmwusa.com/owners-manuals.htm