BMW 8 Series Convertible 2022-2023 Correct use of safety Belts User Manual
Correct use of safety Belts
- Wear the safety belt twist-free and tight to your body over your lap and shoulders.
- Wear the safety belt deep on your hips over your lap. The safety belt may not press on your stomach.
- Do not rub the safety belt against sharp edges, or guide it or jam it in across hard or fragile objects.
- Avoid thick clothing.
- Re-tighten the safety belt frequently upward around your upper body.
Buckling the safety belt
- Guide the safety belt slowly over the shoulder and hip to put it on.
- Insert the tongue plate into the safety belt buckle. The safety belt buckle must engage audibly.
Unbuckling the safety belt
- Hold the safety belt firmly.
- Press the red button on the safety belt buckle.
- Guide the safety belt back into its roll-up mechanism.
Safety belt reminder for driver’s seat and front passenger seat
The safety belt reminder is issued when the driver’s safety belt is not buckled.
The safety belt reminder is also active when the front passenger seat belt is not buckled or objects are on the front passenger seat.
The safety belt reminder is also activated when a passenger unbuckles a safety belt during the trip.
Display in the instrument cluster
The indicator light lights up and a signal sounds. Make sure that the safety belts are positioned correctly. The safety belt reminder can also be activated if objects are placed on the front passenger seat.
Safety belt reminder for rear seats
The safety belt reminder is automatically activated each time the engine starts.
The safety belt reminder is also activated when a passenger unbuckles a rear seat safety belt during the trip.
Display in the instrument cluster
The indicator light in the instrument cluster illuminates after the engine is started.
The displays may vary depending on the equipment version and country variant.
Front head restraints
The current head restraint position can be stored using the memory function.
Removal or incorrect adjustment of head restraints can cause injuries in the head and neck area. There is a risk of injury.
Before driving, install the removed head restraints on the occupied seats.
Adjust the head restraint so its center supports the back of the head at as close to eye level as possible.
Adjust the distance so that the head restraint is as close as possible to the back of the head. Adjust the distance via the backrest tilt as needed.
Body parts can be jammed when moving the head restraint. There is a risk of injury. Make sure that the area of movement is clear when moving the head restraint.
Objects on the head restraint reduce the protective effect in the head and neck area. There is a risk of injury.
- Do not use the seat or head restraint covers.
- Do not hang objects, for instance, clothes hangers, directly on the head restraint.
- Only use accessories that have been determined to be safe for attachment to a head restraint.
- Do not use any accessories, for instance, pillows, while driving.
Adjusting the height
Press the switch up or down.
To prevent a collision of the head restraint with the convertible top, the head restraint cannot be adjusted in height in certain seat positions. Move the seat into a lower position for head restraint adjustment.
Adjusting the distance: basis seat
- Back: press the button and push the head restraint toward the rear.
- Forward: pull the head restraint toward the front.
- After setting the distance, make sure that the head restraint engages correctly.
Adjusting the distance: M Sport seat
The distance to the back of the head is adjusted via the backrest tilt.
Adjust the distance so that the head restraint is as close as possible to the back of the head.
The head restraints cannot be removed.
View Full User Guide: BMW 8 Series Convertible 2022-2023 User Manual
Download Manuals: https://www.bmwusa.com/owners-manuals.html