BMW 8 Series Convertible 2022-2023 Detection Range User Manual
- The system’s detection capability is limited.
- Only objects that are detected by the system are taken into account.
- Thus, a system reaction might not come or might come late.
- The following situations may not be detected, for instance:
- Slow-moving vehicles when you approach them at high speed.
- Vehicles that suddenly swerve in front of you, or strongly decelerating vehicles.
- Vehicles with an unusual rear view.
- Two-wheeled vehicles ahead of you.
If the vehicle speed exceeds approx.
155 mph/250 km/h, the system is deactivated temporarily. When the vehicle slows down to below this speed, the system is reactivated.
System limits of the sensors
- Additional information:
- Cameras, refer to page 37.
- For radar sensors, refer to page 38.
- Functional limitations
The system may be limited in the following situations:
- In tight curves.
If the driving stability control systems are limited or deactivated, for instance, DSC OFF.
Up to 10 seconds after the start of the engine via the Start/Stop button.
The more sensitive the warning settings are, for example, the warning time, the more warnings are displayed. Therefore, there may also be an excess of premature or unjustified warnings and reactions.
The Evasion Assistant supports the driver in making evasive maneuvers in certain situations, such as when obstacles or persons suddenly appear.
The system issues a warning and intervenes to support the driver if a lateral evasive maneuver is possible. Sensors monitor and detect the clearance around the vehicle. If the system identifies space alongside the vehicle, it supports an evasive maneuver begun by the driver by safely providing targeted supporting steering movements.
The system cannot serve as a substitute for the driver’s personal judgment in assessing visibility and traffic situation. There is a risk of accident. Adjust driving style to traffic conditions. Watch traffic closely and actively intervene where appropriate.
Indicators and warnings cannot serve as a substitute for the driver’s personal judgment. Due to its limits, the system may not issue warnings or reactions, or these may be issued late or in a manner that is not consistent with their normal use. There is a risk of an accident. Adjust driving style to traffic conditions. Watch traffic closely and actively intervene where appropriate.
The system is controlled by the following sensors:
- Cameras behind the windshield.
- Front radar sensor.
- Radar sensors, side, front.
- Radar sensors, side, rear. Additional information:
- For sensors of the vehicle, refer to page 37.
- Pedestrian Warning with braking function is switched on.
- Pedestrian Warning with City Collision Mitigation, refer to page 196.
- Approach control warning with light braking function is switched on.
- Approach control warning with light braking function, refer to page 187.
- Sensors detect sufficient clearance around the vehicle.
The system is automatically activated when the vehicle is turned on.
Warning with evasion support
A warning symbol appears in the instrument cluster and in the Head-up Display, where available if a collision with a detected vehicle is imminent.
The danger of collision with a vehicle crossing from the right.
The danger of collision with a vehicle crossing from the left.
The danger of collision with the vehicle for which the driving direction cannot be determined.
Display in the instrument cluster
If a collision with a detected vehicle or a detected person is imminent, a warning symbol appears on the instrument cluster and in the Head-up Display.
Display with prewarning
The respective icon lights up red: prewarning for vehicles that cross your driving direction.
Intervene yourself, for instance by braking.
Display with acute warning
The respective icon flashes red and an acoustic signal sounds: acute warning when vehicles cross your driving direction.
Brake and make an evasive maneuver, if necessary.
For example, a prewarning is displayed when a danger of collision with a crossing vehicle is detected.
If a prewarning is provided, respond by breaking as warranted.
Acute warning with braking function
An acute warning is displayed in the event of an immediate danger of collision with a crossing vehicle.
Intervene in the case of an acute warning. If an acute warning is provided, the system may provide assistance, such as through automatic brake intervention, when there is a risk of collision. Acute warnings may be provided even when there has been no prior warning.
View Full User Guide: BMW 8 Series Convertible 2022-2023 User Manual
Download Manuals: https://www.bmwusa.com/owners-manuals.html