BMW 8 Series Convertible 2022-2023 Entering the rear User Manual
Entering the rear
Fold the seat backrest forward
- Pull the loop.
- Fold the seat backrest forward.
For equipment specification with M sport seat:
- Pull the lever.
- Fold the seat backrest forward.
- To make entry to the rear easier, the seat will automatically move to the most forward position.
Push the seat backrest rearward
Push the seat backrest rearward and engage it. The seat moves automatically to the last seat position that was stored.
Buttons and functions
Depending on the country and equipment version, the radio has the following buttons.
Navigation destination input
Entering a destination via the search
- Press the button on the Controller.
- “Where to?”
- Enter at least two letters or characters. Select point of interest categories from the points of interest menu as needed. The search term may be completed automatically in orange lettering. Move the Controller up to accept the suggested search term.
- Select the icon, if needed. A list of the results is displayed.
- If necessary, “Filter”.
- “Show results”
- Select the desired entry.
- If necessary, “Start guidance”
Connecting a mobile phone
After the mobile phone is connected once to the vehicle, the mobile phone can be operated using iDrive and the steering wheel buttons.
Connecting the mobile phone via Bluetooth
- “Mobile devices”
- Tilt the Controller to the right.
- “New device” ” Phone calls and audio”
- The vehicle’s Bluetooth name is displayed on the Control Display. Compare the control number displayed on the Control Display with the control number on the display of the mobile device, and con‐firm that the two match.
- A Bluetooth connection is established.
- The mobile device is connected to the vehicle and displayed in the device list.
Using the telephone
Accepting a call
Depending on the equipment, incoming calls can be answered in several ways.
- Via iDrive:
- Or Press the corresponding button on the steering wheel.
- Via the selection list in the instrument cluster:
- Use the thumbwheel on the steering wheel to select: “Accept”
- Via touchscreen: tap on the corresponding entry on the Control Display.
Dialing a number
- If necessary, “Telephone”
- “Dial number:”
- Enter the numbers.
- Select the icon. The connection is established via the mobile phone to which this function has been assigned.
Establish the connection via the additional telephone:
- Press the button.
- “Call via”
Apple Car Play© preparation
Car Play allows certain functions of a compatible Apple iPhone to be used via Siri voice control and iDrive.
- Compatible with iPhone, iPhone 5 or later with iOS 7.1 or later.
- Corresponding mobile contract.
- If necessary, the setting for mobile data must be activated on the iPhone.
- Bluetooth, WLAN, and Siri voice control are activated on the iPhone.
- WLAN is activated on the vehicle.
Pairing the iPhone with Car Play
- “Mobile devices”
- “New device”
- “Phone calls and audio” The vehicle’s Bluetooth name is displayed on the Control Display.
- On the mobile device, search for Bluetooth devices in the vicinity and select the vehicle. A control number is displayed.
- Compare the control number displayed on the Control Display with the control number on the display of the mobile device, and confirm that the two match.
- “Use Apple CarPlay”
The iPhone is connected to the vehicle and displayed in the device list.
On the road
Drive readiness Turning on drive readiness
- Depress the brake pedal.
- Press the Start/Stop button.
Turning off drive-ready state
- Engage the selector lever position P with the vehicle stopped.
- Press the Start/Stop button. The engine is switched off.
- Set the parking brake.
Auto Start-Stop function
- The Auto Start/Stop function switches the engine off automatically while stationary to save fuel. The engine starts automatically under the following preconditions:
- By releasing the brake pedal.
- When Automatic Hold is activated: step on the accelerator pedal.
- Pull the switch.
- The LED on the switch and the indicator light in the instrument cluster is illuminated.
- With drive-ready state switched on:
Press the switch while stepping on the brake pedal or selector lever position P is set.
The LED and indicator lights turn off.
The parking brake is released.
The parking brake is automatically set if the vehicle is being held by Automatic Hold and the drive-ready state is switched off or the vehicle is exited.
Engaging selector lever position D, N, R.
- Gear position D.
- Neutral N.
R is the reverse.
With the driver’s safety belt fastened, briefly push the selector lever in the desired direction, past a resistance point, if needed. The selector lever returns to the center position in each case.
To prevent the vehicle from creeping after you select a gear position or reverse, maintain pressure on the brake pedal until you are ready to start.
A selector lever lock prevents the inadvertent shifting to selector lever position R or the inadvertent shifting from selector lever position P. Engage selector lever position R only when the vehicle is stationary.
Releasing the selector lever lock
Press the button.
Engage selector lever position P only when the vehicle is stationary.
Press button P.
View Full User Guide: BMW 8 Series Convertible 2022-2023 User Manual
Download Manuals: https://www.bmwusa.com/owners-manuals.html