BMW 8 Series Convertible 2022-2023 If equipped with Equipment Stop Assistant User Manual
If equipped with Equipment Stop Assistant
If the driver is no longer fit to drive, the Emergency Stop Assistant helps to safely bring the vehicle to a standstill.
The emergency stop function is not triggered automatically. The emergency stop function can only be triggered manually by the occupants.
When the system is activated, the vehicle is brought to a standstill in its own lane by use of lane guidance.
Depending on the equipment version and national market version, the system includes a lane change function.
With lane change function: on motorways or motorway-like roads, the system steers the vehicle to the side of the road or shoulder where possible. On other roads or under high traffic conditions, the vehicle is brought to a standstill on the actual road.
The function can be activated at speeds of approx. 6 mph/10 km/h up to approx.
155 mph/250 km/h.
With lane change function: lane changes are executed when the traffic situation allows.
Activating the emergency stop function
Pull the switch for the parking brake briefly to activate the emergency stop function.
- With lane change function: releasing the switch may trigger an automatic lane change.
- The system will take control of the vehicle for a maximum of 2 minutes.
- The hazard warning system is switched on.
- An emergency call is triggered.
Canceling the emergency stop function
The driver can cancel the emergency stop function by actively taking control of the vehicle throughout the entire process.
For instance, the emergency stop function will be canceled in the following situations:
- When steering.
- When blinking.
- When depressing the accelerator pedal.
- When switching off the hazard warning system.
- When canceling the Emergency Request.
- When switching the selector lever position at standstill.
- When the switch of the parking brake is pressed.
As soon as the vehicle is stationary, the system will carry out the following settings:
- The vehicle is secured against rolling away.
- The interior lights are switched on.
- The central locking system is unlocked.
Displays in the instrument cluster
Use the system only in the event of a driver failure.
The system cannot replace the driving performance of a driver who is fit to drive.
BMW Drive Recorder
The BMW Drive Recorder stores brief video recordings of the vehicle’s surroundings, e.g., to document surrounding traffic.
There are various ways for storing video recordings:
- Automatic storage of the recording.
- The function allows the documentation of the event of an accident.
- Manual storage of the recording.
- The function allows the documentation of traffic situations.
- The system records up to 20 seconds before and after the activation of the storage.
- Cameras of the assistance systems are used, for instance, Panorama View.
Additionally, the following parameters are stored for the trip:
Global Positioning System coordinates.
- Data protection
The permissibility of recording and using video recordings is contingent upon the statutory regulations of the country in which the system is to be used. The user is responsible for the use of the system and compliance with the respective regulations.
The manufacturer of the vehicle recommends confirming there are no statutory or regulatory constraints on the use of the system in your state or country prior to the initial use. In addition, the laws with respect to use of the system should be verified in regular intervals, especially when borders are frequently crossed.
Other drivers of the vehicle must be informed about the system. In addition, information about the system is required when handing off the vehicle.
- Functional requirements
- BMW Drive Recorder is activated.
- Recording type selected.
- Recording time selected.
View Full User Guide: BMW 8 Series Convertible 2022-2023 User Manual
Download Manuals: https://www.bmwusa.com/owners-manuals.html