BMW 8 Series Convertible 2022-2023 Installing User Manual
The wind deflector is located in a protective jacket in the cargo area.
- Take the wind deflector out of the protective jacket.
- Fully unfold the wind deflector so that the handle, arrow 1, folds down and locks the wind deflector.
- Open the rear side window, if necessary.
- Insert wind deflector from one side of the vehicle with the pins in the corresponding fixing points on the opposite side of the vehicle.
- To release the lock, fold the handle up and hold it.
- Press the wind deflector inwardly and up, arrow 1, to the extent that the wind deflector can be positioned in front of the fixing points on the installation side.
- Release the handle.
- Press the wind deflector downward, while inserting the pins in the corresponding fixing points, arrows 2.
- Press the wind deflector downward in the middle, until the handle engages, arrows 1.
- Grasp the inner framework of the wind deflector and fold it up, arrow 2.
- Fold the handle up to unlock the wind deflector.
- Proceed in reverse order to remove the wind deflector.
Seats, mirrors, and steering wheel
Vehicle features and options
This chapter describes all standard, country-specific, and optional features offered by the series. It also describes features and functions that are not necessarily available in your vehicle, e.g., due to the selected options or country versions. This also applies to safety-related functions and systems. When using these functions and systems, the applicable laws and regulations must be observed.
An ideal seat position that meets the needs of the occupants can make a vital contribution to relaxed, fatigue-free driving.
In the event of an accident, the correct seat position plays an important role. Follow the information in the following chapters.
- For seats, refer to page 116.
- For safety belts, refer to page 119.
- For head restraints, refer to page 121.
- Airbags, refer to page 181.
Seat setting while driving can lead to unexpected movements of the seat. Vehicle control could be lost. There is a risk of an accident. Only adjust the seat on the driver’s side when the vehicle is stationary.
With a backrest inclined too far to the rear, the protective effect of the safety belt can no longer be ensured. There is a risk of sliding under the safety belt in an accident. There is a risk of injury or danger to life. Adjust the seat prior to starting the trip. Adjust the backrest so that it is in the most upright position possible and do not adjust it again while driving.
There is a risk of jamming when moving the seats. There is a risk of injury or risk of damage to property. Make sure that the area of movement of the seat is clear prior to any adjustment.
Electrically adjustable seats
The seat setting for the driver’s seat is stored for the driver profile currently used. When a driver profile is selected, the stored position is called up automatically.
The current seat position can be stored using the memory function.
- Backrest width
- Forward/backward, height, seat tilt 3 Backrest tilt, head restraint
- Lumbar support
- Longitudinal direction
Press switch forward or backward.
Press the switch up or down.
Tilt switch up or down.
Tilt switch forward or backward.
Pull the lever at the front of the seat and push the thigh support forward or back.
The curvature of the seat backrest can be adjusted in a way that it supports the lumbar region of the spine. The lower back and the spine are supported for upright sitting position.
- Press the front/rear section of the button:
The curvature is increased/decreased.
- Press the upper/lower section of the button:
The curvature is shifted up/down.
It may not be possible to adjust the lumbar support at very high and very low temperatures.
View Full User Guide: BMW 8 Series Convertible 2022-2023 User Manual
Download Manuals: https://www.bmwusa.com/owners-manuals.html