BMW 8 Series Convertible 2022-2023 Launch Control User Manual
Launch Control enables optimum acceleration on roads with good traction under dry surrounding conditions.
The use of Launch Control causes premature component wear since this function represents a very heavy load for the vehicle. Do not use Launch Control during the break-in. Do not steer the steering wheel when driving off with Launch Control.
Breaking-in period, refer to page 302.
Launch Control is available when the engine is at operating temperature. The engine is at operating temperature after an uninterrupted trip of at least 6 miles/10 km.
Start with launch control
- Turn on drive readiness.
- Press the button.
- TRACTION is displayed in the instrument cluster and the indicator light for DSC OFF lights up.
- Engage selector lever position S.
- With the left foot, forcefully press down on the brake.
- Press and hold down the accelerator pedal beyond the resistance point at the full throttle position, and kick down.
A destination flag is displayed in the instrument cluster.
- The starting engine speed adjusts. Wait briefly until the engine speed is constant. Keep the accelerator pedal in this position.
- Release the brake within 3 seconds after the destination flag illuminates.
- The vehicle accelerates.
- Upshifting occurs automatically as long as the destination flag is displayed and the accelerator pedal is not released.
Repeated use during a trip
After Launch Control has been used, the transmission must cool down for approx. 5 minutes before Launch Control can be used again. Launch Control adjusts to the surrounding conditions when used again.
After using Launch Control
To increase driving stability, activate DSC Dynamic Stability Control again as soon as possible.
An experienced driver may be able to achieve better acceleration values in DSC OFF mode.
Vehicle features and options
This chapter describes all standard, country-specific, and optional features offered by the series. It also describes features and functions that are not necessarily available in your vehicle, e.g., due to the selected options or country versions. This also applies to safety-related functions and systems. When using these functions and systems, the applicable laws and regulations must be observed.
The instrument cluster is a variable display. When you change to a different program via Driving Dynamics Control, the displays in the instrument cluster adapt to the respective driving mode.
Depending on the vehicle equipment, it may be possible to deactivate the display change in the instrument cluster via drive. Some of the displays in the instrument cluster may differ from the illustrations in the Owner’s Manual.
- Fuel gauge 162
- Central display area 153
- Navigation display
- Depending on the equipment:
- Driver Attention Camera
- Tachometer 162
- Selection lists 168
- Trip odometer, see Trip data 169
- ECO PRO displays 307
- Power gauge 163
- Status, Driving Dynamics Control 138
- Transmission display 147
- Engine temperature 164
- Outside temperature 164
- Check Control 156
- Speed Limit Assistant 234
- Speed Limit Info 166 T
- time 61
Central display area
Depending on the equipment and configuration, the following is displayed in the central display area of the instrument cluster:
- Navigation displays such as the map view or, if destination guidance is active, a route pre‐view with route guidance information.
- Displays showing service notifications.
- Assisted Driving View. Information about the assist systems is displayed in an animated surrounding area of the vehicle.
Some displays in the central display area can be configured individually. The displays may vary depending on the equipment version and country variant.
Driving mode view
Depending on the equipment, if the driving mode view is activated, the displays in the instrument cluster will adapt to the respective driving mode when a program is changed via the Driving Dynamics Control.
- “Driving mode view”
Individual displays in the instrument cluster can be configured individually.
- “Instrument panel”
- Select the desired setting.
View Full User Guide: BMW 8 Series Convertible 2022-2023 User Manual
Download Manuals: https://www.bmwusa.com/owners-manuals.html