BMW 8 Series Convertible 2022-2023 Locking the vehicle User Manual
Locking the vehicle
Touch the grooved surface on the handle of a closed vehicle door with your finger for approx. 1 second without grasping the door handle.
Opening and closing the trunk lid with no-touch activation
The trunk lid can be opened and closed with no-touch activation using the vehicle key you are carrying.
Performing the foot movement
- Stand in the middle behind the vehicle at approx. one arm’s length away from the rear of the vehicle.
- Wave a foot under the vehicle in the driving direction and immediately pull it back. With this movement, the leg must pass through the ranges of both sensors.
- Unlock the vehicle and then press the button on the outer side of the trunk lid.
- Press and hold the button on the vehicle key for approx. 1 second.
Depending on the setting, the doors may also be unlocked.
Press the button on the inside of the trunk lid
The windows are lowered, the convertible top is closed, and the windows are raised again while the switch is being pulled.
Convertible top switch
Push the switch and hold it.
The windows roll down and the convertible top opens while the switch is being pushed.
Press the button on the inside of the trunk lid.
Displays, control elements
In the vicinity of the steering wheel
- Light switch element
- Turn signal indicator, high beams
- Instrument cluster
The indicator/warning lights can light up in a variety of combinations and colors.
Several of the lights are checked for proper functioning and light up temporarily when drive ready state is turned on.
- Power windows
- Central locking system
- Seats, comfort features
- Exterior mirrors
- Opening/closing trunk lid
- Selector lever/gearshift lever
- The parking brake, Automatic Hold
- Driving Dynamics Control
- Start/Stop button
- Assistance systems
iDrive is the operating concept of the infotainment system and includes a large number of functions.
Activating the voice control system
Press the button on the steering wheel.
Say the command.
Ending voice control
Press the button on the steering wheel or ›Cancel‹.
Set-up and use
Seats, mirrors, and steering wheel
Manually adjustable seats
- Longitudinal direction
- Thigh support
- Seat tilt
- Backrest width
- Lumbar support
- Backrest tilt
Electrically adjustable seats
- Backrest width
- Forward/backward, height, seat tilt 3 Backrest tilt, head restraint
- Lumbar support
Adjusting the head restraint
Adjusting the height: manual head restraints
Adjusting the height: electrical head restraints
Press switch up or down.
- Back: press the button and push the head restraint toward the rear.
- Forward: pull the head restraint toward the front.
After setting the distance, make sure that the head restraint engages correctly.
Adjusting the distance: M Sport seat
The distance to the back of the head is adjusted via the backrest tilt.
Adjusting the exterior mirrors
- Selecting a mirror, Automatic Curb Monitor 3 Folding in and out
Adjusting the steering wheel Manual steering wheel adjustment
- Fold the lever down.
- Move the steering wheel to the preferred height and angle to suit your seat position.
- Fold the lever back up.
The following settings can be stored and, if necessary, retrieved using the memory function:
- Seat position.
- Exterior mirror position.
- Height of the Head-up Display.
- Set the desired position.
- Press the button. The writing on the button lights up.
- Press the desired button 1 or 2 at the door while the writing is lit. A signal sounds.
Calling up settings
Press the desired button 1 or 2.
Buttons and functions
Depending on the country and equipment version, the radio has the following buttons.
View Full User Guide : BMW 8 Series Convertible 2022-2023 User Manual
Download Manuals: : https://www.bmwusa.com/owners-manuals.html