BMW 8 Series Convertible 2022-2023 Sensors User Manual
The system is controlled by the following sensors:
- Cameras behind the windshield.
- With radar sensor: front radar sensor. Additional information:
- For sensors of the vehicle, refer to page 37.
Turning on automatically
The system is automatically activated when the vehicle is turned on.
Switching on manually
Press the button.
The menu for the Intelligent Safety system is displayed.
If all Intelligent Safety systems were switched off, all systems are now switched on.
“Configure INDIVIDUAL”: depending on the equipment version, the Intelligent Safety systems can be individually configured. The individual settings are activated and stored. As soon as a setting is changed on the menu, all settings of the menu are activated.
Press the button repeatedly.
The following settings are switched between:
“ALL ON”: all Intelligent Safety systems are switched on. Basic settings are activated for the subfunctions.
“INDIVIDUAL”: the Intelligent Safety systems are switched on according to the individual settings.
Some Intelligent Safety systems cannot be individually switched off.
Manual switching off
Press and hold this button.
All Intelligent Safety systems are switched off.
Setting the warning time
- “Driver Assistance”
- “Safety and Warnings”
- “Forward Collision Mitigation”
- Select the desired setting:
- “Late”: only acute warnings are displayed.
Warning with braking function
A warning symbol appears in the instrument cluster and in the Head-up Display, where available if a collision with a detected vehicle is imminent.
This warning is provided, for instance when there is the impending danger of a collision or the distance to the vehicle ahead is too small.
If a prewarning is provided, respond by breaking as warranted.
Acute warning with braking function
An acute warning is displayed in case of the imminent danger of a collision when the vehicle approaches another object at a high differential speed.
Intervene in the case of an acute warning. Depending on the driving situation and the equipment version, the acute warning may be accompanied by a brief activation of the braking system. With the warning time setting “Late” the brief activation of the braking system is omitted.
If an acute warning is provided, the system may also provide assistance, such as through automatic brake intervention, when there is risk of collision.
Acute warnings may be provided even when there has been no prior warning.
- The warning prompts the driver to intervene. If a warning is active, the maximum braking force is used when the brake is applied. The brake pedal must be applied sufficiently quickly and forcefully.
- The system may also assist in braking if there is a risk of collision.
- When the vehicle is traveling at a low speed, the vehicle may come to a complete stop.
- City brake function: the brake intervention occurs to up to approx. 50 mph/80 km/h.
- With radar sensor: the brake intervention occurs to up to approx. 155 mph/250 km/h.
- At speeds above approx. 130 mph/210 km/h, the brake intervention occurs as a brief braking pressure. No automatic delay occurs.
- The brake intervention can be interrupted by stepping on the accelerator pedal or by actively moving the steering wheel.
- The system’s ability to detect objects may be limited in some circumstances. Refer to the information in this Owner’s Manual regarding the limitations of the system and actively intervene as warranted.
The system is designed to operate in certain conditions and circumstances. Due to conditions or other factors, the system may not respond. There may be a risk of accident or risk of damage to property. Actively intervene as warranted. Refer to the information in this Owner’s Manual regarding the scope of the system’s operation and limitations.
View Full User Guide: BMW 8 Series Convertible 2022-2023 User Manual
Download Manuals: https://www.bmwusa.com/owners-manuals.html