BMW 8 Series Convertible 2022-2023 Steptronic Transmission User Manual
Activate the Sport program/manual mode:
Press the selector lever to the left from selector lever position D.
- To shift down: press the selector lever forward.
- To shift up: pull the selector lever rearwards.
End the sports program/manual mode: Press the selector lever to the right.
Turn signal, high beams, headlight flasher
- Blinking: press the lever past the resistance point.
- Triple turn signal activation: lightly tap the lever up or down.
- Brief blinking: press the lever to the resistance point and hold it there for as long as you want the turn signal to blink.
High beams, headlight flasher
Press the lever forward or pull it backward.
- High beams on, arrow 1.
- The high beams light up when the low beams are switched on.
- High beams off/headlight flasher, arrow 2.
Lights and lighting
Window wiper system
Turn on the window wiper system
Press the lever up until the desired position is reached.
- Resting position of the wipers: position 0.
- Rain sensor: position 1.
- Normal wiper speed: position 2.
- Fast wiper speed: position 3.
Turn off the window wiper system and flick the wipe
Press the lever down.
- Turn off: press the lever down until it reaches the 0 positions.
- Flick wipe: press the lever down from the 0 positions.
Activate/deactivate the rain sensor
- Activate: press the lever up once from its 0 positions, arrow 1.
- Deactivate: press the lever back into the 0 positions.
Adjusting the rain sensor sensitivity
Turn the thumbwheel on the wiper lever.
Cleaning the windshield
Pull the lever.
Automatic climate control
- To open the fuel filler flap, press on the rear
- Turn the fuel cap counterclockwise.
- Place the fuel cap in the bracket attached to the fuel filler flap.
For the best fuel efficiency, the gasoline should be sulfur-free or very low in sulfur content.
Fuels that are marked on the gas pump as containing metal must not be used.
Wheels and tires
Tire pressure specifications
The tire inflation pressure specifications can be found in the tire inflation pressure table in the printed Owner’s Manual.
After correcting the tire pressure With run-flat tires:
Reinitialize the Flat Tire Monitor.
With Tire Pressure Monitor:
The corrected tire inflation pressures are applied automatically. Make sure that the correct tire settings have been made.
With tires that cannot be found in the tire pressure values on the Control Display, reset the Tire Pressure Monitor TPM.
Checking the tire pressure
Regularly check the tire inflation pressure and correct it as needed:
- At least twice a month.
- Before embarking on an extended trip.
Cleaning the wheels
The friction during hard braking may produce brake dust and make the rims dirty. Brake dust can be removed by cleaning the rims. BMW recommends using vehicle care and cleaning products from BMW.
Electronic oil measurement
A current measured value is available after approx. 30 minutes of normal driving.
Displaying the engine oil level
- “Vehicle status”
- “Engine oil level”
Different messages appear on the Control Display depending on the engine oil level. Pay attention to these messages.
Adding engine oil
Safely park the vehicle and switch off the drive-ready state before adding engine oil.
Adding engine oil
Only add engine oil when the message is displayed in the instrument cluster.
Observe the quantity to be added in the message.
Take care not to add too much engine oil. Observe recommended engine oil types.
Hazard warning flashers
The button is located in the center console.
BMW Roadside Assistance
- “Installed apps”
- “BMW Assist”
- If necessary, “BMW Roadside Assistance” A voice connection is established.
The BMW Assist Concierge service offers information on events, filling stations or hotels, and provides phone numbers and addresses. Many hotels can be booked directly by the BMW Concierge service. The Concierge service is part of the optional BMW Assist Response Center.
- “BMW Assist”
- If necessary, select the entry for the Concierge Service.
A voice connection to the Concierge service is established.
Teleservices are services that help to maintain vehicle mobility.
Teleservices can comprise the following services:
- BMW Roadside Assistance.
- BMW Accident Assistance.
- Teleservice Call.
- Teleservice Report.
- Teleservice Battery Guard.
- Your dealer’s service center.
View Full User Guide: BMW 8 Series Convertible 2022-2023 User Manual