Cadillac CT5 2023 Exterior Lighting User Guide
Exterior Lamp ControlsThe exterior lamp control is on the turn signal lever. Turn the control to the following positions:
- Turns the exterior lamps off and deactivate the AUTO mode. Turn to O again to reactivate the AUTO mode. In Canada, the headlamps will automatically reactivate when the vehicle is shifted out of P (Park).
- AUTO: Automatically turns the exterior lamps on and off, depending on outside lighting.
- Turns on the parking lamps including all lamps, except the headlamps. Turns on the headlamps together with the parking lamps and instrument panel lights.
If equipped, this system turns the vehicle’s high-beam headlamps on and off according
to surrounding traffic conditions. The system turns the high-beam headlamps on when it is dark enough and there is no other traffic present. This light becomes on in the instrument cluster when the IntellBeam system is enabled.
Turning On and Enabling IntellBeamTo to enable the IntellBeam system, press bon the turn signal lever when it is dark outside and the exterior lamp control is in AUTO or 2.
Driving with IntellBeam
The system only activates the high beams when driving over 40 km/h (25 mph). The blue high-beam on light appears on the instrument cluster when the high beams are on. There is a sensor near the top center of the windshield that automatically controls the system. Keep this area of the windshield clear of debris to allow for best system performance. The high-beam headlamps remain on, under automatic control, until one of the following situations occurs:
- The system detects an approaching vehicle’s headlamps.
- The system detects a preceding vehicle’s taillamps.
- The outside light is bright enough that high-beam headlamps are not required.
- The vehicle’s speed drops below 20 km/h (12 mph).
- The IntellBeam system is disabled by the button on the turn signal lever. If this happens, press on the turn signal lever when the exterior lamp control is in the AUTO or 2 position to reactivate the IntellBeam system. The instrument cluster light will come on to indicate the
The intellBeam system is reactivated. The high beams may not turn off automatically if the system cannot detect another vehicle’s lamps because of any of the following:
- The other vehicle’s lamps are missing, damaged, obstructed from view, or otherwise undetected.
- The other vehicle’s lamps are covered with dirt, snow, and/or road spray.
- The other vehicle’s lamps cannot be detected due to dense exhaust, smoke, fog, snow, road spray, mist, or other airborne obstructions.
- The vehicle’s windshield is dirty, cracked, or obstructed by something that blocks the view of the light sensor.
- The vehicle is loaded such that the front end points upward, causing the light sensor to aim high and not detect headlamps and taillamps.
- The vehicle is being driven on winding or hilly roads. The automatic high-beam headlamps may need to be disabled if any of the above conditions exist.
Exterior Lamps Off Reminder
A warning chime sounds if the driver door is opened while the ignition is off and the exterior lamps are on.
Headlamp High/Low-Beam Changer
- Push the turn signal lever away from you and release, to turn the high beams on. To return to low beams, push the lever again or pull it toward you and release.
This indicator light turns on in the instrument cluster when the high-beam headlamps are on.
To flash the high beams, pull the turn signal lever toward you, and release.
Daytime Running Lamps (DRL)
DRL can make it easier for others to see the front of your vehicle during the day. Fully functional DRL are required on all vehicles first sold in Canada. If equipped, the DRL will come on when all of the following conditions are met:
- The ignition is on.
- The exterior lamp control is in AUTO.
- The light sensor determines it is daytime.
The DRL turn off when the headlamps are turned to O or the ignition is off. For vehicles first sold in Canada, the DRL can only be turned off when the vehicle is parked.
Automatic Headlamp System
When the exterior lamp control is set to AUTO and it is dark enough outside, the headlamps come on automatically.
If equipped, the light sensor is on top of the instrument panel or on the windshield near
the rearview mirror. Do not cover the sensor, otherwise the headlamps will come on when they are not needed. The system may also turn on the headlamps when driving through a parking garage or tunnel. If the vehicle is started in a dark garage, the automatic headlamp system comes on immediately. If it is light outside when the vehicle leaves the garage, there is a slight delay before the automatic headlamp system turns off the headlamps. During that delay, the instrument cluster may not be as bright as usual. Make sure the instrument panel brightness control is in the full bright position. See Instrument Panel Illumination Control 0 126.When it is bright enough outside, the headlamps will turn off. The automatic headlamp system turns off when the exterior lamp control is turned to O or the ignition is off. For vehicles sold in Canada, this control only works when the transmission is in P (Park).
Lights On with Wipers
If the windshield wipers are activated in daylight with the engine on, and the exterior lamp control is in AUTO, the headlamps, parking lamps, and other exterior lamps come on. The transition time for the lamps coming on varies based on wiper speed. When the wipers are not operating, these lamps turn off. Move the exterior lamp control to O or ;to disable this feature.
Hazard Warning Flashers
- Press this button to make the front and rear turn signal lamps flash on and off. Release the button for at least one second and press again to turn the flashers off. The hazard warning flashers turn on automatically if the airbags deploy.
Turn and Lane-Change Signals
Move the lever all the way up or down to signal a turn. An arrow on the instrument cluster flashes in the direction of the turn or lane change. Raise or lower the lever until the arrow starts to flash to signal a lane change. Hold it there until the lane change is completed. If the lever is briefly pressed and released, the turn signal flashes three times. The turn and lane change signal can be turned off manually by moving the lever back to its original position. If after signaling a turn or lane change, the arrow flashes rapidly or does not come on, a signal function may be inoperative. This vehicle may be equipped with LED lighting. For replacement of any LED lighting, contact your dealer.
If equipped with cornering lamps, they automatically come on when all of the following occur:
- The low-beam headlamps are on.
- The turn signals are activated or the steering wheel is at a turning angle. The vehicle speed is below 40 km/h (25 mph).
Instrument Panel Illumination Control
This feature adjusts the brightness of all illuminated controls.
- Move the thumbwheel up or down to brighten or dim the lights.
- The thumbwheel is functional at night, or when the headlamps or parking lamps are ON.
The courtesy lamps come on when any door is opened, K on the remote key is pressed, or when the vehicle is turned off. See Dome Lamps 0 126.
The dome lamp controls are in the overhead
console. The dome lamps come on when any door is opened, K on the remote key is pressed,or when the vehicle is turned off.
To operate, press the following buttons:
OFF : Press to turn off the dome lamps. An indicator light on the button will turn on when the dome lamp override is activated. Press OFF again to deactivate this feature and the indicator light will turn off.
ON/OFF : Press to turn the dome lamps on or off manually.
There are front and rear reading lamps on the overhead console and over the rear passenger doors. These lamps come on when any door is opened, K on the remote key is pressed, or when the vehicle is turned off.
Front Reading Lamps
The front reading lamps are on the overhead console. Press the lamp lenses to manually turn on or off the front reading lamps.
Rear Reading Lamps
The rear reading lamps are over the rear passenger doors.
Press the lamp lenses to manually turn on or off the rear reading lamps.
Cadillac Top Accessories
[amalinkspro_table id=”32446″ new-window=”on” nofollow=”on” addtocart=”off” /]
View Full User Guide: Cadillac CT5 2023 User Guide
Download Manuals: https://www.cadillac.com/support/vehicle/manuals-guides