KTM 250 EXC TPI 2022
The KTM 250 EXC TPI 2022 is an off-road motorcycle introduced by KTM, an Austrian motorcycle brand. It belongs to the EXC lineup, which is specifically designed for enduro riding and competition. The 250 EXC TPI stands out for its advanced fuel injection technology, providing improved performance, fuel efficiency, and reduced emissions.
The 2022 KTM 250 EXC TPI is powered by a 249cc, single-cylinder, 2-stroke engine with fuel injection. The TPI (Transfer Port Injection) system precisely injects fuel into the engine’s transfer ports, enhancing throttle response and overall engine performance. This technology eliminates the need for a carburetor, resulting in smoother power delivery and improved fuel efficiency compared to traditional carbureted engines.
The motorcycle features a lightweight and durable chromoly steel frame designed for optimal handling and stability. It incorporates high-quality suspension components, including a WP XPLOR front fork and a WP XPLOR PDS rear shock absorber. These components offer excellent damping and adjustability to tackle a variety of off-road terrains.
The braking system of the KTM 250 EXC TPI 2022 consists of high-performance Brembo hydraulic disc brakes. These brakes provide reliable stopping power and precise control in demanding off-road conditions.
In terms of ergonomics, the KTM 250 EXC TPI is designed to provide a comfortable and controlled riding experience. It features a slim and maneuverable design, allowing riders to navigate through tight trails and obstacles easily. The seat is designed for comfort during longer rides, and the handlebars are positioned for optimal control and leverage.
As an enduro motorcycle, the KTM 250 EXC TPI 2022 is equipped with off-road-specific features. These may include a skid plate to protect the engine and frame from rocks and debris, handguards to shield the rider’s hands, a larger capacity fuel tank for extended riding range, and a headlight and taillight for legal and safe riding on public roads.
It’s important to note that while the information provided here is based on the general specifications and features of the KTM 250 EXC TPI 2022 model, it is always recommended to consult the official documentation or reach out to KTM or their authorized dealers for the most accurate and up-to-date information regarding specifications, features, and availability.
PREPARING FOR USE
When using your motorcycle, remember that others may feel disturbed by excessive noise.
- Make sure that the pre-delivery inspection work has been carried out by an authorized KTM workshop.
You receive a delivery certificate and the Service and Warranty Booklet at vehicle handover.
- Before your first trip, read the entire operating instructions carefully.
- Get to know the controls.
- Adjust the basic position of the clutch lever. ( p. 73) (All EXC models)
- Adjust the free travel of the hand brake lever. ( p. 77) (All XC-W models)
- Adjust the basic position of the hand brake lever. ( p. 77)
- Adjust the basic position of the foot brake lever. ( p. 81)
- Adjust the basic position of the shift lever. ( p. 105)
- Get used to handling the motorcycle on a suitable piece of land before making a longer trip.
When offroad, being accompanied by another person on another vehicle so that you can help each other is recommended.
- Try also to ride as slowly as possible and in a standing position to get a better feeling for the vehicle.
- Do not make any offroad trips that over-stress your ability and experience.
Various information and warning labels are attached in prominent locations on the product described. Do not remove any information or warning labels. If they are missing, you or others may not recognize the dangers and may therefore be injured.
Degrees of risk and symbols
Identifies a danger that will immediately and invariably lead to fatal or serious permanent injury if the appropriate measures are not taken.
Identifies a danger that is likely to lead to fatal or serious injury if the appropriate measures are not taken.
Identifies a danger that may lead to minor injuries if the appropriate measures are not taken.
Identifies a danger that will lead to considerable machine and material damage if the appropriate measures are not taken.
Indicates a danger that will lead to environmental damage if the appropriate measures are not taken.
Tampering with the noise control system is prohibited. Federal law prohibits the following acts or the causing thereof:
- The removal or rendering inoperative by any person other than for purposes of servicing, repair, or replacement, of any device or element of design incorporated into any new vehicle for the purpose of noise control prior to its sale or delivery to the ultimate purchaser or while it is in use, or 2 the use of the vehicle after such device or element of design has been removed or rendered inoperative by any person.
Among those acts presumed to constitute tampering are the acts listed below:
- Removal or puncturing of the main silencers, baffles, header pipes or any other components which conduct
- Removal or puncturing of parts of the intake system.
- Lack of proper maintenance.
- Replacing moving parts of the vehicle, or parts of the exhaust system or intake system, with parts other than
those specified by the manufacturer.
The danger of accidents A rider who is not fit to ride poses a danger to him or herself and others.
- Do not operate the vehicle if you are not fit to ride due to alcohol, drugs, or medication.
- Do not operate the vehicle if you are physically or mentally impaired.
The danger of poisoning Exhaust gases are toxic and inhaling them may result in unconsciousness and death.
- Always make sure there is sufficient ventilation when running the engine.
- Use effective exhaust extraction when starting or running the engine in an enclosed space.
The danger of burns Some vehicle components become very hot when the vehicle is operated.
- Do not touch any parts such as the exhaust system, radiator, engine, shock absorber, or brake system
before the vehicle parts have cooled down.
- Let the vehicle parts cool down before you perform any work on the vehicle.
Only operate the vehicle when it is in perfect technical condition, in accordance with its intended use, and in a safe and environmentally compatible manner. The vehicle should only be used by trained persons. An appropriate driver’s license is needed to drive the vehicle on public roads. Have malfunctions that impair safety are promptly eliminated by an authorized KTM workshop. Adhere to the information and warning labels on the vehicle.
Risk of injury Missing or poor protective clothing presents an increased safety risk.
- Wear appropriate protective clothing such as helmets, boots, gloves as well as trousers, and a jacket with protectors on all rides. Always wear protective clothing that is in good condition and meets the legal regulations. In the interest of your own safety, KTM recommends that you only operate the vehicle while wearing protective clothing.
Unless specified otherwise, the ignition must be turned off during all work (models with the ignition lock, models with remote key) or the engine must be at a standstill (models without ignition lock or remote key). Special tools are necessary for certain tasks. The tools are not a component of the vehicle but can be ordered using the number in parentheses.
Example: bearing puller (15112017000) During assembly, use new parts to replace parts that cannot be reused (e.g. self-locking screws and nuts, expansion screws, seals, sealing rings, O-rings, pins, and lock washers). In the case of certain screws, a screw adhesive (e.g. Loctite®) is required. Observe the manufacturer’s instructions. If a thread locker (e.g., Precote®) has already been applied to a new part, do not apply any additional thread locker. After disassembly, clean the parts that are to be reused and check them for damage and wear. Change damaged or worn parts. After completing a repair or service work, check the operating safety of the vehicle.
If you use your motorcycle responsibly, you can ensure that problems and conflicts do not occur. To protect the future of the motorcycle sport, make sure that you use your motorcycle legally, display environmental consciousness, and respect the rights of others. When disposing of used oil, other operating and auxiliary fluids, and used components, comply with the laws and regulations of the respective country. Because motorcycles are not subject to the EU regulations governing the disposal of used vehicles, there are no legal regulations that pertain to the disposal of an end-of-life motorcycle. Your authorized KTM dealer will be glad to advise you.
Read this owner’s manual carefully and completely before making your first trip. The Owner’s Manual contains useful information and many tips on how to operate, handle, and service your motorcycle. This is the only way to find out how best to customize the vehicle for your own use and how you can protect yourself from injury. Tip Store the Owner’s Manual on your terminal device, for example, so that you can read it whenever you need to. If you would like to know more about the vehicle or have questions on the material you read, please contact an authorized KTM dealer. The Owner’s Manual is an important component of the vehicle. If the vehicle is sold, the Owner’s Manual must be downloaded again by the new owner. The Owner’s Manual can be downloaded several times using the QR code or the link on the delivery certificate. The Owner’s Manual is also available for download from your authorized KTM dealer and on the KTM website. A printed copy can also be ordered from your authorized KTM dealer.
International KTM Website: KTM.COM
Download Link: https://www.ktm.com/en-us/service/manuals.html