Toyota Highlander Hybrid 2021 User Manual
The Toyota Highlander Hybrid 2021 is a mid-size hybrid SUV that blends the Highlander’s roominess and versatility with hybrid technology’s fuel efficiency and low impact on the environment. It has a comfortable and well-equipped cabin, high-tech safety features, and great gas mileage. In terms of appearance, the 2021 Highlander Hybrid looks a lot like the regular Highlander, but it has some hybrid-specific features. It looks sleek and modern from the outside, with a big front hood and cool LED headlights. The Hybrid model is different from the ones that aren’t hybrid because it has logos and design features that show it is a hybrid model. The Highlander Hybrid has a roomy and well-equipped trunk. Depending on how it is set up, it can easily seat up to eight people. The seats are comfortable and supportive, and both front and back riders have plenty of legroom and headroom. The SUV also has a lot of room for cargo, and the back seats can be folded down to make more space.
The Highlander Hybrid is driven by a hybrid powertrain that combines a 2.5-liter four-cylinder engine with several electric motors. This combination gives you a good balance between power and fuel economy. The hybrid engine is usually paired with an electronically controlled continuously variable gearbox (ECVT) that maximises power delivery and efficiency. The Highlander Hybrid gets great gas mileage for its class, so drivers can save money on gas and lessen their impact on the environment. When it comes to safety, the Highlander Hybrid has a lot of high-tech features. It usually comes with Toyota Safety Sense 2.5+, which includes things like a pre-collision system with pedestrian detection, lane departure alert with steering aid, adaptive cruise control, and automatic high beams. Together, these safety devices make the driver and other people in the car safer. The Highlander Hybrid has a lot of current technology and ways to connect to the internet. It usually comes with a touchscreen infotainment system that has features like Apple CarPlay, Android Auto, Bluetooth connection, and available navigation. On better trims, you can get extra features like a panoramic sunroof, a premium sound system, and a rear-seat entertainment system. Overall, the Toyota Highlander Hybrid 2021 is a good choice for people who want a mid-size SUV that gets good gas mileage and is good for the environment. With its spacious and comfortable interior, advanced safety features, and impressive fuel economy, the Highlander Hybrid provides a reliable and eco-conscious driving experience. The Highlander Hybrid is made for drivers who want a versatile vehicle that is also good for the environment. It can be used for daily commutes, road trips with the family, or outdoor activities.
To prevent key damage
- Do not drop the keys, subject them to strong shocks or bend them.
- Do not expose the keys to high temperatures for long periods of time.
- Do not get the keys wet or wash them in an ultrasonic washer, etc.
- Do not attach metallic or magnetic materials to the keys or place the keys close to such materials.
- Do not disassemble the keys.
- Do not attach a sticker or anything else to the surface of the electronic key.
- Do not place the keys near objects that produce magnetic fields, such as TVs, audio systems and induction cookers.
- Do not place the keys near medical electrical equipment such as low-frequency therapy equipment or microwave therapy equipment, and do not receive medical attention with the keys on your person.
Carrying the electronic key on your person
Carry the electronic key 3.9 in. (10 cm) or more away from electronic appliances that are turned on. Radio waves emitted from electric appliances within 3.9 in. (10 cm) of the electronic key may interfere with the key, causing the key to not function properly.
In case of a smart key system malfunction or other key-related problems
When an electronic key is lost
Wireless remote control
The electronic keys are equipped with the following wireless remote control:
- Locks the doors (P.131)
- Unlocks the doors (P.131)
- Opens the windows*1 and moon roof*1, 2 (P.131)
- Opens and closes the power back door (P.137)
- Sounds the alarm
*1:These settings must be customized at your Toyota dealer.
Theft-deterrent panic mode
When is pressed for longer than about one second, an alarm will sound intermittent and the vehicle lights will flash to deter any person from trying to break into or damage your vehicle. To stop the alarm, press any button on the electronic key.
Using the Mechanical Key
To take out the mechanical key, slide the release button and take the key out. The mechanical key can only be inserted in one direction, as the key only has grooves on one side. If the key cannot be inserted in a lock cylinder, turn it over and re-attempt to insert it. After using the mechanical key, store it in the electronic key. Carry the mechanical key together with the electronic key. If the electronic key battery is depleted or the entry function does not operate properly, you will need the mechanical key.
- When required to leave the vehicle’s key with a parking attendant
Lock the glove box as circumstances demand. (P.366) Remove the mechanical key for your own use and provide the attendant with the electronic key only.
- If you lose your mechanical keys
- If the wrong key is used
The key cylinder rotates freely, isolated from the internal mechanism.
The vehicle can be locked and unlocked using the entry function, wireless remote control or door lock switches. Unlocking and locking the doors from the outside
- Smart key system
Carry the electronic key to enable this function.
- Grip the driver’s door handle to unlock the door. Holding the driver’s door handle for approximately 2 seconds unlocks all the doors. Grip the front passenger’s door handle to unlock all the doors.* Make sure to touch the sensor on the back of the handle. The doors cannot be unlocked for 3 seconds after the doors are locked.
: The door unlock settings can be changed.
- 2 Touch the lock sensor (the indentation on the upper part of the front door handle) to lock all the doors. Check that the door is securely locked.
- Wireless remote control
Download Manual: https://www.toyota.com/owners/resources/warranty-owners-manuals