Chevrolet Blazer 2023 Global Positioning System (GPS) User Guide
Global Positioning System (GPS)
If equipped, the position of the vehicle is determined by using satellite signals, various vehicle signals, and map data.
At times, other interference such as the satellite condition, road configuration, condition of the vehicle, and/or other circumstances can affect the navigation system’s ability to determine the accurate position of the vehicle. The GPS shows the current position of the vehicle using signals sent by GPS satellites.
When the vehicle is not receiving signals from the satellites, a symbol appears in the status bar.
This system might not be available or interference can occur if any of the following are true:
- Signals are obstructed by tall buildings, trees, large trucks, or a tunnel.
- Satellites are being repaired or improved.
For more information if the GPS is not functioning properly, see Problems with Route Guidance 0 148 and If the System Needs Service 0 149.
At times, the position of the vehicle on the map could be inaccurate due to one or more
- The road system has changed.
- The vehicle is driving on slippery road surfaces such as sand, gravel, or snow.
- The vehicle is traveling on winding roads or long, straight roads.
- The vehicle is approaching a tall building or a large vehicle.
- The surface streets run parallel to a freeway.
- The vehicle has been transferred by a vehicle carrier or a ferry.
- The current position calibration is set incorrectly.
- The vehicle is traveling at high speed. . The vehicle changes directions more than once, or the vehicle is turning on a turn table in a parking lot.
- The vehicle is entering and/or exiting a parking lot, garage, or a lot with a roof. The GPS signal is not received.
- A roof carrier is installed on the vehicle. Tire chains are installed on the vehicle. The tires are replaced or worn.
- The tire pressure for the tires is incorrect.
- This is the first navigation use after the map data is updated.
- The 12-volt battery has been disconnected for several days.
- The vehicle is driving in heavy traffic where driving is at low speeds, and the vehicle is stopped and started repeatedly.
Problems with Route Guidance
Inappropriate route guidance can occur under one or more of the following conditions:
- The turn was not made on the road indicated.
- Route guidance might not be available when using automatic rerouting for the next right or left turn.
- The route might not be changed when using automatic rerouting.
- There is no route guidance when turning at an intersection.
- Plural names of places might be announced occasionally.
- It could take a long time to operate automatic rerouting during high-speed driving.
- Automatic rerouting might display a router turning to the set waypoint if heading for a destination without passing through a set waypoint.
- The route prohibits the entry of a vehicle due to a regulation by time or season or
any other regulation which may be given.
- Some routes might not be searched.
- The route to the destination might not be shown if there are new roads, if roads have recently changed, or if certain roads are not listed in the map data. See Maps 0 141.
To recalibrate the vehicle’s position on the map, park with the vehicle running for two to five minutes, until the vehicle position updates. Make sure the vehicle is parked in a location that is safe and has a clear view of the sky and away from large obstructions. If the System Needs Service If the navigation system needs service, see your dealer.
Map Data Updates
The map data in the vehicle is the most up-to-date information available when the vehicle was produced. The map data is updated periodically, provided that the map information has changed and the vehicle has a relevant service plan.
See www.gmnavdisc.com for details on ordering, purchasing, and installing a new or replacement SD card. Features are subject to change. For more information on this feature, visit your brand website. See Online Account 0 331 for details. If the vehicle is equipped with Connected Navigation, which is a subscription service that enables certain features of the navigation system, such as Traffic, Smart Search/Routing, and Predictive Navigation, then the system will download the latest map data from the cloud.
Database Coverage Explanations
Coverage areas vary with respect to the level of map detail available for any given area. Some areas feature greater levels of detail than others. If this happens, it does not mean there is a problem with the system. As the map data is updated, more detail can become available for areas that previously had limited detail. See Map Data Updates 0 149.
If equipped, voice recognition allows for hands-free operation within the navigation, audio, phone, and weather applications. This feature can be started by pressing g on the steering wheel or touching g on the infotainment display. However, not all features within these areas are supported by voice commands.
Generally, only complex tasks that require multiple manual interactions to complete are supported by voice commands.
For example, tasks that take more than one or two touches, such as a song or artist to play from a media device, would be supported by voice commands. Other tasks, like adjusting the volume or seeking up or down, are audio features that are easily performed by touching one or two options, and are not supported by voice commands. In general there are flexible ways to speak commands for completing the tasks.
If your language supports it, try stating a one-shot command, such as “Directions to address <number, street, city, state/ province>.”
Do not include the ZIP code
while stating the address during the command. Another example of a one-shot Destination Entry command is, “Directions to Place of Interest at <hotel>.” If these commands do not work, try saying, “Take me to Place of Interest” or “Find address” and the system will walk you through by asking additional questions.
Hybrid Speech Recognition
If equipped, this feature helps distinguish words by using Internet-based information along with the system’s voice recognition database. This allows you to speak more naturally when using voice recognition.
Chevrolet Blazer 2023 Top Accessories
[amalinkspro_table id=”32452″ new-window=”on” nofollow=”on” addtocart=”off” /]
View Full User Guide: Chevrolet Blazer 2023 User Guide
Download Manuals: https://www.chevrolet.com/support/vehicle/manuals-guides