Chevrolet Bolt EUV 2023 Door Locks User Guide
Unlocked doors can be dangerous.
- Passengers, especially children, can easily open the doors and fall out of a moving vehicle. The doors can be unlocked and opened while the vehicle is moving. The chance of being thrown out of the vehicle in a crash is increased if the doors are not locked. So, all passengers should wear seat belts properly and the doors should be locked whenever the vehicle is driven.
- Young children who get into unlocked vehicles may be unable to get out.
A child can be overcome by extreme heat and can suffer permanent injuries or even death from heat stroke. Always lock the vehicle whenever leaving it.
- Outsiders can easily enter through an unlocked door when you slow down or stop the vehicle. Locking the doors can help prevent this from happening.
To lock or unlock the doors from outside the vehicle:
- Use the key in the driver’s door to lock and unlock the door without the remote key. The key cylinder is covered with a cap. See “Driver Door Key Lock Cylinder Access (In Case of Dead Battery)” later in this section.
- Press or on the remote key to lock and unlock the doors.
To lock or unlock the doors from inside the vehicle:
- Press or on the power door lock switch.
- Pull the door handle. Pulling an interior door handle will unlock the door. Pulling the door handle again unlatches it.
The remote key must be within 1 m (3 ft) of the liftgate or door being opened. Press the button on the door handle to open. See “Keyless Access Operation” in Remote Key Operation 0 7.
Driver Door Key Lock Cylinder Access (In Case of Dead Battery)
To access the driver door key lock cylinder:
- Insert the key into the slot on the bottom of the cap.
- Lift the key upward to remove the cap.
- Insert the key into the cylinder and turn to unlock
To replace the cap:
- Position the bottom edge of the cap under the lower edge of the metal piece (2). The tabs (3) attach to the metal piece (2) at the positions (1).
- Rotate the cap upward and install it into place.
- Check that the cap is secure.
The door key lock cylinder turns freely when either the wrong key is used, or the correct key is not fully inserted. The free-turning
door lock feature prevents the lock from being forced open. To reset the lock, turn it to the vertical position with the correct key fully inserted. Remove the key and insert it again. If this does not reset the lock, turn the key halfway around in the cylinder and repeat the reset procedure.
Chevrolet Bolt EUV 2023 Top Accessories
[amalinkspro_table id=”32452″ new-window=”on” nofollow=”on” addtocart=”off” /]
Power Door Locks
Press to unlock the doors.
Press to lock the doors.
Locking and unlocking the doors will also unlock the liftgate. See Liftgate 0 18.
This feature delays the actual locking of the doors until five seconds after all doors are closed. Delayed locking can only be turned on when the Unlocked Door Anti Lockout feature has been turned off.
Press on the power door lock switch with the door open.
The doors will then lock automatically five seconds after all doors are closed. If a door is reopened before five seconds have elapsed, the five-second timer will reset once all the doors are closed again.
Press on the door lock switch again or
press on the remote key to override this feature and lock the doors immediately.
Delayed locking can be programmed. To view available settings for this feature, touch the Settings icon on the infotainment home page. Select “Vehicle” to display the list of available options and select “Power Door Locks”.
Automatic Door Locks
The doors will lock automatically when all doors are closed, the vehicle is on, and the shift switch is out of P (Park).
If a vehicle door is unlocked and then opened and closed, the doors will lock either when your foot is removed from the brake or the vehicle speed becomes faster than 13 km/h (8 mph).
To unlock the doors:
- Press K on a door.
- Shift the vehicle into P (Park).
Automatic door unlocking can be programmed. To view available settings for this feature, touch the Settings icon on the infotainment home page. Select “Vehicle” to display the list of available options and select “Power Door Locks”.
If the vehicle is on and the power door lock switch is pressed with the driver door open, all the doors will lock and only the driver door will unlock.
If the vehicle is off and locking is requested while a door is open when all doors are closed the vehicle will check for RKE transmitters inside. If an RKE transmitter is detected and the number of RKE transmitters inside has not reduced, the driver door will unlock and the horn will chirp three times. Lockout Protection can be manually overridden with the driver door open by pressing and holding on the power door lock switch.
If Unlocked Door Anti Lockout is turned on and the vehicle is off, the driver door is open, and locking is requested, all the doors will lock and only the driver door will unlock. The Unlocked Door Anti Lockout feature can be turned on or off. To view available settings from the infotainment screen, touch Settings > Vehicle > Power Door Locks.
If equipped, the safety lock is on the inside edge of the rear doors.
To use the safety lock:
- Move the lever forward to the lock position.
- Close the door.
- Do the same for the other rear door.
To open a rear door when the safety lock is on:
- Unlock the door by using the inside handle, the power door lock switch, or the Remote Keyless Entry (RKE) transmitter.
- Open the door from the outside.
When the safety lock is enabled, adults and older children will not be able to open the rear door from the inside. Cancel the safety locks to enable the doors to open from the inside.
To cancel the safety lock:
- Unlock the door and open it from the outside.
- Move the lever rearward to unlock. Do the same for the other door.
View Full User Guide: Chevrolet Bolt EUV 2023 User
Download Manuals: https://www.chevrolet.com/support/vehicle/manuals-guides