Chevrolet Bolt EUV 2023 Lap-Shoulder Belt User Guide
All seating positions in the vehicle have a lap-shoulder belt. The following instructions explain how to wear a lap-shoulder belt properly.
- Adjust the seat, if the seat is adjustable, so you can sit up straight. To see how, see “Seats” in the Index.
- Pick up the latch plate and pull the belt across you. Do not let it get twisted. The lap-shoulder belt may lock if you pull the belt across you very quickly. If this happens, let the belt go back slightly to unlock it. Then pull the belt across you more slowly .If the shoulder portion of a passenger belt is pulled out all the way, the child restraint locking feature may be engaged. See Child Restraint Systems 0 57. If this occurs, let the belt go back all the way and start again. If the locking feature stays engaged after letting the belt go back to stowed position on the seat, move the seat rearward or recline the seat until the shoulder belt retractor lock releases. Engaging the child restraint locking feature in the front outboard seating position may affect the passenger sensing system. See Passenger Sensing System 0 48.
- Push the latch plate into the buckle until it clicks. Pull up on the latch plate to make sure it is secure. If the belt is not long enough, see Seat Belt Extender 0 41. Position the release button on the buckle so that the seat belt could be quickly unbuckled if necessary.
- If equipped with a shoulder belt height adjuster, move it to the height that is right for you. See “Shoulder Belt Height Adjuster” later in this section for instructions on use and important safety information.
- To make the lap part tight, pull up on the shoulder belt.
To unlatch the belt, push the button on the buckle. The belt should return to its stowed position. Always stow the seat belt slowly. If the seat
belt webbing returns quickly to the stowed position, the retractor may lock and cannot be pulled out. If this happens, pull the seat belt straight out firmly to unlock the webbing, and then release it. If the webbing is still locked in the retractor, see your dealer Before a door is closed, be sure the belt is out of the way. If a door is slammed against a seat belt, damage can occur to both the seat belt and the vehicle.
Shoulder Belt Height Adjuster
The vehicle has a shoulder belt height adjuster for the driver and front outboard passenger seating positions. Adjust the height so the shoulder portion of the belt is on the shoulder and not falling off of it. The belt should be close to, but not contacting, the neck. Improper shoulder belt height adjustment could reduce the effectiveness of the seat belt in a crash. See How to Wear Seat Belts Properly 0 37.
Press and hold the release button while raising or lowering the height adjuster to the desired position. After the height adjuster is set to the the desired position, try to move it down without pressing the release button to make sure it has locked into position.
Chevrolet Bolt EUV 2023 Top Accessories
[amalinkspro_table id=”32452″ new-window=”on” nofollow=”on” addtocart=”off” /]
Seat Belt Pretensioners
This vehicle has seat belt pretensioners for the front outboard occupants. Although the seat belt pretensioners cannot be seen, they are part of the seat belt assembly. They can help tighten the seat belts during the early stages of a moderate to severe frontal, near frontal, or rear crash if the threshold conditions for pretensioner activation are met. Seat belt pretensioners can also help tighten the seat belts in a side crash or a rollover event. Pretensioners work only once. If the pretensioners activate in a crash, the pretensioners and probably other parts of the vehicle’s seat belt system will need to be replaced. See Replacing Seat Belt System Parts after a Crash 0 42. Do not sit on the outboard seat belt while entering or exiting the vehicle or at any time while sitting in the seat. Sitting on the seat belt can damage the webbing and hardware.
Rear Seat Belt Comfort Guides
Rear seat belt comfort guides may provide added seat belt comfort for older children who have outgrown booster seats and for some adults. When installed on a shoulder belt, the comfort guide positions the shoulder belt away from the neck and head. Comfort guides are available through your dealer for the rear outboard seating positions. Instructions are included with the guides.
Seat Belt Use During Pregnancy
Seat belts work for everyone, including pregnant women. Like all occupants, they are more likely to be seriously injured if they do not wear seat belts.
A pregnant woman should wear a lap-shoulder belt, and the lap portion should be worn as low as possible, below the rounding, throughout the pregnancy. The best way to protect the fetus is to protect the mother. When a seat belt is worn properly, it is more likely that the fetus will not be hurt in a crash. For pregnant women, as for anyone, the key to making seat belts effective is wearing them properly.
Seat Belt Extender
If the vehicle’s seat belt will fasten around you, you should use it. But if a seat belt is not long enough, your dealer will order you an extender. Only a GM dealer-issued extender should be used. When you go in to order it, take the heaviest coat you will wear, so the extender will be long enough for you. To help avoid personal injury, do not let someone else use it, and use it only for the seat it is made to fit. The extender has been designed for adults. Never use it for securing child restraints. For more information on the proper use and fit of the seat belt extenders see the instruction sheet that comes with the extender.
Safety System Check
Periodically check the seat belt reminder, seat belts, buckles, latch plates, retractors, shoulder belt height adjusters (if equipped), and seat belt anchorages to make sure they are all in working order. Look for any other loose or damaged seat belt system parts that might keep a seat belt system from performing properly. See your dealer to have it repaired. Torn, frayed, or twisted seat belts may not protect you in a crash. Torn or frayed seat belts can rip apart under impact forces. If a belt is torn or frayed, have it replaced immediately. If a belt is twisted, it may be possible to untwist by reversing the latch plate on the webbing. If the twist cannot be corrected, ask your dealer to fix it. Make sure the seat belt reminder light is working. See Seat Belt Reminders 0 86. Keep seat belts clean and dry. See Seat Belt Care 0 42.
View Full User Guide: Chevrolet Bolt EUV 2023 User
Download Manuals: https://www.chevrolet.com/support/vehicle/manuals-guides