Jayco Embark 2023 Starting the Generator User Manual
Starting the Generator
Your motor home has a touchscreen to control the generator and manual switches located in the door area. There is a secondary switch located on the generator itself. An hour meter that keeps track of generator hours used is located on the touchscreen and a separate hour meter on the generator.
To Manually Start the Generator
- At either “START/STOP” switch, press and hold the start portion of the switch to start the generator. Depending on the outside temperature the start process can take up to 15 seconds. Once the generator starts running, release the switch.
- An LED above the start switch will light when the generator is running.
- For better performance and engine life, especially in colder weather, let the generator engine warm up for two minutes before turning “ON” 120-volt appliances.
For more information on generator operation and maintenance, refer to the manufacturer’s owner’s manual.
Automatic Generator Start (AGS)
Your motor home models is equipped with an Automatic Generator Start system (AGS). The controls are built into the touchscreen system. When enabled, the Automatic Generator Start system will automatically start and stop the generator according to operator or factory pre-selected parameters.
Refer to the AGS Start section or the Touch Screen User Guide (in your warranty packet) will give detailed instructions on the Automatic Generator Start.
Generator Slide Tray
The generator is mounted on a slide tray below the windshield at the front of the motor home. You must release this sliding tray before pulling it open to access the generator and components in the tray.
To maintain the adjustment of the generator door, pull on the bottom instead of the sides or top of the door.
To access the generator slide tray:
- Open the fuse compartment directly under the driver’s side window.
- Pull the “T” handle inside the compartment to release the generator slide tray.
- Pull on the bottom front of the generator slide.
- To close the generator slide tray, push the slide tray back in until it locks.
- NOTE: Do not use the generator slide tray for storage. For additional information, contact your dealer or Customer Service.
For additional information, contact your dealer or Customer Service.
Adding additional solar panels or equipment will affect the carrying capacity of the motor home. Vehicle weight ratings should be considered before adding these components.
Solar panels produce 12-volt DC electricity when exposed to sunlight. The energy produced by the solar panels is used to charge the house auxiliary and chassis batteries.
The controller is capable of charging two battery banks – house and chassis. A status LED indicates the connectivity of batteries. Battery charging and operating parameters are adjusted using the Firefly Vega touch touchscreen. Refer to the manufacturer’s operation manual in your warranty packet for more detailed information.
Clean the solar panel upper surface regularly using a soft cloth or sponge with water and a mild detergent. Do not use harsh chemicals or abrasive brushes that might damage the panels’ upper translucent surface. For additional information, refer to the manufacturer’s manuals for the controller and monitor.
Automotive fuels can cause serious injury or death if misused or mishandled. If you have further questions, consult your dealer or Customer Service for assistance.
- Always shut OFF the vehicle engine while refueling.
- Do not bring or store fuel or other flammable liquids inside the motor home as a fire or explosion may result.
- Before refueling, extinguish all smoking materials and any open flames.
- Before refueling, always turn OFF all spark-producing appliances (i.e., water heaters, furnaces, etc.).
- Do not overfill the fuel tank(s). The pressure in an overfilled fuel tank may cause leakage and lead to fuel spray and/or fire.
- Fuel spills represent a serious fire hazard, and should be cleaned up immediately.
- Never restart an engine or re-light any pilot lights while raw fuel is present.
FAILURE TO COMPLY COULD RESULT IN FIRE, DEATH OR SERIOUS INJURY
Some generators are fueled by the same system used to fuel the chassis engine. Check the generator manufacturer and the chassis manufacturer information to help determine the type of fuel best suited for this dual application.
Fuel Filler Cap
Do not replace the fuel fill cap with one of a different type. Only use a cap specified for your motor home. The use of a substitute cap may create excessive fuel system pressure, resulting in fuel station damage and improper operation in a collision. Remove the fuel fill cap by slowly turning it counterclockwise, waiting for any “hiss” noise to stop, and then unscrew the cap all the way. To close the fuel fill cap, securely turn the cap clockwise until you hear clicking sounds.
Filling the fuel tank
All pilot lights, appliances, and their igniters (see operating instructions) should be turned off before refueling of motor fuel tanks. These can cause the ignition of flammable vapors, which can lead to a fire or explosion.
FAILURE TO COMPLY COULD RESULT IN FIRE, DEATH, OR SERIOUS INJURY.
Use care when fueling your motor home. If you spill fuel on the motor home, clean it up immediately. Fuel can dull or soften paint and damage other surfaces.
[amalinkspro_table id=”32452″ new-window=”on” no follow=”on” addtocart=”off” /]
View Full User Guide: Jayco Embark 2023 User Manual
Download Manuals: https://www.jayco.com/manuals