Honda Civic Hatchback 2022 Accessories User Manual
When installing accessories, check the following:
- Do not install accessories on the windshield. They can obstruct your view and delay your reaction to driving conditions.
- Do not install any accessories over areas marked SRS AIRBAG, on the sides or backs of the front seats, on the sides of the rear seats, on front or side pillars, or near the side windows.
- Accessories installed in these areas may interfere with the proper operation of the vehicle’s airbags or may be propelled into you or another occupant if the airbags deploy.
- Be sure electronic accessories do not overload electrical circuits or interfere with the proper operation of your vehicle.
- Fuses P. 714. Before installing any electronic accessory, have the installer contact a dealer for assistance.
- If possible, have a dealer inspect the final installation.
Improper accessories or modifications can affect your vehicle’s handling, stability, and performance, and cause a crash in which you can be seriously hurt or killed. Follow all instructions in this owner’s manual regarding accessories and modifications. Honda Genuine accessories are recommended to ensure proper operation on your vehicle.
Do not modify your vehicle in a manner that may affect its handling, stability, or reliability, or install non-genuine Honda parts or accessories that may have a similar effect. Even minor modifications to vehicle systems can affect overall vehicle performance. Always make sure all equipment is properly installed and maintained, and do not make any modifications to your vehicle or its systems that might cause your vehicle to no longer meet federal, state, province, territory, and local regulations. The onboard diagnostic port (OBD-II/SAE J1962 connector) installed on this vehicle is intended to be used with automobile system diagnostic devices or with other devices that Honda has approved. Use of any other type of device may adversely affect the vehicle’s electronic systems or allow them to be compromised, possibly resulting in a system malfunction, drained battery, or other unexpected problems. Do not modify or attempt to repair any of the electrical components.
Types of Tools
The tools are stored in the cargo area.
If a Tire Goes Flat
Changing a Flat Tire
If a tire goes flat while driving, grasp the steering wheel firmly, and brake gradually to reduce speed. Then, stop in a safe place. Replace the flat tire with a compact spare tire. Go to a dealer as soon as possible to have the full-size tire repaired or replaced.
- Park the vehicle on a firm, level, non-slippery surface and apply the parking brake.
Continuously variable transmission models
- Put the transmission into (P.
Manual transmission models
- Put the transmission into (R.
- Turn on the hazard warning lights and set the power mode to VEHICLE OFF.
Follow compact spare precautions:
Periodically check the tire pressure of the compact spare. It should be set to the specified pressure. Specified Pressure: 60 psi (420 kPa, 4.2 kgf/cm2) When driving with the compact spare tire, keep the vehicle speed under 50 mph (80 km/h). Replace with a full-size tire as soon as possible. The compact spare tire and wheel in your vehicle are specifically for this model. Do not use them with another vehicle. Do not use another type of compact spare tire or wheel with your vehicle. Do not mount tire chains on a compact spare tire. If a chain-mounted front tire goes flat, remove one of the full-size rear tires and replace it with the compact spare tire. Remove the flat front tire and replace it with the full-size tire that was removed from the rear. Mount the tire chains on the front tire.
Do not use the jack if it doesn’t work properly. Call your dealer or a professional towing service.
Getting Ready to Replace the Flat Tire
- Pull the strap on the floor lid and open the lid.
- Take the tool case out of the cargo area.
- Take the jack, wheel nut wrench, and jack handle bar out of the tool case.
- Unscrew the wing bolt, and remove the spacer cone. Then, remove the spare tire.
- Place a wheel block or rock in front and rear of the wheel diagonal to the flat tire.
- Place the compact spare tire (wheel side up). under the vehicle body, near the tire that needs to be replaced.
- Loosen each wheel nut about one turn using the wheel nut wrench.
Honda Civic 2023 Top Accessories
[amalinkspro_table id=”32452″ new-window=”on” nofollow=”on” addtocart=”off” /]
View Full User Guide: Honda Civic Hatchback 2022 User Manual
Download Manuals: https://owners.honda.com/vehicle-information/manuals