Honda Civic Hatchback 2022 Canceling Traffic Jam Assist User Manual
Canceling Traffic Jam Assist
Press the Lane Keeping Assist System (LKAS) button to cancel Traffic Jam Assist.
Traffic Jam Assist may be automatically suspended when:
The system is automatically temporarily canceled under the following circumstances.
- The system fails to detect lane lines.
- The steering wheel is turned sharply.
- You fail to steer the vehicle.
- You are driving through a sharp curve.
- The brake pedal is depressed.
Once these conditions no longer exist, Traffic Jam Assist automatically resumes.
Traffic Jam Assist may be automatically canceled when:
The traffic lane lines will disappear from the screen, the beeper may sound, and Traffic Jam Assist will be canceled under the following circumstances:
- The temperature of the camera is too high.
- The camera behind the rearview mirror, or the area around the camera, including the windshield, is dirty.
You are traveling over 45mph (72km/h). u When the speed of the vehicle reaches 45mph
(72km/h), Traffic Jam Assist is deactivated and LKAS is activated instead. Once the speed of the vehicle drops to under 40 mph (64 km/h), Traffic Jam Assist is reactivated.
Traffic Jam Assist Conditions and Limitations
The system may not detect lane markings and therefore may not keep the vehicle in the middle of the lane under certain conditions, including the following:
- There is little contrast between lane lines and the roadway surface.
- Driving in bad weather (rain, fog, snow, etc.).
- Driving on a snowy or wet roadway.
- Driving into low sunlight (e.g., at dawn or dusk).
- Shadows of adjacent objects (trees, buildings, guard rails, vehicles, etc.) are parallel to white (or yellow) lines.
- Sudden changes between light and dark, such as the entrance or exit of a tunnel or the shadows of trees, buildings, etc.
- Driving at night or in a dark place such as a tunnel (due to low-light conditions, lane lines or the road surface may not be illuminated).
- When the lane lines or road surface are not visible, such as when the distance to the vehicle in front of you is extremely short or when at an intersection.
- Strong light is reflected onto the roadway.
- Driving on a road with temporary lane markings.
- Faint, multiple, or varied lane markings are visible on the roadway due to road repairs or old lane markings.
- The roadway has merging, split, or crossing lines, such as at an intersection or crosswalk.
- The lane markings are extremely narrow, wide, or changing.
- Part of the lane markings are hidden by an object, such as a vehicle.
- The road is hilly or the vehicle is approaching the crest of a hill.
- Your vehicle is strongly shaken on uneven road surfaces.
- When objects on the road (curb, guard rail, pylons, etc.) are recognized as white (or yellow) lines.
- Driving on rough or unpaved roads, or over bumpy surfaces.
- Driving on roads with double lane lines.
- Driving on snowy or slippery roads.
- The pavement is only partially visible due to snow or puddles on the road.
- There is a film of water or puddles on the road surface.
- White (or yellow) lines are not recognized correctly due to road conditions such as curves, twists, or hills.
- Driving on unpaved or rutted roads.
- Passing through an exit or an interchange.
- When lighting is weak due to dirt covering the headlight lenses, or there is poor visibility in a dark place due to the headlights being improperly adjusted.
- The front of the camera is covered by dirt, fog, rain, mud, wet snow, seals, accessories, stickers, or film on the windshield.
- Driving at night or in a dark place (e.g., a tunnel) with the headlights off.
- There is residue on the windshield from the windshield wipers.
- An abnormal tire or wheel condition (incorrect sizes, varied sizes or construction, improperly inflated, compact spare tire, etc.).
- The vehicle is tilted due to a heavy load in the cargo area or rear seats.
- The suspension has been modified.
- Tire chains are installed.
Honda Civic 2023 Top Accessories
[amalinkspro_table id=”32452″ new-window=”on” nofollow=”on” addtocart=”off” /]
View Full User Guide: Honda Civic Hatchback 2022 User Manual
Download Manuals: https://owners.honda.com/vehicle-information/manuals