Honda Civic Hatchback 2022 In Case of Emergency User Manual
In Case of Emergency
If your vehicle’s airbags deploy or if the unit detects that the vehicle is severely impacted, your vehicle automatically will attempt to connect to the HondaLink operator. If connected, information about your vehicle, its location, and its condition can be sent to the operator*1; you also can speak to the operator when connected.IMPORTANT
Honda reserves the right to terminate HondaLink Assist services at any time or for any reason, and in the future may not be able to provide services due to changes in, or obsolescence of, technology integral to the service or changes in governmental regulation.
Depending on your phone and adequate cellular coverage, your vehicle’s location may not be sent to the operator.
- Your vehicle may not be able to connect to the operator if the battery level is low, the line is disconnected, or you do not have adequate cellular coverage.
You cannot use this emergency service when:
- You travel outside the HondaLink service coverage areas.
- There is a problem with the connecting devices, such as the microphones, speakers, or the unit itself.
You cannot operate other phone-related functions using the screen while talking to the operator. Select Hang Up to terminate the connection to your vehicle. If the unit fails to connect to the operator, it repeatedly tries until it succeeds.
To enable notification
- Go to the phone settings screen.
- Phone settings screen P. 424
- Select HondaLink Assist.
- Select Yes or No.
- Yes: Notification is available.
- No: Disable the feature.
Models with 9-in. Color Touchscreen
- When it is time to refuel the vehicle, a notification is displayed and a notification icon is displayed in the header.
- Touch the box that contains the icon.
- Select Find Gas Station Now.
- Choose a gas station from the search screen of the navigation system.
For instructions on how to use the navigation system, refer to the navigation system manual.
You can turn the Refuel Recommend function on and off. Customized Features P. 374
When you turn off this feature, the refuel recommends notification will not display. This feature can only be used when the gas tank fuel level is below 30 percent.
If you select Find Gas Station Now or put more than 5 liters of gasoline into the gas tank, the notification for refueling will disappear. If you prefer not to be notified, select OFF in the settings for Refuel Recommend. When you drive on a rough road or ascend or descend a hill for an extended period of time, the notification may disappear or may not be displayed at all.
Check the following items before you start driving.
- Make sure there are no obstructions on the windows, door mirrors, exterior lights, or other parts of the vehicle.
- Remove any frost, snow, or ice.
- Remove any snow on the roof, as this can slip down and obstruct your field of vision while driving. If frozen solid, remove ice once it has softened.
- When removing ice from around the wheels, be sure not to damage the wheel or wheel components.
- Make sure the hood is securely closed.
- If the hood opens while driving, your front view will be blocked.
- Make sure the tires are in good condition.
Check air pressures, and check for damage and excessive wear.
- Make sure the tires are in good condition.
- Checking and Maintaining Tires P. 668
- Make sure there are no people or objects behind or around the vehicle.
- There are blind spots from the inside.
When doors are frozen shut, use warm water around the door edges to melt any ice. Do not try to force them open, as this can damage the rubber trim around the doors. When done, wipe dry to avoid further freezing. Do not pour warm water into the key cylinder. You will be unable to insert the key if the water freezes in the hole.
The heat from the engine and exhaust can ignite flammable materials left under the hood, causing a fire. If you’ve parked your vehicle for an extended period, inspect and remove any debris that may have been collected, such as dried grass and leaves that have fallen or have been carried in for use as a nest by a small animal. Also, check under the hood for leftover flammable materials after you or someone else has performed maintenance on your vehicle.
Honda Civic 2023 Top Accessories
[amalinkspro_table id=”32452″ new-window=”on” nofollow=”on” addtocart=”off” /]
View Full User Guide: Honda Civic Hatchback 2022 User Manual
Download Manuals: https://owners.honda.com/vehicle-information/manuals