Mercedes-Benz E-CLASS SEDAN 2023 At a Glance
The 2023 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan delivers a tasteful combination of protection and elegance. It is a model of contemporary automotive design and safety. Its elegant and sophisticated exterior design exudes luxury, and its numerous safety features—such as cutting-edge driver-assist systems and sturdy construction—guarantee the best possible protection for its occupants. This model is a great option for people looking for a car that excels in both elegance and security because it not only satisfies Mercedes-Benz’s high aesthetic standards but also represents their commitment to safety.
- Steering wheel paddle shifters
- Combination switch
- Instrument display
- DIRECT SELECT lever
- Media display
- Start/stop button
- Calls up MBUX multimedia system applications
- Climate control systems
- Glove box
- Hazard warning light system
- Stowage space
- Controller for volume and switching sound on/off
- Switches the MBUX multimedia system on/off
- Rear-window roller sunblind
- ECO start/stop function
- Active Parking Assist
- Sets the vehicle level
- DYNAMIC SELECT switch
- PASSENGER AIR BAG indicator lamps
- Control panel for the MBUX multimedia system
- Adjusts the steering wheel manually
- Adjusts the steering wheel electrically
- Switches the steering wheel heater on/off
- Control panel:
- On-board computer
- Cruise control
- Active Distance Assist DISTRONIC
- Diagnostics connection
- Opens the hood
- Electric parking brake
- Light switch
Indicator and warning lamps
- Turn signal lights
- Restraint system
- ESP® OFF ESP®
- Rear fog light
- High beam
- Low beam
- Standing lights
- Coolant temperature
- Coolant temperature display
- Electric parking brake (yellow)
- Recuperative Brake System, USA only
- Brakes (yellow), Canada only
- Electrical malfunction
- Distance warning
- Electric power steering
- Tire pressure monitoring system
- Reserve fuel with fuel filler flap location
- Fuel level
- Electric parking brake (red)
- USA only
- Canada only
- Brakes (red)
- USA only
- Canada only
- Seat belt K
- Engine diagnostics
Overhead control panel
- Sun visors
- Switches the left-hand reading lamp on/off
- Switches the automatic interior lighting control on/off
- SOS button
- Switches the front interior lighting on/off me button
- Switches the rear interior lighting on/off
- Switches the right-hand reading lamp on/off
- Eyeglasses compartment A 3 Opens/closes the panorama roof with power tilt/sliding panel → 82
- Opens/closes the roller sunblind
- Inside rearview mirror
Door operating unit and seat adjustment
- Adjusts the seats electrically
- Switches the seat heating on/off
- Switches the seat ventilation on/off
- Locks/unlocks the vehicle
- Opens/closes the trunk lid
- Operates the outside mirrors
- Opens/closes the right side window
- Opens/closes the rear right side window
- Child safety lock for the rear side windows
- Opens/closes the rear left side window
- Opens/closes the left side window
- Opens the door
- Operates the memory function
- Adjusts the head restraints
- Configuring the seat settings
- Adjusting the seat fore-and-aft position
- Adjusts the 4-way lumbar support
- Adjusting the seat backrest inclination
- Adjusts the seat height
Emergencies and breakdowns
- B-pillar with:
- QR code for accessing the rescue card
- Safety vests me button G SOS button
- To check and top up operating fluids
- Tow-starting or towing away
- Flat tire
- Hazard warning light system
- Fuel filler flap with:
- Information label on fuel type
- Information label on tire pressure QR code for accessing the rescue card
- TIRE FIT kit
- Tow-starting or towing away
- First-aid kit (soft-sided)
- Warning triangle
Calling up the Digital Operator’s Manual
Multimedia systemThe Digital Operator’s Manual describes the functions and operation of the vehicle and the multimedia system.
Select one of the following menu items in the following:
Digital Operator’s Manual:
Search: Search for keywords in order to find quick answers to questions about the operation of the vehicle.
Quick start: here is where you find the first steps toward setting up your vehicle.
Tips: find information that prepares you for certain everyday situations with your vehicle.
Animations: watch animations of the vehicle functions.
Messages: receive additional information about the messages on the Instrument Display
Bookmarks: gain access to your personally saved bookmarks.
Language: select the language for the Digital Operator’s Manual.
- Adds bookmarks
- Contents section
- Directions of movement of contents section 6 Menu Some sections in the Digital Operator’s Manual, such as warning notes, can be expanded and collapsed. Additional methods of calling up the Digital Operator’s Manual:
Direct access: open the required content in the Digital Operator’s Manual by pressing and holding an entry on the tab bar in the multimedia system:
Instrument Display: call up brief information as display messages in the instrument cluster Voice Control System: call up via the voice control system For safety reasons, the Digital Operator’s Manual is deactivated while driving.
Protection of the Environment
Environmental damage due to operating conditions and personal driving style. The pollutant emission of the vehicle is directly related to the way you operate the vehicle. Operate your vehicle in an environmentally responsible manner to help protect the environment. Please observe the following recommendations on operating conditions and personal driving style.
- Make sure that the tire pressure is correct.
- Do not carry any unnecessary weight(e.g. roof luggage racks once you no longer need them).
- Adhere to the service intervals. A regularly serviced vehicle will contribute to environmental protection.# Always have maintenance work carried out at a qualified specialist workshop.
Personal driving style:
- Do not depress the accelerator pedal when starting the engine.
- Do not warm up the vehicle while stationary.
- Drive carefully and maintain a suitable distance from the vehicle in front.
- Avoid frequent, sudden acceleration and braking.
- Change gear in good time and use each gear only up to Ô of its maximum engine speed.
- Switch off the vehicle in stationary traffic, e.g. by using the ECO start/stop function.
- Drive in a fuel-efficient manner
- Observe the ECO display for an economical driving style.
Environmental issues and recommendations:
It is recommended that you reuse or recycle materials instead of just disposing of them. The relevant environmental guidelines and regulations serve to protect the environment and must be strictly observed.
Mercedes Benz Genuine Parts
- Environmental damage due to not using recycled reconditioned components Mercedes Benz AG offers recycled reconditioned components and parts with the same quality as new parts. The same entitlement from the Limited Warranty is valid for new parts.
- Use recycled reconditioned components and parts from Mercedes Benz AG.
Impairment of the operating efficiency of the restraint systems from installing accessory parts or from repairs or welding Airbags and Emergency Tensioning Devices, as well as control units and sensors for the restraint systems, may be installed in the following areas of your vehicle:
- door pillars
- instrument display
- center console
- lateral roof frame
- Do not install accessory parts such as audio systems in these areas.
- Do not carry out repairs or welding.
- Have accessories retrofitted at a qualified specialist workshop?
You could jeopardize the operating safety of your vehicle if you use parts, tires, and wheels as well as accessories relevant to safety that have not been approved by Mercedes-Benz. Safety critical systems (e.g. the brake system) may malfunction. Use only Mercedes-Benz Genuine Parts or parts of equal quality. Use only tires, wheels, and accessory parts that have been specifically approved for your vehicle model. Mercedes-Benz Genuine Parts are subject to strict quality inspections. Each part has been specially developed, manufactured, or selected for Mercedes-Benz vehicles and adapted to them. Therefore, only Mercedes-Benz Genuine Parts should be used. More than 300,000 different Mercedes-Benz Genuine Parts are available for Mercedes-Benz models. All authorized Mercedes Benz Service Centers maintain a supply of Mercedes Benz Genuine Parts for necessary service and repair work. In addition, strategically located parts delivery centers provide quick and reliable parts service. Always specify the vehicle identification number (VIN) (/ page 348) when ordering Mercedes-Benz Genuine Parts.
This Operator’s Manual and the Digital Operator’s Manual in the vehicle describe the following models and the standard and special equipment for your vehicle:
- The models and the standard and special equipment available at the time this Operator’s Manual going to be pressed.
- The models and the standard and special
equipment are only available in certain countries.
- The models and the standard and special equipment will only be available at a later date. Note that your vehicle may not have all the features described. This is also the case for systems relevant to safety. Therefore, the equipment on your vehicle may differ from that in the descriptions and illustrations.
The original purchase agreement for your vehicle contains a list of the equipment in your vehicle at the time of delivery. Should you have any questions concerning equipment and operation, please consult an authorized Mercedes Benz Center. % Please bear in mind that all the speed values stated in this Operator’s Manual are approximate and are subject to a certain tolerance. The Operator’s Manual, Supplement, further supplementary documents, and Maintenance Booklet are important documents and should be kept in the vehicle.
Mercedes me app
You can also activate various functions (on-demand feature) subsequently via Mercedes Me after purchasing your vehicle. Information is available at any authorized Mercedes-Benz Service Center.
Activating the on-demand feature using Mercedes me
- The vehicle has a wireless connection.
- The vehicle is linked to the Mercedes Me user account.
Ordering and activating on-demand feature
- Add the desired on-demand feature for the vehicle to the shopping basket in the Mercedes Me Store.
- Complete the order. The on-demand feature is activated when operating the vehicle.
- Speeding up activation
- Switch the vehicle off and lock it.
- Unlock the vehicle after about two minutes and switch it on the vehicle.
The on-demand feature has been activated. For some features, a notification also appears in the vehicle’s multimedia system.
- If the activation is not successful, repeat the process.
Service and vehicle operation
When you are abroad with your vehicle, observe the following points:
- service points or replacement parts may not be available immediately.
- unleaded fuel may not be available for vehicles with a catalytic converter. Leaded fuel may cause damage to the catalytic converter.
- the fuel may have an extremely low octane number. Unsuitable fuel can cause engine damage. Some Mercedes Benz models are available in Europe through our European Delivery Program. For more information, please consult an authorized Mercedes‑Benz Service Center, or write to one of the following addresses: in the USA: Mercedes-Benz USA, LLC European Delivery Department One Mercedes-Benz Drive Sandy Springs, GA 30328
Mercedes-Benz Canada, Inc. European Delivery Department 98 Vander hoof Avenue Toronto, Ontario M4G 4C9
Your customer advisor confirms the service in the service report.
The Mercedes Benz Roadside Assistance Program offers technical help in the case of a breakdown. Your calls to the toll-free Roadside Assistance Hotline are answered by our agents 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. 1-800-FOR-Mercedes (1-800-367-6372) (USA) 1-800-387-0100 (Canada) You can find further information in the Mercedes-Benz Roadside Assistance Program brochure (USA) or the “Roadside Assistance” section in the Service and Warranty booklet (Canada). You will find both in the vehicle document wallet.
Change of address or change of ownership
In the event of a change of address, please send us the “Notification of address change” in the Service and Guarantee booklet or simply call the Mercedes Benz Customer Assistance Center (USA) on the hotline number 1-800-FOR-MERCedes (1-800-367-6372) or Customer Service (Canada) on 1-800-387-0100. We can then reach you in a timely fashion, if necessary. If you sell your Mercedes, please leave all literature in the vehicle so that it is available to the next owner. If you have purchased a used vehicle, please send us the “Notice of Purchase of Used Car” in the Service and Guarantee booklet or simply call the Mercedes-Benz Customer Assistance Center (USA) at the hotline number1-800-FOR-MERCedes (1-800-367-6372) or Customer Service (Canada) at 1-800-387-0100.
Possible danger due to substances hazardous to health
In compliance with Proposition 65 (“Prop65”), the following detachable label has been added to each vehicle sold in California
Risk of accident due to malfunctions or system failures If you do not have the prescribed service/ maintenance work or any required repairs car General notes 23ried out, this could result in malfunctions or system failures.
- Always have the prescribed service and maintenance work or any required repairs carried out in a qualified specialist workshop.
Risk of accident or injury due to incorrect modifications on electronic component parts Modification of electronic components, their software or wiring could impair their function and/or the function of other networked component parts or safety-relevant systems. This can endanger the operating safety of the vehicle.
- Never tamper with the wiring and electronic component parts or their software.
- You should have all work on electrical and electronic components carried out at a qualified specialist workshop. Observe the “On-board electronics” section in “Technical data”.
Risk of fire caused by flammable material on hot exhaust system components Flammable material such as leaves, grass or twigs may ignite if they come into contact with hot parts of the exhaust system.
- When driving on an unpaved road or off-road, check the vehicle’s underside regularly.
- In particular, remove trapped plant parts or other flammable material.
- If there is damage, consult a qualified specialist workshop immediately.
- Damage to the vehicle due to driving too fast and due to impacts to the vehicle underbody or suspension component in the following situations, in particular, there is a risk of damage to the vehicle:
- The vehicle becomes grounded, e.g. on a high curb or an unpaved road
- The vehicle is driven too fast over an obstacle, e.g. a curb, speed bump or pothole
- A heavy object strikes the underbody or suspension components In situations such as these, damage to the body, underbody, suspension components, wheels or tires may not be visible. Components damaged in this way can unexpectedly fail or, in the case of an accident, may no longer absorb the resulting force as intended.
- If the underbody paneling is damaged, flammable materials such as leaves, grass or twigs can collect between the underbody and the ignite if they come into contact with hot parts of the exhaust system.
- Have the vehicle checked and repaired immediately at a qualified specialist workshop.
- If driving safety is impaired while continuing your journey, pull over and stop the vehicle immediately while paying attention to road and traffic conditions, and contact a qualified specialist workshop.
Vehicles with a 48 V onboard electrical system
DANGER Risk of fatal injury by touching damaged high voltage components Vehicles with a 48 V onboard electrical system contain individual high-voltage components. These high-voltage components are under high voltage.
- If you modify component parts of these high voltage components or touch damaged component parts, you may be electrocuted.
- High voltage components may be damaged in an accident, although the damage may not be visible.
- Never perform modifications to component parts of high voltage components.
- Never touch damaged component parts of high-voltage components.
- Never touch component parts of high voltage components after an accident.
Vehicles with a 48 V onboard electrical system contain high-voltage components. These components are marked with a high-voltage label:
All work on high-voltage components must be carried out at a qualified specialist workshop.
It features a sensual and sculptural cabin design with all-LED exterior lighting.
Features include Active Brake Assist, ATTENTION ASSIST, Blind Spot Assist, and Crosswind Assist.
Yes, it includes systems like Car-to-X Communication and Mercedes-Benz Emergency Call Service.
Length: 194.3 in, Height: 57.8 in, Width with mirrors: 81.3 in.
The vehicle is equipped with LED Daytime Running Lamps, LED headlamps and taillamps, and Adaptive Highbeam Assist.
Standard 18-inch twin 5-spoke wheels, with various other options available.
It includes a robust body structure, 9-way airbag protection, and advanced safety technologies.
The cabin boasts a luxurious and intuitive design, emphasizing comfort and style.
It comes with a power tilt/sliding tinted glass sunroof, with an optional panorama roof.
Mercedes-Benz typically offers a range of color options, but specific colors for this model should be confirmed with a dealer.
While specific aerodynamic features aren’t detailed, Mercedes-Benz vehicles are generally designed for aerodynamic efficiency.
The 4-wheel multilink suspension aids in vehicle stability and handling, contributing to overall safety.
A balanced weight distribution, with a curb weight of 3,781 lbs, enhances stability and handling.
The rack-and-pinion steering with electromechanical power assist ensures precise and responsive control.
Optional features could include systems like a heads-up display and an advanced parking assist system, but specifics should be confirmed with a dealer.
View Full User Guide: Mercedes-Benz E-CLASS SEDAN 2023 User Manual