Mercedes-Benz E-CLASS SEDAN 2023 Protection Environment
With its cutting-edge fuel-efficient engines, the 2023 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan exhibits a dedication to environmental preservation. The E350 model, in particular, boasts a turbocharged 4-cylinder engine that offers a combination of power and efficiency. Its 23 mpg city and 31 mpg highway fuel economy ratings, respectively, are evidence of Mercedes-Benz’s efforts to improve fuel economy in high-end cars. Moreover, Mercedes-Benz’s range of environmentally friendly innovations, like the ECO Start/Stop system and emission certification of Bin50/ULEV50, emphasizes the company’s commitment to minimizing its environmental effect without sacrificing performance and luxury.
Protection of the Environment
Environmental damage due to operating conditions and personal driving style. The pollutant emission of the vehicle is directly related to the way you operate the vehicle. Operate your vehicle in an environmentally responsible manner to help protect the environment. Please observe the following recommendations on operating conditions and personal driving style.
- Make sure that the tire pressure is correct.
- Do not carry any unnecessary weight(e.g. roof luggage racks once you no longer need them).
- Adhere to the service intervals. A regularly serviced vehicle will contribute to environmental protection.# Always have maintenance work carried out at a qualified specialist workshop.
Personal driving style:
- Do not depress the accelerator pedal when starting the engine.
- Do not warm up the vehicle while stationary.
- Drive carefully and maintain a suitable distance from the vehicle in front.
- Avoid frequent, sudden acceleration and braking.
- Change gear in good time and use each gear only up to Ô of its maximum engine speed.
- Switch off the vehicle in stationary traffic, e.g. by using the ECO start/stop function.
- Drive in a fuel-efficient manner
- Observe the ECO display for an economical driving style.
Environmental issues and recommendations:
It is recommended that you reuse or recycle materials instead of just disposing of them. The relevant environmental guidelines and regulations serve to protect the environment and must be strictly observed.
Mercedes Benz Genuine Parts
- Environmental damage due to not using recycled reconditioned components Mercedes Benz AG offers recycled reconditioned components and parts with the same quality as new parts. The same entitlement from the Limited Warranty is valid for new parts.
- Use recycled reconditioned components and parts from Mercedes Benz AG.
Impairment of the operating efficiency of the restraint systems from installing accessory parts or from repairs or welding Airbags and Emergency Tensioning Devices, as well as control units and sensors for the restraint systems, may be installed in the following areas of your vehicle:
- door pillars
- instrument display
- center console
- lateral roof frame
- Do not install accessory parts such as audio systems in these areas.
- Do not carry out repairs or welding.
- Have accessories retrofitted at a qualified specialist workshop?
You could jeopardize the operating safety of your vehicle if you use parts, tires, and wheels as well as accessories relevant to safety that have not been approved by Mercedes-Benz. Safety critical systems (e.g. the brake system) may malfunction. Use only Mercedes-Benz Genuine Parts or parts of equal quality. Use only tires, wheels, and accessory parts that have been specifically approved for your vehicle model. Mercedes-Benz Genuine Parts are subject to strict quality inspections. Each part has been specially developed, manufactured or selected for Mercedes-Benz vehicles and adapted to them. Therefore, only Mercedes-Benz Genuine Parts should be used. More than 300,000 different Mercedes-Benz Genuine Parts are available for Mercedes-Benz models. All authorized Mercedes Benz Service Centers maintain a supply of Mercedes Benz Genuine Parts for necessary service and repair work. In addition, strategically located parts delivery centers provide for quick and reliable parts service. Always specify the vehicle identification number (VIN) (/ page 348) when ordering Mercedes-Benz Genuine Parts.
This Operator’s Manual and the Digital Operator’s Manual in the vehicle describe the following models and the standard and special equipment for your vehicle:
- The models and the standard and special equipment available at the time this Operator’s Manual going to be pressed.
- The models and the standard and special
equipment are only available in certain countries.
- The models and the standard and special equipment will only be available at a later date. Note that your vehicle may not have all the features described. This is also the case for systems relevant to safety. Therefore, the equipment on your vehicle may differ from that in the descriptions and illustrations.
The original purchase agreement for your vehicle contains a list of the equipment in your vehicle at the time of delivery. Should you have any questions concerning equipment and operation, please consult an authorized Mercedes Benz Center. % Please bear in mind that all the speed values stated in this Operator’s Manual are approximate and are subject to a certain tolerance. The Operator’s Manual, Supplement, further supplementary documents, and Maintenance Booklet are important documents and should be kept in the vehicle.
Mercedes me app
Notes about the on-demand feature
You can also activate various functions (on-demand feature) subsequently via Mercedes me after purchasing your vehicle. Information is available at any authorized Mercedes-Benz Service Center.
Activating the on-demand feature using Mercedes me
- The vehicle has a wireless connection.
- The vehicle is linked to the Mercedes Me user account.
Ordering and activating on-demand feature
- Add the desired on-demand feature for the vehicle to the shopping basket in the Mercedes Me Store.
- Complete the order. The on-demand feature is activated when operating the vehicle.
- Speeding up activation
- Switch the vehicle off and lock it.
- Unlock the vehicle after about two minutes and switch it on the vehicle.
The on-demand feature has been activated. For some features, a notification also appears in the vehicle’s multimedia system.
- If the activation is not successful, repeat the process.
Service and vehicle operation
When you are abroad with your vehicle, observe the following points:
- service points or replacement parts may not be available immediately.
- unleaded fuel may not be available for vehicles with a catalytic converter. Leaded fuel may cause damage to the catalytic converter.
- the fuel may have an extremely low octane number. Unsuitable fuel can cause engine damage. Some Mercedes Benz models are available in Europe through our European Delivery Program. For more information, please consult an authorized Mercedes‑Benz Service Center, or write to one of the following addresses: in the USA: Mercedes-Benz USA, LLC European Delivery Department One Mercedes-Benz Drive Sandy Springs, GA 30328
Mercedes-Benz Canada, Inc. European Delivery Department 98 Vander hoof Avenue Toronto, Ontario M4G 4C9
Your customer advisor confirms the service in the service report.
The Mercedes Benz Roadside Assistance Program offers technical help in the case of a breakdown. Your calls to the toll-free Roadside Assistance Hotline are answered by our agents 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. 1-800-FOR-Mercedes (1-800-367-6372) (USA) 1-800-387-0100 (Canada) You can find further information in the Mercedes-Benz Roadside Assistance Program brochure (USA) or the “Roadside Assistance” section in the Service and Warranty booklet (Canada). You will find both in the vehicle document wallet.
Change of address or change of ownership
In the event of a change of address, please send us the “Notification of address change” in the Service and Guarantee booklet or simply call the Mercedes Benz Customer Assistance Center (USA) on the hotline number 1-800-FOR-MERCedes (1-800-367-6372) or Customer Service (Canada) on 1-800-387-0100. We can then reach you in a timely fashion, if necessary. If you sell your Mercedes, please leave all literature in the vehicle so that it is available to the next owner. If you have purchased a used vehicle, please send us the “Notice of Purchase of Used Car” in the Service and Guarantee booklet or simply call the Mercedes-Benz Customer Assistance Center (USA) at the hotline number1-800-FOR-MERCedes (1-800-367-6372) or Customer Service (Canada) at 1-800-387-0100.
Possible danger due to substances hazardous to health
In compliance with Proposition 65 (“Prop65”), the following detachable label has been added to each vehicle sold in California
Risk of accident due to malfunctions or system failures If you do not have the prescribed service/ maintenance work or any required repairs car General notes 23ried out, this could result in malfunctions or system failures.
- Always have the prescribed service and maintenance work or any required repairs carried out in a qualified specialist workshop.
Risk of accident or injury due to incorrect modifications on electronic component parts Modification of electronic components, their software or wiring could impair their function and/or the function of other networked component parts or safety-relevant systems. This can endanger the operating safety of the vehicle.
- Never tamper with the wiring and electronic component parts or their software.
- You should have all work on electrical and electronic components carried out at a qualified specialist workshop. Observe the “On-board electronics” section in “Technical data”.
Risk of fire caused by flammable material on hot exhaust system components Flammable material such as leaves, grass or twigs may ignite if they come into contact with hot parts of the exhaust system.
- When driving on an unpaved road or off-road, check the vehicle’s underside regularly.
- In particular, remove trapped plant parts or other flammable material.
- If there is damage, consult a qualified specialist workshop immediately.
- Damage to the vehicle due to driving too fast and due to impacts to the vehicle underbody or suspension component in the following situations, in particular, there is a risk of damage to the vehicle:
- The vehicle becomes grounded, e.g. on a high curb or an unpaved road
- The vehicle is driven too fast over an obstacle, e.g. a curb, speed bump, or pothole
- A heavy object strikes the underbody or suspension components In situations such as these, damage to the body, underbody, suspension components, wheels or tires may not be visible. Components damaged in this way can unexpectedly fail or, in the case of an accident, may no longer absorb the resulting force as intended.
- If the underbody paneling is damaged, flammable materials such as leaves, grass or twigs can collect between the underbody and the ignite if they come into contact with hot parts of the exhaust system.
- Have the vehicle checked and repaired immediately at a qualified specialist workshop.
- If driving safety is impaired while continuing your journey, pull over and stop the vehicle immediately while paying attention to road and traffic conditions, and contact a qualified specialist workshop.
Vehicles with a 48 V onboard electrical system
DANGER Risk of fatal injury by touching damaged high-voltage components Vehicles with a 48 V onboard electrical system contain individual high-voltage components. These high-voltage components are under high voltage.
- If you modify component parts of these high voltage components or touch damaged component parts, you may be electrocuted.
- High voltage components may be damaged in an accident, although the damage may not be visible.
- Never perform modifications to component parts of high voltage components.
- Never touch damaged component parts of high-voltage components.
- Never touch component parts of high voltage components after an accident.
Vehicles with a 48 V onboard electrical system contain high-voltage components.
- These components are marked with a high-voltage label:
All work on high-voltage components must be carried out at a qualified specialist workshop.
The E350 model offers 23 mpg in the city and 31 mpg on the highway.
Yes, it has an emission certification of Bin50/ULEV50.
A 2.0L inline-4 turbo engine, which is fuel-efficient.
Yes, the ECO Start/Stop system aids in reducing fuel consumption and emissions.
Premium unleaded gasoline is recommended for optimal performance and efficiency.
The car features a 9G-TRONIC 9-speed automatic transmission designed for efficiency.
Information on eco-friendly materials is not explicitly stated, but Mercedes-Benz generally incorporates sustainable practices in vehicle construction.
The coefficient of drag information is not provided, but Mercedes-Benz typically designs cars for aerodynamic efficiency.
While the suspension system (4-wheel multilink) primarily enhances ride quality, efficient suspension design can contribute to better fuel economy by improving vehicle dynamics.
The E-Class comes with all-season Extended Mobility tires, but specific eco-friendly attributes are not detailed.
There is no specific mention of renewable energy technologies like solar panels for this model.
The car’s curb weight is 3,781 lbs, and generally, lighter vehicles tend to be more fuel-efficient.
Mercedes-Benz designs its vehicles with aerodynamic efficiency in mind, though specific features for the E-Class are not detailed.
There is no specific mention of energy recovery systems like regenerative braking for this model.
The efficient engines and transmission systems aim to balance power and environmental considerations by reducing fuel consumption and emissions.
View Full User Guide: Mercedes-Benz E-CLASS SEDAN 2023 User Manual