Mercedes-Benz S-CLASS SEDAN 2023 Anticipatory Exit Warning User Manual
Anticipatory Exit Warning
- The vehicle is equipped with Active Blind Spot Assist with an exit warning.
- Active Blind Spot Assist is activated (/ page 287).
- The vehicle is equipped with active ambient lighting or ambient lighting.
- The cameras are switched on:
- The front camera activates the front doors. The rear camera activates the rear doors.
- Observe the information on the system limits of Active Blind Spot Assist with exit warning (/ page 284).
The function can warn vehicle occupants about a possible collision with an approaching vehicle or bicycle when they exit the vehicle. As soon as a vehicle occupant moves their hand towards the door handle, depending on the vehicle equipment, the following warnings are issued:
- The active ambient lighting or ambient lighting flashes red.
- The warning lamp in the outside mirror also flashes red for one of the front doors.
- When the door is opened, a warning tone
- The visual warning is thus already given before the door is opened.
- Further information on Active Blind Spot
- Assist with exit warning (/ page 284) and on ambient lighting (/ page 174).
Switching the reading light and search light and on or off
- For the reading light: the cameras are
The front camera activates the reading light for the driver and front passenger. The rear camera activates the reading light for the left and right rear seat passengers.
- The driver’s and front passenger’s hand movement takes place under the inside rearview mirror. Rear compartment passengers move their hand at the grab handle in front of the reading lamp.
- For the searchlight: the function is available in the vehicle when it is dark.
The cameras are switched on:
The front camera records the interaction area of the unoccupied front passenger seat. The rear camera records the interaction area of the unoccupied left or right rear seat.
- The seats covered are unoccupied or a child is sitting in a child restraint system.
Switching the reading light on and off
Carrying out the operation of the reading light for the driver and front passenger
Carrying out operation of the reading light for rear occupants
- Move your hand up and down vertically under the inside review mirror.
- Move your hand vertically, up and down in front of the reading lamp. The reading light is switched on or off.
Switching the searchlight on and off
Interactions are for activating the searchlight
- To switch it on: reach with your hand into the area of an unoccupied seat.
- The searchlight is switched on automatically for the vehicle occupants.
- To switch off: withdraw the hand from the area of the unoccupied seat.
- The searchlight is switched off again.
Automatic preselection of the outside mirrors (COMFORT/reactive)
- The front camera is switched on.
- Until now, to set the outside mirrors the desired mirror had to be selected using a preselection button in the driver’s door. With the MBUX Interior Assistant, the mirror to be set is preselected automatically by the natural movement of your head to the left or right. When the hand touches the button for adjusting the outside mirror, the LED under the button of the pre-selected mirror side lights up. Use the button to set the position of the action outside the mirror.
- Preselection of the outside mirrors using tons is still possible. Further information on adjusting the outside mirrors (/ page 180).
- The driver camera is also used for this application.
Calling up favorites with the V pose (INFOTAINMENT/contactless)
- The front camera is switched on.
- At least one favorite has been saved in the favorites list.
- The favorite is connected with the MBUX Interior Assistant.
- The area for detecting the favorites pose (V pose) is above the center console in front of the central display.
- The V pose is held for a brief time.
- The V pose makes it easier to call up favorites.
- The front vehicle occupants can associate their own favorite with the V pose. Some examples include a navigation destination, a radio station or a massage program for a seat.
- If a favorite has not yet been saved and connected with the MBUX Interior Assistant, the multimedia system will assist you.
Implementation of the V pose above the stowage compartment of the center console at the height of the central display
- Position your hand above the stowage compartment of the center console at the height of the central display. The back of your hand is facing upwards. In doing so, your index and middle finger are spread to form a V. With your other fingers bent inwards.
- Briefly hold the V pose. The favorite is called up.
The function of the driver camera
The driver camera is on the driver display or in the 3D driver display. The driver camera detects the following characteristics:
- Head position
- Viewing direction
- Eyelid closure characteristics
- Driver’s face
- The driver camera is automatically activated each time the vehicle is opened with SmartKey.
- The current status of the è driver camera is shown in the status line of the central display.
- The driver camera records image data for applications such as ATTENTION ASSIST and facial recognition, for example.
The camera converts the image data directly into metadata. No image data is saved in the process. The data is only processed in the vehicle and is not transmitted from the vehicle. The driver camera must be set up for face detection before use. Teaching-in biometric data (/ page 357).
The system may be impaired or may not function in the following situations:
- The camera is covered or dirty, fogged up or scratched.
- The driver’s face and/or eyes are covered.
- The driver is wearing glasses that block infrared.
In the following situations, display messages may be shown:
- The driver’s camera is inoperative. The camera is faulty.
- The Driver Camera Inoperative See Operator’s Manual message appears.
- The driver’s camera cannot capture the position of your head.
- Change the steering wheel/ seat position until 6 dots are visible on the upper edge of the screen. message appears.
- The view of the driver camera is reduced or restricted.
- The Driver Camera View Currently Restricted See Operator’s Manual message appears.
- The message can appear, for example, in the following cases:
- The camera’s view is obstructed, e.g. due to a scarf or hat being worn.
- The driver is wearing glasses that block infrared.
- If hair partially obstructs the eyes, e.g. as with a long fringe.
- In the event of strong direct sunlight.
- The driver camera cannot detect the driver’s eyes if the light-dark contrast is too strong.
- When one or both hands are on top of the steering wheel (twelve o’clock position).
- Notes on care Please comply with the notes on caring for the interior (/ page 415).
Switching the driver camera on or off
Home> Settings >System >Intelligent Assistance
The driver camera is automatically activated each time the vehicle is switched on.
- Select On or Off.
When the driver camera is switched off or the Driver Camera View Currently Restricted See Operator’s Manual message appears, the following functions are not available or limited:
- The 3D driver’s display (/ page 321)
- The MBUX augmented reality head up display (only for stereo camera)(/ page 323)
- The microsleep and distraction detection of ATTENTION ASSIST (/ page 259)
- Facial recognition. This function serves as a sensor input for authentication and unlocking of the user pro-file and protected applications (/ page 357).
- The mirror preselection. This function allows the natural movement of the head to the left or right to automatically preselect the outside mirror to be adjusted (/ page 180).
Information on users, suggestions, and favorites
Risk of becoming trapped during adjustment of the driver’s seat after calling up a driver profile Selecting a user profile may trigger an adjustment of the driver’s seat to the position saved under the user profile. You or other vehicle occupants could be injured in the process.
- Make sure that when the position of the driver’s seat is being adjusted using the multimedia system, no people or body parts are in the seat’s range of movement.
- If there is a risk of someone becoming trapped, immediately stop the adjustment process by:
- Pressing the warning message on the central display.
- Pressing a position button of the memory function or a seat adjustment switch in the driver’s door.
- The adjustment process is stopped.
The driver’s seat is equipped with an anti-entrapment feature. If the driver’s door is open, the driver’s seat will not be set after calling up the driver’s profile. User profiles and user-specific content Prerequisites for the vehicle owner:
- You have a Mercedes me user account.
- You have a Mercedes me PIN.
- The vehicle is linked to a Mercedes me user account.
- If one of the requirements listed is missing or if no user profile has been selected, the data described in the following section will be saved in the vehicle as the standard setting. Standard settings can be changed by all vehicle users. User profiles save personal settings. If the vehicle is used by several people, a person can change their profile settings without changing the settings of other users.
- If the vehicle is equipped with the MBUX high-end Rear Seat Entertainment System, the occupants in the rear passenger compartment can log in as Mercedes users from their seats. The Multi-seat Profile Management allows three profiles to be used simultaneously. A user profile can only be activated simultaneously on one display.
- Some settings apply to the entire vehicle and are displayed in all user profiles, e.g. ambient lighting and the current navigation settings. These initially belong to the driver, but can also be changed by the other vehicle occupants in their user profile. You can individualize a user profile in the vehicle using the set-up assistant or using the settings in your user profile. Some settings, e.g. the Mercedes me PIN and a profile photo are made in the Mercedes me App or in the Mercedes me Portal.
User-specific content and applications with personal data are protected by different levels of security. To access protected content, the Mercedes me PIN and, depending on the vehicle equipment, biometric sensors can be used.
- The security level is set by the multimedia sys-
- When a user profile is activated, the following personalized comfort systems, for example, can be adjusted or their settings loaded:
- Ambient light
- Outside mirrors
- Climate control settings
If the user profile is activated when driving, the driver’s seat position will not be adjusted. Depending on the vehicle equipment you can, as a user, save the following settings, for example:
- Driver’s seat, steering wheel, and mirror settings
- Climate control
- Ambient lighting
- Radio (including station list)
- Suggestions and favorites
- The vehicle can learn the habits of the driver. It then makes suggestions regarding navigation destinations, phone numbers, and music preferences. The requirements for that are the selection of a user, your consent to the recording of data, and sufficient collected data.
- Favorites offer you quick access to frequently used applications. 100 favorites are available in total.
Mercedes-Benz 2023 Top Accessories
[amalinkspro_table id=”32446″ new-window=”on” nofollow=”on” addtocart=”off” /]
View Full User Guide: Mercedes-Benz S-CLASS SEDAN 2023 User Manual
Download Manuals: https://www.mbusa.com/en/owners/manuals