Mercedes-Benz S-CLASS SEDAN 2023 Interior Lighting User Manual
- Switches the front interior lighting on/ off.
- Switches the rear interior lighting on/ off.
- Switches automatic interior lighting control on/off.
- To switch reading lamps on/off: hold your hand under the respective reading lamp 4 or 5.
Operating Unit Inside the Grab Handle (Rear Passenger Compartment)
- Reading lamp on the respective side of the vehicle.
- Rear interior lighting.
- To switch reading lamps on: press button 1.
The reading lamp, the interior lighting in the grab handle and the dome lamp on the respective side of the vehicle will light up.
- To switch reading lamps off: press button 1 once or twice.
When you press it once, the interior lighting in the grab handle and the dome lamp on the respective side of the vehicle will go out.
When you press it twice, the reading lamp on the respective side of the vehicle will go out.
- To switch the rear interior lighting on/off: press button 2.
The reading lamps, the interior lighting in the grab handle and the dome lamps on both sides of the vehicle will light up or go out.
Adjusting the ambient lighting
Home > Comfort > Ambient Light
Setting the Color
- Select Color.
- Select Monochrome or Multi-color.
- Set the desired color or color scheme.
Adjusting the Brightness
- Select Brightness.
- Adjust the brightness.
- Depending on the ambient light, the ambient lighting will automatically switch between day and night modes.
Activating the brightness for zones
- Select Brightness.
- Switch off Link Zones.% Observe the notes on driving systems and
The Direct, Indirect and Accents zones can be set separately.
The Light Band zone can also be set in vehicles with active ambient lighting.
Risk of the accident despite the ambient lighting and active ambient lighting effects being activated
The warning assistance effects are fully active only when the relevant driving or driving safety systems are activated in the Driving Assistance menu.
- Make sure that the relevant driving or driving safety systems are activated.
Observe the notes on driving systems and your responsibility; you may otherwise fail to recognize dangers (/ page 252).
- Select Effects.
- Activate the desired effect.
- Depending on the vehicle equipment, different effects are available.
Operating feedback effects
- Climate: If changes are made to the temperature setting in the vehicle, the color of the ambient lighting will change briefly.
- Voice Assistant: For vehicles with active ambient lighting, the voice assistant is visually animated.
- Greeting: When you get into the vehicle, a special color animation will play.
Warning assistance effects
- Warning When Exiting: If an object is detected in the blind spot while you are getting out of the vehicle, the ambient lighting in the affected door will flash red.
Further information on the exit warning (/ page 284).
- Active Lane Keeping Assist: If there is a warning from Active Lane Keeping Assist, the active ambient lighting will flash red.
Further information on Active Lane Keeping Assist (/ page 287).
- Active Brake Assist: If there is an Active Brake Assist warning, the active ambient lighting in the center of the cockpit will flash bright red.
Further information on Active Brake Assist (/ page 274).
- Active Blind Spot Assist: In vehicles with active ambient lighting, the ambient lighting on the affected side will flash red if there is a warning from Active Blind Spot Assist.
Further information on Active Blind Spot Assist (/ page 284).
- The chosen color combination will change at predefined intervals.
- In vehicles with active ambient lighting, an animation will be played.
- The desired operating feedback and warning assistance can be activated or deactivated via the Z symbol. Depending on the equipment, different operating feedback and warning assistance effects are available.
If the brightness is set to a low level, warning animations will be displayed at a higher basic brightness.
Switching the interior lighting switch-off delay time on/off
Home>Settings Light 5
Interior/Exterior Lighting 5
Interior Lighting Delay
- Activate or deactivate Interior Lighting Delay.
If this function is active, the interior lighting will be switched on for a short time after the end of the journey.
Windshield Wiper and Windshield Washer System
Switching the Windshield Wipers on/off
- Windshield wipers off
- Automatic wiping, normal
- Automatic wiping, frequent
- Continuous wiping, slow
- Continuous wiping, fast.
- Turn the combination switch to the corresponding position 1 – 5.
- Single wipe/washing: push the button on the combination switch in the direction of arrow 1.
- Single wipe
- Wipes with washer fluid
Observe the notes on washing the vehicle in a car wash (/ page 410).
Vehicles with MAGIC VISION CONTROL: in position 2 or 3 , the windshield washing process is automatically triggered if dirt is detected on the windshield unless the Add Washer Fluid message is being displayed.
Deep-cleaning the windshield
In the case of heavy soiling, you can deep-clean the windshield above outside temperatures of 41°F (5°C).
- In a stationary vehicle, turn the combination switch to position 1, 2 or 3.
- Press the button on the combination switch in the direction of arrow 1 and hold it for approximately two seconds.
The wiper arms will move into their replacement positions and washer fluid will be distributed on the windshield. After approximately 30 seconds, the wiper arms will move back again and wipe the windshield several times. Deep-cleaning will now have finished.
Changing the windshield wiper blades
Risk of becoming trapped if the windshield wipers are switched on while wiper blades are being replaced
If the windshield wipers begin to move while you are changing the wiper blades, you can be trapped by the wiper arm.
- Always switch off the windshield wipers and vehicle before changing the wiper blades.
Moving the wiper arms into the replacement position
- Switch the vehicle on and then off again immediately.
- Within around 15 seconds, press and hold the î button on the combination switch for approximately three seconds (/ page 176).
The wiper arms will move into the replacement position.
Removing the Wiper Blades
- Fold the wiper arms away from the windshield.
- Hold the wiper arm with one hand. With the other hand, turn the wiper blade away from the wiper arm in the direction of arrow 1 as far as it will go.
- Slide catch 2 in the direction of arrow 3 until it engages in the removal position.
- Remove the wiper blade from the wiper arm in the direction of arrow 4.
Installing the wiper blades
- Insert the new wiper blade into the wiper arm in the direction of arrow 1.
- Slide catch 2 in the direction of arrow 3 until it engages in the locking position.
- Make sure that the wiper blade is seated correctly.
- Fold the wiper arms back onto the windshield.
- Switch on the vehicle.
- Press the î button on the combination Fold the wiper arm back onto the windshield.
- Check the condition of the wiper blades regularly and replace them in the event of visible damage or ongoing smearing.
Mercedes-Benz 2023 Top Accessories
[amalinkspro_table id=”32446″ new-window=”on” nofollow=”on” addtocart=”off” /]
View Full User Guide: Mercedes-Benz S-CLASS SEDAN 2023 User Manual
Download Manuals: https://www.mbusa.com/en/owners/manuals