Mercedes-Benz S-CLASS SEDAN 2023 Overview and Operation User Manual
Overview and Operation
Notes on the MBUX multimedia system
Risk of distraction from information systems and communications equipment. If you operate information systems and communication devices integrated in the vehicle when driving, you could be distracted from the traffic situation. This could also cause you to lose control of the vehicle.
- Only operate this equipment when the traffic situation permits.
- If you cannot be sure of this, stop the vehicle whilst paying attention to road and traffic conditions and operate the equipment with the vehicle stationary.
- You must observe the legal requirements of the country in which you are currently driving when operating the multimedia system.
- Depending on the equipment, the scope of function and product designation of your MBUX multi-media system may differ from the description and images in this Operator’s Manual. For example, route guidance with augmented reality is not available in all equipment variants.
Increased surface temperature due to direct sunlight on the central display The surface of the central display is very dark .If the display is exposed to direct sunlight, the surface can become very hot.
- If the central display has been exposed to direct sunlight, allow it to cool down before touching it for a long time.
Overview of the MBUX multimedia system
MBUX stands for Mercedes-Benz User Experience.
- Touch Control and control panel for the MBUX multimedia system MBUX stands for Mercedes-Benz User Experience.
- The central display with touch functionality3 Switch panel with:
- Fingerprint sensor
- Switches the MBUX multimedia system on or off a Switches sound on or off Adjusts the volume
- Further operating options:
- Conducting a dialog with the MBUX voice assistant.
- Operating functions contact-free with the MBUX Interior Assistant. The interaction then follows intelligently, reactively or with hand or head movements.
- You can find further information about operation as well as about applications and services in the Digital Operator’s Manual. Anti-theft protection
This device is equipped with technical provisions to protect it against theft. Further information on anti-theft protection can be obtained at an authorized Mercedes Benz Center.
The function of the zero layer
- Your software can be upgraded to a more current version at a later date.
- The zero layers provide you with dynamic content from the MBUX multimedia system and is used to quickly access and control the applications you use. When you select © on the central display, the digital map with the applications appears in the lower display area. Compared to the home screen with a classic menu, the steps required to call up the applications are reduced. You can switch between the zero layers and the home screen with a classic menu.
- The applications can be hidden from the display area and shown again.
- The zero layers provide the following modules and applications:
- Navigation module
In the expanded view you can, for example, display the route overview, switch on the display of traffic information and make settings for View (map), Messages & Acoustic Signals, and Route.
- Entertainment (media, radio) and telephone When the lower display area is shown, the entertainment sources are always displayed. A mobile phone must be connected to the MBUX multimedia system for the phone to be displayed.
- Active applications
- Active applications The lower display area shows an active mas-sage program, for example.
- Suggestions are displayed on the lower display area based on context and user behavior. Here are a few examples: The applications are first displayed in a reduced view. By tapping on them, you can operate them or open the associated menu (expanded view).
- A long press on a suggestion opens a context menu in which further functions are available. The learning function can be switched on and off for the options
Overview zero layer
Digital map and user-specific applications (example)
- Navigation module (reduced view)
- Enters a destination Searching for parking
- Calls up the Control Center (pull the bar down
- Status line
- Calls up user profile settings
- Content sharing menu
- Requirement for phone: the mobile phone is connected to the MBUX multimedia system.
- Entertainment sources (media, radio) Press briefly: shows all applications (/ page 342)
- Press and hold calls up the home screen with classic menu A Route monitor e .g. route list, lane recommendations, toll stations, the 3D image of the upcoming driving maneuver
- The zero layer shows the digital map and the user-specific applications. The following user-specific applications are displayed in the lower display area:
Requirement: suggestions are activated (/ page 357).
- Active applications e.g. a massage program
- Telephone 7
- Entertainment sources 8
- Online voice applications
- The lower display area can be hidden and shown (/ page 342).
- Information about entertainment sources
- You can operate the applications in the reduced view or in the menu (expanded view) (/ page 342).
- Control a media source, e.g. pause/play, next track, set a station
- Select tracks from the current playlist or stations from the station list
- Select a media source
The media source must be connected to the MBUX multimedia system.
Information about the telephone
To use the functions, mobile phones must be connected to the MBUX multimedia system.
Requirement for suggestions: the Calls Messages option is activated in the suggestions.
- Answer a call and call a missed call The missed calls are displayed for the mobile phones connected to the MBUX multimedia system.
- Display contacts and call list and call a contact
- Use voice functions
- Suggest contacts
- The contacts are suggested for mobile phones connected to the MBUX multimedia system. No contacts are suggested for mobile phones that are linked to another user profile.
- Write messages to contacts (suggestions)
- Connect a device via the device manager (suggestion)
- Information about active applications
The following functions are available:
- Operating the massage program
- Raising or lowering the vehicle level
Suggestions for comfort and vehicle functions as well as navigation
Requirement: the Comfort, Vehicle, and Navigation options are activated in the suggestions.
- Operating the massage program For example, the multimedia system suggests a program at a certain time.
- Opening the trunk lid Requirement: the vehicle is equipped with a trunk lid convenience closing.
- Setting the vehicle level R Making heating settings
- Activating/deactivating Parking Assist PARKTRONIC
- Selecting previous destinations and destinations from favorites
Suggestions for online voice applications Requirement: the Online Voice Services option is activated in the suggestions. The suggested voice applications are made available online and are based on your previous voice inputs.
- What will the weather be like tomorrow
- Play the messages.
- Start geo quiz.
- Open the garage door.
Calling up and operating the zero layer
Calling up the zero layer
- When the vehicle has been switched on, the zero layers is displayed on the digital map.
- Navigation is active.
- From another application: press the button on the right side of the steering wheel.
- Tap on Operating applications in the reduced view (examples)
- Media: to play the previous or next track, tap
- To answer a call or call a missed call: tap on the contact.
- After the connection has been established, the call functions are available. dictate the message via the MBUX Voice Assistant.
- To start a massage program: tap on the application and start the massage program.
- To select a previous destination: tap on the application and select one of the previous destinations.
- To select a destination from the favorites: tap on the application and select the destination. Hiding and showing the display area with applications
- To hide: pull the applications down.
- To show: pull the bar above © upwards. or Select ©.
- Press the button on the steering wheel on the right.
Navigation module (expanded view)
Example: route guidance is active
- Searches for a gas station
- Switches traffic information display on or off
- Tap on the navigation module (/ page 340).
- Select Route in the lower menu bar.
Operating a menu in the lower display area (for example an active massage program)
- Selects a massage program
- Starts/stops a massage program for the driver
- Starts/stops a massage program for the front passenger
- Sets the massage program intensity for the driver’s or front passenger seat
- Tap on the application. The expanded view of the application is displayed.
- To close the menu: select G.
Opening and closing the context menu for a suggestion
- Press and hold on a suggestion
- The context menu opens and shows the No Longer Suggest option, for example.
- To close swipe downwards. Removing a suggestion from the display area
- Swipe the suggestion upwards.
Showing all applications
- Press © briefly. Available applications are displayed. The global search is available.
- To hide applications: briefly press © again.
- To hide applications: briefly press © again.
Switching between the zero layers and the home screen with a classic menu
- Press and hold ©. The home screen with the classic menu is shown.
- To return to the zero layers: press and hold on ©.
Mercedes-Benz 2023 Top Accessories
[amalinkspro_table id=”32446″ new-window=”on” nofollow=”on” addtocart=”off” /]
View Full User Guide: Mercedes-Benz S-CLASS SEDAN 2023 User Manual
Download Manuals: https://www.mbusa.com/en/owners/manuals