Nissan FRONTIER 2023 Mirrors and Truck Box
With its adaptable mirror system, the 2023 Nissan Frontier can have side mirrors that are manually or electrically adjustable, and some of them even have the ability to heat, defrost, and fold. For driving at night, the rearview mirror could have an automated dimming feature. Sun visors also have mirrors for the front passengers installed. Regarding functionality, the Frontier has a useful truck box in the bed that may be used for transport and storage. This truck box may come in different sizes, have locking methods for security, and give customization possibilities based on the model and trim. It enhances the utility of the Frontier, making it a dependable partner for a range of transport and storage requirements.
MANUAL ANTI-GLARE REARVIEW MIRROR (if so equipped)
Use the night position 1O to reduce glare from the headlights of vehicles behind you at night. Use the day position 2O when driving in daylight hours.
Use the night position only when necessary, because it reduces rear-view clarity.
AUTOMATIC ANTI-GLARE REARVIEW MIRROR (if so equipped)
The inside mirror is designed so that it automatically dims during nighttime conditions and according to the intensity of the headlights of the vehicle following you. The automatic anti-glare feature is activated when the ignition switch is in the ON position.
Do not hang any objects over the sensors 1O or apply glass cleaner to the sensors. Doing so will reduce the sensitivity of the sensors, resulting in improper operation.
- Do not adjust the mirrors while driving. You could lose control of your vehicle and cause an accident.
- Objects viewed in the outside mirror on the passenger side are closer than they appear. Be careful when moving to the right. Using only this mirror could cause an accident. Use the inside mirror or glance over your shoulder to properly judge distances to other objects.
Manual control type (if so equipped)Ac
The outside mirrors can be moved in any direction for a better rear view.
Electric control type (if so equipped)
The outside mirror remote control will operate only when the ignition switch is placed in the ACC or ON position. Rotate the control dial to select the right or left mirror. Adjust the mirror to the desired position by moving the control dial. Return the control dial to the center (neutral) position to prevent accidentally moving the mirror.
Manual folding outside mirrors
Pull the outside mirror toward the door to fold it.
Heated mirrors (if so equipped)
Some outside mirrors can be heated to defog or de-ice for improved visibility.
Pull the tailgate handle upward and lower the tailgate. The support cables hold the tailgate open. When closing the tailgate, make sure the latches are securely locked. Do not drive the vehicle with the tailgate down, unless equipped with NISSAN’s Bed Extender (accessory) or equivalent in the extended position.
- Never allow anyone to ride in the cargo area or on the rear seat when it is in the folded position. Use of these areas by passengers without proper restraints could result in serious injury or death in an accident or sudden stop.
- It is extremely dangerous to ride in a cargo area inside a vehicle. In a collision, people riding in these areas are more likely to be seriously injured or killed.
- Do not allow people to ride in any area of your vehicle that is not equipped with seats and seat belts.
- Be sure everyone in your vehicle is in a seat and using a seat belt properly.
Disconnecting the rear camera
Before removing the tailgate disconnect the rear camera by performing the following:
- Open the tailgate to access the rear camera connector bracket 1O located on the rear sill.
- Remove the connector bracket 2O from the sill by pressing the locking tab inward, in the direction shown, while pulling the bracket apart.
- Disconnect the chassis wiring harness 3O by pressing inward on the locking tab, in the direction shown, while pulling the connectors apart. Hold the connector firmly to prevent the connector in the chassis harness from falling into the sill.
- Take the chassis plug and bracket from the glove box and connect them to the chassis wiring harness to avoid contamination to the terminals which will lead to malfunction of the rear camera.
- Insert the bracket back into the sill.
- Take the tailgate plug from the glove box and connect it to the tailgate wiring harness to avoid contamination which will lead to malfunction of the rear camera.
- Remove the tailgate.
For your convenience, tie-down hooks are placed at each corner of the truck box. These may be used to help secure cargo loaded into the truck box.
- The weight of the cargo load must be evenly distributed over both the front and the rear axles.
- All cargo should be securely fastened with ropes or straps to prevent it from shifting or sliding within the vehicle.
Properly secure all cargo with ropes or straps to help prevent it from sliding or shifting. In a sudden stop or collision, unsecured cargo could cause personal injury.
The Frontier typically includes side mirrors and a rearview mirror.
Depending on the trim level, they may be manually adjustable or power-adjustable.
Some models may include heated side mirrors for defrosting.
Some models may offer power-folding side mirrors.
Yes, you can manually adjust the rearview mirror’s angle.
Some models may include an automatic dimming rearview mirror to reduce glare at night.
Sun visors typically have mirrors for the front passengers.
The truck box provides storage and cargo space in the bed of the truck.
The truck box may be included in some trim levels or offered as an accessory.
Some truck boxes have locking features for added security.
Truck boxes may vary in size depending on the model and trim.
Depending on the model, you may be able to customize the interior with dividers and organizers.
The weight capacity of the truck box may vary, so refer to the vehicle’s manual for details.
Some truck boxes may have weatherproof or waterproof features.
Removing the truck box may be possible, but it depends on the specific model and installation.
View Full User Guide: Nissan FRONTIER 2023 User Guide