Tata Punch 2021 Amt Instruction Sticker User Manual
Amt Instruction Sticker
AMT does not have a parking position. The vehicle can be parked with the gearshift lever in any position.
- Apply the parking brake firmly.
- Press the brake pedal and shift the gearshift lever to the ‘R’ position on a downhill slope, or to the Auto ‘A’ mode or the ‘M’ position in the manual ‘M’ mode on an uphill slope or flat road and confirm the gear position by checking the gear position indicator on instrument cluster. Gear engagement (R or A) can be done with ignition ON/engine running condition only.
- Turn the key to ‘ACC’ position to switch off the engine. Before switching off the engine, run the engine in idle condition for at least 30 seconds and then switch off. This will allow the engine oil to lubricate the turbocharger, till its speed is fully reduced and also allow the unit to cool down.
A quick burst on the accelerator before turning off the engine serves absolutely no practical purpose, it wastes fuel and is damaging especially to turbocharged engine.
Do not switch the engine off when it is running at high speed. This will lead to premature turbocharger bearing wear.
The AMT vehicle will shift itself into Neutral as a precautionary measure, if the vehicle is stationary and one or both of the front wheels spin on a low friction surface (e.g. Snow, mud, soft sand etc). AMT symbol will glow in the instrument cluster indicating an intervention from the Transmission Control Unit. Following steps need to be carried out sequentially in order to maneuver the vehicle in such a situation.
- Shift the gear shift lever to Neutral position and switch the ignition off.
- Press the brake pedal and crank the engine again.
- With the engine running, shift the gear position in Auto mode.
- March the vehicle with low input from the accelerator pedal as this will ensure that the wheels do not spin.
Climbing Sharp Gradients
Apply the parking brake firmly so that the vehicle does not roll backwards.
Shift the gearshift lever to the “A” position while depressing the brake pedal. Make sure that the gear position indicator in the instrument cluster displays ‘1st’ gear.
Release the brake pedal and depress the accelerator pedal gradually, and when the vehicle starts to move, release the parking brake and depress the accelerator pedal to start off.
On climbing sharp gradients, never hold the vehicle at a stop using only the accelerator pedal or the creeping function. If you perform this operation for a certain period of time, this can also cause excessive damage to the clutch.
Try not to hold the brake pedal down too long or too often while going down a steep or long hill.
This could cause the brakes to over-heat, resulting in reduced braking efficiency. Failure to take this precaution could result in loss of vehicle control.
Descending Sharp Gradients
Depress the brake pedal and shift the gear shift lever to the ‘A’ position. Make sure that the gear position indicator in the instrumental cluster displays ‘1st’ gear.
Release the brake pedal and depress the accelerator pedal slowly. Even if the accelerator pedal is not depressed, the clutch will be engaged when the vehicle speed increases.
When descending on sharp gradients, NEVER turn the ignition key to the ‘OFF’ position. Emission control system damage may result.
STARTING THE ENGINE
- Make sure that parking brake is engaged and vehicle is in neutral gear.
- Press the clutch pedal fully and crank the engine. Do not press the accelerator pedal when starting the engine.
- Release the key as soon as the engine starts. Repeat if engine does not start.
The engine emits poisonous exhaust gases such as carbon monoxide. Inhaling these exhaust gases leads to poisoning. There is a risk of serious health problems. Therefore, never leave the engine running in enclosed spaces without sufficient ventilation.
After starting, run the engine in idle speed for at least 30 seconds. Do not press the accelerator pedal while starting the engine to avoid damage to the turbocharger.
View Full User Guide: Tata Punch User 2021 Manual
Download Manuals: https://cars.tatamotors.com/service/owners/owners-manual
Tata 2023 Top Accessories
[amalinkspro_table id=”32452″ new-window=”on” nofollow=”on” addtocart=”off” /]