Subaru Impreza 2023 Remote keyless entry system Base Sedan
With its easy access and start, the 2023 Subaru Impreza Base Sedan boasts a cutting-edge and practical keyless entry and ignition system that improves driving pleasure. With the help of keyless technology, drivers may start the engine and open the doors and trunk of their car without having to physically insert a standard key. Rather, a proximity key fob interfaces with the car, offering a simple and safe method to get into and out of the Impreza. Drivers of the 2023 Impreza Base Sedan will find that Subaru’s feature blends practicality and ease of use, making daily commutes and errands more efficient and convenient.
Remote keyless entry system
- Do not expose the remote transmitter to severe shocks, such as those experienced as a result of dropping or throwing.
- Do not take the remote transmitter apart except when replacing the battery.
- Do not get the remote transmitter wet. If it gets wet, wipe it dry with a cloth immediately.
- When traveling in an airplane, do not press the button of the remote transmitter. If any button of the remote transmitter is pressed, radio waves are emitted and may affect the operation of the airplane. When carrying the remote transmitter in a bag, take measures to prevent the buttons from being pressed accidentally.
Access key fob
- Lock/arm button
- Unlock/disarm button
- Trunk lid opener/rear gate unlock button
- PANIC button
- Lock/arm button
- Unlock/disarm button
- Trunk lid opener/rear gate unlock button
- PANIC button
The remote keyless entry system has the following functions.
- Locking and unlocking the doors (and rear gate for 5-door models)
- Unlocking the trunk lid (sedan) or rear gate (5-door models)
- Sounding a panic alarm
- Arming and disarming the alarm system. The operable distance of the remote keyless entry system is approximately 30 feet (10 meters). However, this distance will vary depending on environmental conditions. The system’s operable distance will be shorter in areas near a facility or electronic equipment emitting strong radio waves such as a power plant, broadcast station, TV tower, or remote controller of home electronic appliances.
- For models with “keyless access with push-button start system”, the remote keyless entry system will not be activated when the push-button ignition switch is in any position other than the “OFF” position.
- For models without “keyless access with push-button start system”, the remote keyless entry system will not be activated when the key is inserted in the ignition switch.
- The hazard warning flashers will flash once or twice when the access key fob/transmitter button is pressed in the following cases.
- When locking the doors
- When unlocking the doors
- When opening the trunk lid (sedan)
- When unlocking the rear gate (5-door models)
- Operation of the hazard warning flashers in the above cases can be set to “On” or “Off” by a SUBARU dealer. Consult your SUBARU dealer for details.
- The setting of the remote trunk lid opener function can be set to “Pressing and holding” “Pressing twice” or “Non-operation” by a SUBARU dealer. Consult your SUBARU dealer for details (sedan).
Locking the doors
Press the lock/arm button to lock all doors and the rear gate (5-door models). An electronic chirp will sound once and the hazard warning flashers will flash once. If any of the doors (or the rear gate/trunk lid) is not fully closed, the following will occur to alert you that the doors (or the rear gate/trunk lid) are not properly closed.
- An electronic chirp sounds five times. The hazard warning flashers flash five times.
When you close the door, it will automatically lock and then the following will occur. . An electronic chirp sounds once.
- The hazard warning flashers flash once.
Unlocking the doors
Press the unlock/disarm button to unlock the driver’s door. An electronic chirp will sound twice and the hazard warning flashers will flash twice. To unlock all doors including the rear gate (5-door models), briefly press the unlock/disarm button a second time within 5 seconds.
If the interval between the first and second presses of the unlock/disarm button (for unlocking of all doors including the rear gate (5-door models)) is extremely short, the system may not respond.
Opening the trunk lid (sedan)
Press and hold the trunk lid opener button to open the trunk lid. An electronic chirp will sound twice and the hazard warning flashers will flash twice.
Unlocking the rear gate (5-door models)
Press the rear gate to unlock button to unlock the rear gate. An electronic chirp will sound twice and the hazard warning flashers will flash twice.
Vehicle finder function
Use this function to find your vehicle parked among many vehicles in a large parking lot. Provided you are within 30 feet (10 meters) of the vehicle, pressing the lock/arm button three times in a 5-second period will cause your vehicle’s horn to sound once and its hazard warning flashers to flash three times.
If the interval between presses is too short when you press the lock/arm button three times, the system may not respond to the signals from the remote transmitter.
Sounding a panic alarm
To activate the alarm, press the “PANIC” button once. The horn will sound and the hazard warning flashers will flash. To deactivate the panic alarm, press any button on the remote transmitter. Unless a button on the remote transmitter is pressed, the alarm will be deactivated after approximately 30 seconds.
Selecting audible signal operation (models without “keyless access with push-button start system”)
Using an electronic chirp, the system will give you an audible signal when the doors lock and unlock. If desired, you may turn the audible signal off. Perform the following steps to deactivate the audible signal. You can also use the same steps to restore the function.
- Sit in the driver’s seat and shut all doors and the rear gate (5-door models).
- Hold down the unlock side of the power door locking switch.
- While holding down the unlock side of the power door locking switch, pull the key out and reinsert it into the ignition switch at least 6 times within 10 seconds after Step 2.
- Open and close the driver’s door once within 10 seconds after Step 3.
- The hazard warning flashers flash 3 times to indicate completion of the setting.
Your SUBARU dealer can perform the above procedure for you. Also, for models with a combination meter display (color LCD), the setting can be changed using the display.
Replacing lost transmitters
If you lose a transmitter or want to purchase additional transmitters (up to four can be programmed), your transmitters should be reprogrammed for security reasons. For details, contact your SUBARU dealer and have the transmitters programmed into the remote keyless entry system.
Certification for remote keyless entry system
FCC ID: CWTB1G077
FCC ID: CWTD1G141
Changes or modifications not expressly approved by the party responsible for compliance could void the user’s authority to operate the equipment.
This device complies with part 15 of the FCC Rules. Operation is subject to the following two conditions:
- This device may not cause harmful interference, and
- This device must accept any interference received, including interference that may cause undesired operation.
This device complies with Industry Canada’s license-exempt RSSs.
Operation is subject to the following two conditions:
- This device may not cause interference; and
- This device must accept any interference, including interference that may cause undesired operation of the device.
What is the keyless entry and ignition system in the 2023 Subaru Impreza Base Sedan?
The keyless entry and ignition system in the 2023 Subaru Impreza Base Sedan allows drivers to unlock the vehicle, start the engine, and operate various functions without using a traditional key.
How does the keyless entry system work?
The keyless entry system typically uses a proximity key fob that communicates with the vehicle when in close proximity, enabling the driver to unlock the doors by simply touching the door handle.
Can the keyless entry system be customized or adjusted?
The system’s settings and customization options may vary by model and trim level, so it’s advisable to consult the owner’s manual for specific details.
What are the benefits of keyless entry in the 2023 Impreza Base Sedan?
Keyless entry provides convenience and security, allowing quick access to the vehicle without fumbling for keys, especially in situations like carrying groceries or when your hands are full.
How is the keyless ignition system activated in the Impreza Base Sedan?
To start the engine, the driver typically needs to have the key fob inside the vehicle and depress the brake pedal while pressing the ignition button.
Does the keyless system have any safety features?
Some keyless systems include safety features such as automatic door locking after a certain period of inactivity or the ability to disable the key fob remotely in case of theft.
What happens if the key fob’s battery is low or dies?
Many vehicles with keyless systems have backup methods to start the vehicle when the key fob’s battery is low or dead, such as inserting the fob into a designated slot.
Can the keyless system be disabled or turned off?
Some vehicles offer the option to disable or turn off the keyless system for security reasons, although this should be done with caution.
Is the keyless system susceptible to hacking or theft?
Automakers implement security measures to prevent hacking and unauthorized access to keyless systems, but it’s advisable to keep the key fob in a secure location when not in use.
Does the 2023 Impreza Base Sedan have a remote engine start feature?
The availability of a remote engine start feature may vary by model and trim level, so it’s recommended to check the specific vehicle’s features and options.
How does the keyless system impact vehicle security?
The keyless system typically enhances security with features like rolling code encryption to prevent unauthorized access.
Can the keyless system be used if the vehicle’s battery is dead?
In some cases, the keyless system may not work if the vehicle’s battery is completely dead. It’s important to have a backup plan in such situations.
Are there any maintenance or care considerations for the keyless system?
The keyless system generally requires minimal maintenance, but it’s essential to replace the key fob’s battery when it’s low to ensure consistent functionality.
Can the keyless system be retrofitted to older vehicles?
Retrofitting a keyless system to older vehicles can be possible through aftermarket kits, but it’s typically more complex than factory-installed systems.
What precautions should be taken to prevent accidental keyless system activation?
To prevent accidental activation, it’s important to keep the key fob away from water, excessive heat, and other conditions that might trigger unintended functions.
View Full User Guide: Subaru Impreza 2023 Base Sedan User Guide
Download Manuals: https://www.subaru.com/owners/vehicle-resources/manuals.html