Chevrolet Blazer 2023 Driver Door Key Lock User Guide
Driver Door Key
Lock Cylinder Access (In Case of Dead Battery)
To access the driver door key lock cylinder:
- Pull the door handle (1) to the open position and hold it open until cap removal is complete.
- Insert the key into the slot (3) on the bottom of the cap (2) and lift the key upward.
- Move the cap (2) rearward and remove.
- Use the key in the cylinder.
To access the driver door key lock cylinder:
- Pull the door handle (1) to the open position and hold it open until cap installation is complete.
- Insert the two tabs (6) at the back of the cap between the seal (5) and the metal base (4).
- Slide the cap forward and press the forward edge to install the cap in place.
- Release the door handle.
- Check that the cap is secure.
The door key lock cylinder turns freely when either the wrong key is used, or the correct key is not fully inserted. The free-turning door lock feature prevents the lock cylinder from being forced open. To reset the lock cylinder, ensure the correct key is fully inserted into the lock cylinder. Rotate the key until you feel the lock cylinder click back into place. Remove the key and reinsert fully, rotate the key to unlock the vehicle.
Power Door Locks
Press to lock the doors. The indicator light in the switch will illuminate when locked.
Press to unlock the doors.
This feature delays the locking of the doors until five seconds after all doors are closed.
Delayed locking can only be turned on when the Open Door Anti-Lockout feature has been turned off.
When is pressed on the power door lock switch while the door is open, a chime will sound three times indicating delayed locking is active.
The doors will lock automatically five seconds after all doors are closed. If a door is reopened before that time, the five-second timer will reset when all doors are closed again. Press on the door lock switch again or press on the RKE transmitter to lock the doors immediately.
This feature can also be programmed. To view available settings for this feature, touch the Settings icon on the infotainment home page. Select “Vehicle” to display the list of available options and select “Power Door Locks”.
Automatic Door Locks
The doors will lock automatically when all doors are closed, the ignition is on, and the vehicle is shifted out of P (Park).
If a vehicle door is unlocked and then opened and closed, the doors will lock either when your foot is removed from the brake or the vehicle speed becomes faster than 13 km/h (8 mph).
To unlock the doors:
- Press on a door.
- Shift the transmission into P (Park).
Automatic door locking cannot be disabled.
Automatic door unlocking can be programmed. To view available settings for this feature, touch the Settings icon on the infotainment home page. Select “Vehicle” to display the list of available options and select “Power Door Locks”.
If the ignition is on or in accessory mode and the power door lock switch is pressed with the driver door open, all the doors will lock and only the driver door will unlock. If the vehicle is off and locking is requested while a door is open, when all doors are closed the vehicle will check for remote keys inside. If an remote key is detected and the number of remote keys inside has not reduced, the driver door will unlock and the horn will chirp three times Lockout Protection can be manually overridden by pressing and holding on the power door lock switch.
Open Door Anti-Lockout
If Open Door Anti-Lockout is turned on and the vehicle is off, the driver door is open, and locking is requested, all the doors will lock and the driver door will unlock. The Open Door Anti-Lockout feature can be turned on or off. To view available settings from the infotainment screen, touch Settings > Vehicle > Power Door Locks > Open Door Anti-Lockout.
The rear door safety locks prevent passengers from opening the rear doors from inside the vehicle
Manual Safety Locks
If equipped, the safety lock is on the inside edge of the rear doors.
To use the safety lock:
- Move the lever down to the lock position.
- Close the door.
- Do the same for the other rear door.
To open a rear door when the safety lock safety lock:
- Unlock the door by activating the inside handle, by pressing the power door lock switch, or by using the Remote Keyless Entry (RKE) transmitter.
- Open the door from the outside.
To open a rear door when the safety lock
- When the safety lock is enabled, adults and older children will not be able to open the rear door from the inside. Cancel the safety locks to enable the doors to open from the inside.
To cancel the safety lock:
- Unlock the door and open it from the outside.
- Move the lever up to unlock. Do the same for the other door.
Chevrolet Blazer 2023 Top Accessories
[amalinkspro_table id=”32452″ new-window=”on” nofollow=”on” addtocart=”off” /]
View Full User Guide: Chevrolet Blazer 2023 User Guide
Download Manuals: https://www.chevrolet.com/support/vehicle/manuals-guides