Kia Telluride Adjustment of Driver Position Memory and Manual Liftage
In terms of car innovation and driver-centered design, the 2023 Kia Telluride is a shining example. It provides a dynamic driving experience that goes beyond just getting behind the wheel. This great midsize SUV has a lot of features that were carefully chosen to make driving comfortable and easy. Kia’s dedication to personalized driving experiences is shown by the ability to adjust the driver position memory. This feature makes it easy for drivers to remember and recreate their preferred seating and mirror positions, making each trip an extension of their personal preferences. In addition, manual lifting, which is both useful and comfortable, makes it easier to get to the vehicle’s luggage area. This makes sure that Telluride’s design is both practical and flexible. This detailed guide takes you on an educational tour of these features, explaining what they do and how they change the driving experience, showing how Telluride’s commitment to improving the art of driving is shown.
Driver Position Memory System for Power Seat
A driver position memory system is provided to store and recall the driver seat, outside rearview mirror and Head-Up Display (HUD) position with a simple button operation.
By saving the desired position into the system memory, different drivers can reposition the driver seat based upon their driving preference. If the battery is disconnected, the desired seat position memory will need to be re-saved.
Driver seat/outside rearview mirror: Location
Head-Up Display (HUD): Height
Driver Position Memory System
Never attempt to operate the driver position memory system while the vehicle is moving.
This could result in loss of control, and an accident causing death or serious injury.
The driver position memory system requires a large amount of electric power.
Refrain from using the system when the engine is stopped to prevent battery discharge.
Storing Driver’s Seat Positions
- Place the ENGINE START/STOP button is ON while the vehicle stop.
- Adjust the driver’s seat and outside rearview mirror comfortable for the driver.
- Press SET button on the control panel. The system will beep once.
- Press one of the memory buttons (1 or 2) within 4 seconds after pressing the SET button. The system will beep twice when memory has been successfully stored.
When recalling an adjustment memory button while sitting in the vehicle, you can be surprised by the setting chosen if the memory has been adjusted by someone else. If that occurs, immediately push the seat position control switch in the direction of the desired position to stop further undesired movement.
Recalling positions from memory
Operate the following steps while the vehicle is stopped:
- To recall a position already stored in the memory, press the desired memory button (1 or 2). The system will beep once, then the driver’s seat will automatically adjust to the stored position.
If you adjust the control switch for the driver’s seat while the system is recalling the stored position, the seat will stop and then move in the direction that the control switch is moved.
Setting the Easy Access Function (if equipped)
The driver position memory system will move the driver’s seat automatically as follows:
The driver can turn off or set the driver’s seat settings in the user settings mode in the instrument cluster.
- Press the MODE button ( ) several times on the steering wheel until ‘User Settings’ menu appears on the LCD.
- Select ‘Convenience → Seat Easy Access → OFF/Normal/Extend’ and ‘Convenience → Seat upward/downward’ with the MOVE switch ( /) and the OK button on the steering wheel.
- It will move the driver’s seat rearward when the ENGINE START/STOP button is changed to the OFF position.
- It will move the driver’s seat forward when the ENGINE START/STOP button is changed to the ACC or START position and front driver’s door is opened.
- It will move the driver’s seat forward and upward when the ENGINE START/STOP button is in ON. It will move the driver’s seat backward and downward when the ENGINE START/STOP button is in OFF.
You can activate or deactivate this feature. Refer to “Vehicle settings (infotainment system)” on page 4-95.
The infotainment system may change after software updates. For more information, refer to the user’s manual provided in the infotainment system and the quick reference guide.
Upward/downward movement of the seat may not work when passengers get on/off the vehicle in order to prevent foot injuries in certain places.
Resetting the Driver Position Memory System
If the driver position memory system reset fails to work, initialize the system as follows.
How to initialize:
- Stop the car and open the driver’s door with the ENGINE START/STOP button in ON and the automatic shift lever in P (parking) position.
- Pull the driver’s seat forward as far as possible and have the seatback upright as much as possible using driver’s seat forward/backward adjustment and seatback angle
(recline) movement switches.
- Push SET button and seat forward movement switch button for 2 seconds simultaneously.
Initialization in the process:
- Initialization begins as the alarm sounds.
- The seat and seatback will automatically move backward. The alarm sound will continue while the system is in operation.
- Initialization will be all set after the seat and seatback move to the center with an alarm sound being raised. However, the initialization process will come to a stop and the alarm sound will stop as well.
- When pushing the driving position memory system button
- When pushing the driver’s seat height adjustment switch
- When the driving speed exceeds 2 mph (3 km/h)
- When the driver’s door is closed
- When the operation of the driver’s seat and alarm sound stop during the initialization process, start the process again.
- Make sure that there are no obstacles around the driver’s seat before starting initialization.
- When the initialization is finished, adjust the seat to a position comfortable for the driver and save it to the driver position memory system.
When you open the liftgate, you will see a space where you can load the cargo.
Opening the Manual Liftgate
The liftgate is locked or unlocked when all doors are locked or unlocked with the key, smart key or central door lock/unlock switch.
Make certain that you close the liftgate before driving your vehicle. Possible damage may occur to the liftgate gas lifters and attached hardware if the liftgate is not closed prior to driving.
- Only the liftgate is unlocked if the liftgate unlock button on the transmitter or smart key is pressed for approximately 1 second.
- If unlocked, the liftgate can be opened by pressing the handle and pulling it up.
- Once the liftgate is opened and then closed, the liftgate locks automatically. (All doors must be locked.)
In cold and wet climates, door lock and door mechanisms may not work properly due to freezing conditions.
The liftgate swings upward. Make sure no objects or people are near the rear of the vehicle when opening the liftgate.
Closing the Manual Liftgate
Lower and push down the liftgate firmly. Make sure that the liftgate is securely latched.
Make sure your hands, feet and other parts of your body are safely out of the way before closing the liftgate.
The liftgate should always be kept completely closed while the vehicle is in motion. If it is left open or ajar, poisonous exhaust gases may enter the car and serious illness or death may result.
Opening the Manual Liftgate in the Emergency
Your vehicle is equipped with the emergency liftgate safety release lever located on the bottom of the liftgate. When someone is inadvertently locked in the luggage compartment.
The liftgate can be opened by doing as follows:
- Input the mechanical key into the hole.
- Push the mechanical key to the right (1).
- Push the liftgate upwards.
- No one should be allowed to occupy the cargo area of the vehicle at any time. The cargo area is a very dangerous location in the event of a crash.
- Use the release lever for emergencies only. Use with extreme caution, especially while the vehicle is in motion.
Make sure there are no people or objects around the liftgate before opening or closing the liftgate. Wait until the liftgate is open fully and stopped before loading or unloading cargo from the vehicle.
Do not grasp the part supporting the liftgate (gas lifter), as this may cause serious injury.
What is the Driver Position Memory System for the power seat in the Kia Telluride 2023?
The Kia Telluride 2023’s Driver Position Memory System enables the driver to save and recall their preferred seat position. With the push of a button, it allows different seat configurations for multiple drivers to be automatically adjusted.
How many driver positions can be saved using the Driver Position Memory System?
The Driver Position Memory System in the Kia Telluride 2023 has space for up to two driver positions. This enables the saving of preferred seat positions for quick recall by two different drivers.
How do I save my preferred seat position using the Driver Position Memory System?
Adjust the seat, including the seat position, seatback recline, and lumbar support, to save your preferred seating position. Press and hold one of the memory buttons (M1 or M2) once you are in the desired position until you hear a chime. For that specific driver position, the current seat settings will be saved.
How do I recall my saved seat position using the Driver Position Memory System?
Press the corresponding memory button (M1 or M2) for the desired position to recall your previously saved seat position. You will have a cozy and customized seating position thanks to the seat’s automatic adjustment to the saved settings.
Can I adjust other seat settings along with the seat position using the Driver Position Memory System?
The Driver Position Memory System can save and recall additional seat settings, such as seatback recline, lumbar support, and seat cushion extension (if equipped), in addition to the seat position. This makes it possible to fully adjust the seat to suit your preferences.
Does the Driver Position Memory System remember other driver-specific settings besides the seat position?
The Driver Position Memory System was created specifically to remember and store seat positions. Other driver-specific settings, such as preferred climate control or audio settings, are not remembered.
Can I program the Driver Position Memory System to automatically adjust the mirrors and steering wheel as well?
The Driver Position Memory System in the Kia Telluride 2023 is solely concerned with power seat adjustments. It excludes the steering wheel’s and mirrors’ automatic adjustments.
Can I delete or overwrite a saved driver position using the Driver Position Memory System?
A previously saved driver position may be deleted or overwritten. Simply move the seat to the desired position, then press and hold the M1 or M2 memory button until you hear a chime. The previous seat settings for that particular memory position will be replaced by the new ones.
Does the Kia Telluride 2023 have a manual liftgate?
Yes, a manual liftgate is included with the Kia Telluride 2023. It enables manual rear liftgate opening and closing without the use of power assistance.
Can the manual liftgate be opened from the driver’s seat?
The Kia Telluride 2023’s manual liftgate cannot be opened from the driver’s seat, no. It needs to be manually operated from the outside of the car.
How do I open the manual liftgate of the Kia Telluride 2023?
Simply find the liftgate handle on the vehicle’s rear exterior to operate the manual liftgate. The liftgate will unlock if you pull the handle in your direction. To fully open it, you can then manually lift it.
Is there a specific way to close the manual liftgate?
Push the manual liftgate down firmly until it latches shut to close it. Before you start driving, make sure it is completely closed and locked.
Does the manual liftgate have any safety features?
Although the manual liftgate lacks power operation, it is built with a locking mechanism to guarantee that it remains securely closed while driving and is equipped with safety features like an automatic sensor.
Can the manual liftgate be locked and unlocked remotely?
No, the manual liftgate lacks the ability to remotely lock and unlock. Only the central locking system inside the car or the vehicle’s key can manually lock and unlock it.
Does the Kia Telluride 2023 offer a power liftgate as an option?
Yes, a power liftgate is an option for the Kia Telluride 2023. Depending on the trim level and optional packages chosen, the power liftgate offers the convenience of opening and closing the liftgate automatically with the touch of a button or through a hands-free feature.
View Full User Guide: Kia Telluride 2023 User Guide | Auto User Guide
Download Manuals: https://owners.kia.com/content/owners/en/manuals.html
2023 Kia Telluride Specs, Price, Features and Mileage (Brochure)