Mercedes-Benz S-CLASS SEDAN 2023 Home Screen Overview User Manual
The Mercedes-Benz S-Class Sedan 2023 is a luxury car that comes with an advanced infotainment system, including a home screen that provides an overview of the car’s functions and settings. The home screen is designed to display different widgets and shortcuts that allow drivers to access various features and customize their driving experience. The S-Class Sedan’s home screen is customizable, enabling drivers to choose the widgets and shortcuts they use most frequently. Widgets include navigation display, audio controls, climate control settings, and vehicle information, among others. The system also allows drivers to customize the home screen background and choose from various themes and colors to suit their preferences. Moreover, the system offers voice control and touch screen capabilities, enabling drivers to access different features with ease. Overall, the home screen of the Mercedes-Benz S-Class Sedan 2023 provides a convenient and customizable interface that allows drivers to access and control the car’s different functions and settings with ease.
Home Screen Overview
- Status line
- Calls up user profile settings and switches the user
- Using the global search
- Calls up the Control Center: pull the bar down 5 Calls up favorites
- Displays in the status line
- Calls up an application
- Quick-access to application
- Global menu
- Calls up previous menu
- Press and hold: switches between the home screen and zero layer
- Previous track or previous radio station Ã¼ Next track or next radio station
During a telephone call, the call duration is displayed in the global menu 9.
The following functions are called up in the Control Center:
- Notifications Center
- Content sharing menu
- Vehicle quick-access
Content sharing menu in the Control Center
Example: showing displays
- Calls up a menu
- Central display with active content (cover display)
- Displays animation for content sharing
- Bluetooth® headphones connected to the right rear display
- Rear displays with active content (cover display)
MBUX rear tablet
To share content, drag a display and drop it over another display.
To control media playback, tap a display.
Operating the MB UX multimedia system
Using Touch Control
- Shows the home screen
- Touch Control
- Swipe in the direction of the arrow (navigate)
- Press (confirm)
- Returns to the previous display
- Makes or accepts a call
- Rejects or ends a call
- To increase volume: swipe upwards
- To reduce volume: swipe down
- Switches off the sound: press
- Calls up favorites (press briefly) or adds favorites (press and hold)
- Starts the MBUX Voice Assistant
You can navigate through menus and lists via the touch-sensitive surface of Touch Control 2 using a single-finger swipe, for example:
- To enter a character: select a character using the keyboard and press on Touch Control 2.
- To select a menu option: scroll in a list and press Touch Control 2.
- To move the digital map: swipe in any direction.
Using the touchscreen
Example: Control elements under the
- Fingerprint sensor
- Switches the MBUX multimedia system on or off
- Switches the mute function on/off
- Adjusts the volume
Press ± or q or swipe over the button
- To select a menu item or entry: tap on a symbol or an entry.
- To increase the map scale: tap twice quickly with one finger.
- To reduce the map scale: tap with two fingers.
- To enter characters with the keypad: tap on a button.
- To navigate in menus: swipe up, down, left or right.
- To use handwriting to enter characters: write the character with one finger on the touchscreen.
- To zoom in and out of the map: move two fingers together or apart.
- To enlarge or reduce the size of a section of a website: move two fingers together or apart.
- To turn the digital map: turn counter-clockwise or clockwise using two fingers.
- To move the digital map: touch the touchscreen and move your finger in any direction.
- To save the destination in the digital map: touch the touchscreen and hold until a message is shown.
- To set the volume on a scale: touch the touchscreen and move the finger to the left or right.
- To call up a global menu in the applications: touch the touchscreen and hold until the Options menu appears.
The function of the MBUX voice assistant
Risk of distraction from information systems and communications equipment
If you operate information systems and communication devices integrated in the vehicle when driving, you could be distracted from the traffic situation. This could also cause you to lose control of the vehicle.
- Only operate this equipment when the
traffic situation permits.
- If you cannot be sure of this, stop the vehicle whilst paying attention to road and traffic conditions and operate the equipment with the vehicle stationary.
For your own safety, always observe the following points when operating mobile communications equipment and especially your voice control system:
- Observe the legal requirements for the country in which you are driving.
- If you use the voice control system in an emergency your voice can change and your telephone call, e.g. an emergency call, can thereby be delayed.
- Familiarize yourself with the voice control system functions before starting the journey. Using the MBUX voice assistant, vehicle functions and various areas of the MBUX multimedia system can be operated by voice input. The MBUX voice assistant is operational approximately half a minute after switching on the vehicle and can be operated from all seats. Further information and examples of voice commands can be found in the Digital Operator’s Manual.
You can use the MBUX voice assistant to operate the following functions depending on the vehicle equipment:
- Text messages and e-mail
- Radio and media
- Vehicle functions
- Online functions
Full functionality of the voice control system is only available for you with the activation of online voice control.
Conducting a dialog
Starting a dialog
- Say “Hey Mercedes” to activate the MBUX voice assistant. Voice activation must be switched on in the multimedia system.
- Press the £ button on the multifunction steering wheel.
A blue line appears in the MBUX multimedia system. The dialog can be started.
For the dialog with the MBUX voice assistant, you can use complete sentences of colloquial language as voice commands. Voice activation can also be directly combined with a voice command, e.g. “Hey Mercedes, how fast can I drive?”.
Calling up help
- For information about the MBUX voice assistant: say “Hey Mercedes, what can you do?”
- Digital Operator’s Manual: “Show me the Operating functions (examples)
- To operate the navigation: “Search for an Asian restaurant, but not Japanese, in South Manhattan.”
- To operate the phone: “Call my father.”
- To change the system language to English (short command): “Change language to English”.
- To operate the radio: “Show me the list of radio stations.”
- To operate media: “Switch on the random playback.”
- To operate vehicle functions: “Switch the seat heating to level 2.”
- To operate online functions: “What’s the time in Sydney?”
- To ask a question about the vehicle: “Do I have Blind Spot Assist?”
Overview of the MBUX Interior Assistant
Risk of injury from the camera’s laser radiation
This product uses a classification 1 laser system. If the housing is opened or damaged, laser radiation may damage your retina.
- Do not open the housing.
- Always have maintenance work and repairs carried out by a qualified specialist workshop.
This product complies with the requirements of the FDA 21 CFR 1040.10 and 1040.11 with exception of the variations according to the FDA Laser Notice No. 50 from 24 June 2007.
The camera records image data for the applications, for example body, head and hand detection. The camera converts the image data directly into metadata. No image data is saved in the process. The data is only processed in the vehicle and is not transmitted from the vehicle.
When you start the vehicle, the MBUX Interior
Assistant has activated automatically. You can switch the Interior Assistant on or off. The setting is saved in your current user profile and is seat-specific. Via the user profile, this is also available in other vehicles with the MBUX Interior Assistant. This means that you only have to make the setting once and can take it with you to the other vehicle.
You can switch the Interior Assistant front and rear camera on and off using the Front and Rear. The selected camera settings (on/off) are not saved in the user profile and only apply to the current vehicle. If you change to another vehicle with the MBUX Interior Assistant, please check the settings and adjust them if necessary.
The MBUX Interior Assistant is equipped with front and rear cameras. Alternatively, a configuration with front camera only is also available. The front camera consists of two cameras that support the driver and the front passenger. The rear camera consists of two cameras that support the left and right rear seat passengers.
The MBUX Interior Assistant records the vehicle occupants via 3D laser cameras. The cameras of front camera are located in the overhead control panel. The cameras of the rear camera are located in the roof bows.
The Assistant detects interactions of the vehicle occupants via the cameras. It interprets the natural hand, head and body movements of the vehicle occupants either in context or at their explicit request. The Assistant can thus automatically trigger vehicle interior functions and assist appropriately to the situation.
- Arrangement of the cameras of the front camera in the overhead control panel
Arrangement of the rear camera in the roof bows
The Assistant supports vehicle and infotainment functions at three interaction levels:
The Assistant recognizes vehicle occupants automatically and activates functions.
The Assistant recognizes the natural body language of a vehicle occupant and carries out functions automatically, appropriate to the situation.
The vehicle occupant actively requests a function using a hand movement or pose.
The Assistant offers functions for the following:
The Assistant supports vehicle occupants with the use of restraint systems.
The Assistant enhances comfort by automating functions inside the vehicle and supporting natural interaction with the vehicle.
The vehicle occupants can carry out a favorite function with a hand pose.
System limits, display messages, and notes for rectification The error messages are shown on the central display, for example.
The system may be impaired or may not function in the following situations:
- The cameras may heat up during operation. As a result, the cameras may switch off temporarily, particularly during long periods of operation and at high outside temperatures.
Do not touch or cover the cameras. Wait until the cameras have cooled down and are available again. The Interior Assistant Unavailable Further Information to Follow message appears. You receive a message when the camera is available again.
- The front or rear camera is covered, dirty, fogged up or scratched.
Wait until the camera has cooled down before cleaning the camera cover. The Currently Unavailable See Operator’s Manual message appears.
Clean the outside of the camera and cover with a dry or damp cotton cloth. Do not use microfiber cloths. Do not remove the cover when cleaning.
- A vehicle occupant is very large. Clothing being worn (gloves, hat, scarf, color of clothing) or objects carried on a person, for example a watch with a large face, are affecting the camera view. Or the detection range of the camera is restricted.
The Interior Assistant availability for the driver is limited, see Operator’s Manual message appears.
Keep the camera’s field of vision clear.
Objects in the detection range of the camera can restrict the camera view. Please make sure that no objects hang on the inside rear-view mirror, for example.
- The MBUX Interior Assistant is faulty.
The Interior Assistant Not Available. Please contact your Mercedes-Benz dealer. message appears.
Consult an authorized Mercedes-Benz Center.
- Vehicles with rear bench seat: as soon as the center rear seat is occupied, the rear seat functions are not supported.
The Interior Assistant in rear is currently unavailable, see the operator’s manual message appears.
To use the Interior Assistant in the rear passenger compartment, keep the center rear seat free.
- What is the home screen in the Mercedes-Benz S-Class Sedan 2023?
The home screen is an interface that displays various widgets and shortcuts on the infotainment system of the Mercedes-Benz S-Class Sedan 2023, offering an overview of the car’s functions and settings.
- What features are displayed on the home screen of the S-Class Sedan?
Widgets and shortcuts include navigation, audio controls, climate control settings, vehicle information, and many others.
- Can the home screen be customized?
Yes, the home screen features a customizable layout, and drivers can choose the widgets and shortcuts that they use most frequently, as well as the background and theme color.
- Does the S-Class Sedan’s infotainment system offer voice control?
Yes, the system offers voice control and touch screen capabilities, allowing drivers to access different features with ease.
- Is the home screen easy to use?
Yes, the home screen is designed to be user-friendly and intuitive, offering quick access to the car’s various functions and settings.
- What is the advantage of having a home screen on the infotainment system?
The home screen provides an overview of the car’s functions and settings, allowing drivers to easily access and control them without having to navigate through multiple menus and sub-menus.
- Can drivers add or remove widgets from the home screen?
Yes, drivers can customize the home screen by adding or removing widgets and shortcuts, depending on their preferences and needs.
- Does the home screen display notifications?
Yes, the home screen can display notifications for incoming calls, messages, and other alerts.
- What is the resolution of the home screen display?
The resolution of the home screen display is high, providing clear and sharp images and graphics.
- Can the home screen be synchronized with a smartphone?
Yes, the home screen can be synchronized with a smartphone, allowing drivers to access their phone’s contacts, messages, and other features.
- Does the home screen offer different viewing modes?
Yes, the home screen offers different viewing modes, including a split-screen mode that allows drivers to view multiple widgets and functions simultaneously.
- Can the home screen be controlled by the passenger?
Yes, the home screen can be controlled by the passenger using the touch screen or voice control, allowing them to access and control different features.
- What is the purpose of the home screen shortcuts?
Shortcuts provide quick access to frequently used functions and settings, saving drivers time and effort.
- How many widgets can be displayed on the home screen?
The number of widgets that can be displayed on the home screen depends on the size of the screen and the layout chosen by the driver.
- Does the home screen offer different languages?
Yes, the home screen can be set to different languages, allowing drivers to choose the one that they are most comfortable with.
View Full User Guide: Mercedes-Benz S-CLASS SEDAN 2023 User Manual
Download Manuals: https://www.mbusa.com/en/owners/manuals