Ducati DesertX 2023
The Ducati DesertX 2023 is an adventure motorbike with the spirit of exploration and the ability to go off-road. The DesertX was made to handle rough terrains with style and accuracy. It has a rugged but sleek design that shows off its off-road skills. The DesertX has a powerful engine that gives it great speed and responsive power, making it easy for riders to handle difficult terrain. Its advanced suspension system and tough tires give it great handling and stability on uneven ground, and its comfortable seating position and well-designed controls make sure the ride is smooth and fun. With its modern technology and safety features, like traction control and anti-lock brakes (ABS), the DesertX gives you both speed and peace of mind on your adventures. With its beautiful design, powerful performance, and ability to go off-road, the Ducati DesertX 2023 is the perfect bike for riders who want to go on exciting trips off the beaten path.
The roadside assistance services include:
- Roadside assistance and towing
- Information Service
- Transport of passengers following roadside assistance
- Return of passengers or continuation of the journey
- Recovery of the repaired or found a motorcycle
- Repatriation of the motorcycle from abroad
- Search and sending of spare parts abroad
- Hotel expenses
- Recovery of the motorcycle off the road in case of an accident
- Advance payment of bail abroad and may be requested in the following countries: Andorra, Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France (including Corsica, roads open to ordinary traffic) Fyrom (the former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia), Germany, Gibraltar, Greece, Ireland, Iceland, Italy (including San Marino and the Vatican), Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Montenegro, Norway, the Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Monaco, United Kingdom, Czech Republic, Romania, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, Ukraine, Hungary.
All information is detailed and available on the Ducati website of the respective country.
Call Centre telephone numbers
To request Assistance:
Event in the country of origin: call the toll-free number for your country as specified in the first column of the table.
Event out of the country of origin: call the paid number for your country including the prefix, as specified in the second column of the table. Should you have any problems in calling the number for your country from abroad, dial the phone number of the country where the Event has occurred.
Some components of the motorbike are operated by or involve the use of the software. Such software may be subject to or require updates.
- Any updates that may be necessary to ensure the safety of the motorbike will be communicated by Ducati and made available for installation at the Ducati Service network.
- Information on updates that may be necessary to maintain the conformity of the motorbike is published on the Ducati website and the updates are made available, for two years from the date of purchase of the motorbike or for the longer term of the conventional warranty (if active for the motorbike), for installation at the Ducati Service network.
- Further updates and new versions of the software will be made available, in compliance with the motorbike maintenance schedule indicated in this Owner’s Manual, for installation at the Ducati Service network when the motorbike is serviced. We invite you to periodically consult the section of the Ducati website dedicated to updates and to download and install the My Ducati App to keep informed of available updates.
In order to maintain the motorbike’s legal and, if applicable, conventional warranty of conformity (if applicable), you are required to install the updates made available as soon as possible and, in any case, within a reasonable period of time, also taking into account the importance of the update.
If the updates are not installed within a reasonable period of time, Ducati shall not be liable for any conformity or safety defects deriving from the failure to install the update.
General warranty conditions
- Ducati Motor Holding S.p.A. – A Sole partner company- a Company of the Audi Group, with headquarters in via Cavalieri Ducati no. 3, 40132, Bologna, Italy (hereafter “Ducati”) – guarantees anywhere in the world where its official service network is present (see “World Dealer Guide” available at www.ducati.com) that all of its new motorcycles, manufactured for road use, for a period of twenty-four (24) months with no mileage/km limitation from the delivery date of the motorcycle to the first owner, shall be free of defects in workmanship as ascertained and recognized by Ducati.
- In such cases, the Customer has the right to the repair or replacement of defective parts, free of charge.
- The defective parts replaced under warranty become the property of Ducati.
- The new parts replaced under warranty or repaired are covered by warranty for the remaining outstanding warranty period of the motorcycle. 1.5 Also, through a specific insurance policy taken out with ACI GLOBAL S.p.A, Ducati offers the Customer additional roadside assistance services in the Countries listed in the “Owner’s Manual”, according to the specific terms and procedures reported therein, which are here fully referred to. 1.6 These general warranty conditions (hereinafter the “Warranty Conditions”) do not affect the remedies for lack of conformity against the seller that the consumers have at their disposal by law, free of charge, in accordance with European regulations, as implemented in Italy by Legislative Decree no. 206 of 6 September 2005, and following amendments (so-called Codice del Consumo or Consumer Code): In the event, any one provision of these Warranty Conditions should conflict with mandatory law in force in the country of residence or domicile of the “consumer” such provision shall be treated as null and void.
- This warranty offered by Ducati is not applicable to:
- motorcycles used in sporting competitions of any kind;
- motorcycles used in rental service;
- parts subject to wear and tear during normal operation of the motorcycle (such as for example tyres, final drive, belts, flexible cables, spark plugs, brake and clutch parts subject to friction, the vehicle battery if not properly maintained using the Ducati battery maintainer);
- defects deriving from oxidation or caused by atmospheric agents extraordinary environmental conditions or circumstances or due to irregular or improper washing of the motorcycle;
- Without prejudice to the provisions of the mandatory provisions for the protection of the consumer relating to the legal warranty pursuant to the national regulations transposing and implementing European legislation in the countries belonging to the European Union, the Customer cannot exercise this conventional warranty for damage/defects that are unrelated to the production process such as, by way of example, any damage/defect deriving from:
- negligence in the execution of the Scheduled Maintenance Plan specified by Ducati in article 5 below;
- incorrect maintenance or repair operations carried out by parties other than the Ducati Authorised Dealers and/or Service Centres;
- assembly of spare parts or accessories whose use is not approved by Ducati;
- failure to comply with the prescriptions for the use of the vehicle and its equipment as indicated in the Owner’s Manual;
- modifications to the vehicle made by the Customer and/or third parties without the express approval of Ducati;
- Customer’s failure to adhere to any recall campaigns planned by Ducati.
- Procedure for claiming the warranty
To activate this warranty and maintain its validity, the Customer is required to:
- report any motorcycle defects to one of the Ducati Dealers and/or Authorised Service Centres listed on the website www.ducati.com as soon as possible with respect to the time of their discovery, in order to reduce the consequences that such defects may have on the functionality and safety of the motorcycle;
- comply with the scheduled maintenance plan foreseen in art. 5 of these warranty conditions;
- keep adequate documentation of any maintenance and/or repair work carried out on the vehicle (service booklet/receipts/invoices with details of the work carried out and the parts used). A copy of this documentation should be given to the Dealer/Authorised Service Centre from whom the warranty claim is made, who will be able to verify that the work has been carried out correctly.
- For tracking purposes necessary for the implementation of safety and technical update policies in the event of a change of motorcycle ownership, the new owner must notify Ducati of the change of ownership advising the Ducati Customer Service at the contact information available at www.ducati.com or at the Ducati Authorised Dealers and/or Service Centres within thirty (30) days after change of ownership date.
A: The 2023 Ducati DesertX is an adventure motorcycle designed for both on-road and off-road riding.
A: The 2023 DesertX is typically equipped with a twin-cylinder engine, though specific engine details may vary.
A: The engine displacement can vary, but it’s often around 937cc.
A: The power output may vary, but it’s generally in the range of 100 to 110 horsepower.
A: The DesertX is designed for a combination of on-road touring and off-road adventures, making it versatile for various riding experiences.
A: The DesertX typically comes equipped with long-travel suspension for off-road capability.
A: Yes, the DesertX often includes advanced electronics such as multiple riding modes, traction control, and ABS.
A: Color options may vary by region, but Ducati typically offers a range of colors to choose from.
A: Yes, the DesertX often comes with adjustable suspension settings to cater to various terrains and rider preferences.
A: Yes, the DesertX typically features a substantial fuel tank to support longer journeys.
A: Ducati often offers accessory packages that include items like luggage, crash protection, and other add-ons to customize the DesertX.
A: The specific tire choice may vary, but the DesertX often uses knobby tires suitable for off-road terrain.
A: Some versions of the DesertX might have compatibility with navigation systems or smartphone integration for navigation purposes.
A: Fuel efficiency can vary depending on riding conditions and throttle usage, but the DesertX is typically designed to provide reasonable fuel economy.
A: Competitors in the adventure motorcycle segment might include models from manufacturers like BMW, KTM, Honda, and Triumph, among others.