KTM 390 Duke 2021
The KTM 390 Duke is a popular naked sport motorcycle offered by KTM. As of my knowledge cutoff in September 2021, the most recent model year available for the KTM 390 Duke is 2021.
Here is an introduction to the KTM 390 Duke 2021, highlighting its key features and highlights:
- Engine: The bike is powered by a 373.2cc single-cylinder, liquid-cooled engine. It features fuel injection and produces a healthy amount of power and torque. The engine is known for its responsiveness and thrilling performance, making it suitable for both urban commuting and spirited riding.
- Design and Styling: The KTM 390 Duke sports a distinctive and aggressive design. It features sharp lines, a compact body, and a minimalist appearance. The exposed trellis frame and angular bodywork give the bike a muscular and athletic look.
- Chassis and Suspension: The motorcycle is built on a lightweight steel trellis frame that offers excellent rigidity and handling characteristics. It features high-quality suspension components, including an adjustable WP Apex upside-down front fork and a WP Apex rear shock absorber. The suspension setup provides a good balance between comfort and sporty performance.
- Electronics and Technology: The KTM 390 Duke is equipped with modern electronics and technology. It features a full-color TFT display that provides essential information to the rider, such as speed, gear position, fuel level, and more. The bike also incorporates a ride-by-wire throttle system, allowing for precise throttle control, and it includes advanced safety features such as Bosch ABS and a slipper clutch.
- Ergonomics and Comfort: The bike is designed for rider comfort and control. It features an upright riding position, wide handlebars, and a well-padded seat, providing a comfortable and commanding riding stance. The ergonomics make the KTM 390 Duke suitable for both city commuting and longer rides.
- Brakes and Safety: The KTM 390 Duke is equipped with high-performance braking components, including a radial-mounted four-piston front caliper and a large front disc. It offers excellent stopping power and control. The bike also features advanced safety features such as Bosch ABS, which ensures optimal braking performance and stability.
- Connectivity and Accessories: The KTM 390 Duke 2021 may come with optional connectivity features through KTM’s My Ride smartphone integration system. This allows riders to pair their smartphones with the bike’s display, enabling access to calls, music, and turn-by-turn navigation.
Overall, the KTM 390 Duke 2021 is a lightweight and agile naked sports motorcycle that offers an exciting riding experience. It combines a powerful engine, sporty handling, and modern features, making it a popular choice for riders looking for a dynamic and versatile street bike.
KTM sport motorcycles are designed and constructed to meet the normal demands of regular road operation but not for use on race courses or offroad.
The motorcycle is authorized for public road traffic in the homologous version only.
The vehicle must only be used as intended. Dangers can arise for people, property and the environment through use not as intended. Any use of the vehicle beyond the intended and defined use constitutes misuse. Misuse also includes the use of operating and auxiliary fluids which do not meet the required specification for the respective use.
A number of safety instructions need to be followed to operate the product described safely. Therefore read this instruction and all further instructions included carefully. The safety instructions are highlighted in the text and are referred to at the relevant passages.
Various information and warning labels are attached in prominent locations on the product described. Do not remove any information or warning labels. If they are missing, you or others may not recognize the dangers and may therefore be injured.
Degrees of risk and symbols
Identifies a danger that will immediately and invariably lead to fatal or serious permanent injury if the appropriate measures are not taken.
Identifies a danger that is likely to lead to fatal or serious injury if the appropriate measures are not taken.
Identifies a danger that may lead to minor injuries if the appropriate measures are not taken.
Identifies a danger that will lead to considerable machine and material damage if the appropriate measures are not taken.
Indicates a danger that will lead to environmental damage if the appropriate measures are not taken.
Tampering with the noise control system is prohibited. Federal law prohibits the following acts or the causing thereof:
- The removal or rendering inoperative by any person other than for purposes of servicing, repair, or replacement, of any device or element of design incorporated into any new vehicle for the purpose of noise control prior to its sale or delivery to the ultimate purchaser or while it is in use, or 2 the use of the vehicle after such device or element of the design has been removed or rendered inoperative by any person.
Among those acts presumed to constitute tampering are the acts listed below:
- Removal or puncturing of the main silencers, baffles, header pipes, or any other components which conduct exhaust gases.
- Removal or puncturing of parts of the intake system.
- Lack of proper maintenance.
- Replacing moving parts of the vehicle, or parts of the exhaust system or intake system, with parts other than those specified by the manufacturer.
The danger of accidents A rider who is not fit to ride poses a danger to him or herself and others.
- Do not operate the vehicle if you are not fit to ride due to alcohol, drugs, or medication.
- Do not operate the vehicle if you are physically or mentally impaired.
The danger of poisoning Exhaust gases are toxic and inhaling them may result in unconsciousness and death.
- Always make sure there is sufficient ventilation when running the engine.
- Use effective exhaust extraction when starting or running the engine in an enclosed space.
The danger of burns Some vehicle components become very hot when the vehicle is operated.
- Do not touch any parts such as the exhaust system, radiator, engine, shock absorber, or brake system before the vehicle parts have cooled down.
- Let the vehicle parts cool down before you perform any work on the vehicle.
Only operate the vehicle when it is in perfect technical condition, in accordance with its intended use, and in a safe and environmentally compatible manner. An appropriate driver’s license is needed to ride the vehicle on public roads. Have malfunctions that impair safety are promptly eliminated by an authorized KTM workshop. Adhere to the information and warning labels on the vehicle.
Risk of injury Missing or poor protective clothing presents an increased safety risk.
- Wear appropriate protective clothing such as helmets, boots, gloves as well as trousers, and a jacket with protectors on all rides.
- Always wear protective clothing that is in good condition and meets the legal regulations.
In the interest of your own safety, KTM recommends that you only operate the vehicle while wearing protective clothing.
Unless specified otherwise, the ignition must be turned off during all work (models with the ignition lock, models with remote key) or the engine must be at a standstill (models without ignition lock or remote key). Special tools are necessary for certain tasks. The tools are not a component of the vehicle but can be ordered using the number in parentheses. Example: bearing puller (15112017000) During assembly, use new parts to replace parts that cannot be reused (e.g. self-locking screws and nuts, expansion screws, seals, sealing rings, O-rings, pins, and lock washers). In the case of certain screws, a screw adhesive (e.g. Loctite®) is required. Observe the manufacturer’s instructions. If a thread locker (e.g., Precote®) has already been applied to a new part, do not apply any additional thread locker. After disassembly, clean the parts that are to be reused and check them for damage and wear. Change damaged or worn parts. After completing a repair or service work, check the operating safety of the vehicle.
If you use your motorcycle responsibly, you can ensure that problems and conflicts do not occur. To protect the future of the motorcycle sport, make sure that you use your motorcycle legally, display environmental consciousness, and respect the rights of others. When disposing of used oil, other operating and auxiliary fluids, and used components, comply with the laws and regulations of the respective country.
Because motorcycles are not subject to the EU regulations governing the disposal of used vehicles, there are no
legal regulations that pertain to the disposal of an end-of-life motorcycle. Your authorized KTM dealer will be glad
to advise you.
Read this owner’s manual carefully and completely before making your first trip. The Owner’s Manual contains useful information and many tips on how to operate, handle, and service your motorcycle. This is the only way to find out how best to customize the vehicle for your own use and how you can protect yourself from injury.
Store the Owner’s Manual on your terminal device, for example, so that you can read it whenever you need to. If you would like to know more about the vehicle or have questions on the material you read, please contact an authorized KTM dealer. The Owner’s Manual is an important component of the vehicle. If the vehicle is sold, the Owner’s Manual must be downloaded again by the new owner. The Owner’s Manual can be downloaded several times using the QR code or the link on the delivery certificate. The Owner’s Manual is also available for download from your authorized KTM dealer and on the KTM website. A printed copy can also be ordered from your authorized KTM dealer.
International KTM Website: KTM.com
Manufacturer warranty implied warranty
The work prescribed in the service schedule must only be carried out in an authorized KTM workshop and confirmed in the KTM Dealer.net, as otherwise, all warranty claims will be void. Damage or secondary damage caused by tampering with and/or conversions on the vehicle is not covered by the manufacturer’s warranty.
Fuel, auxiliary substances
Environmental hazard Improper handling of fuel is a danger to the environment.
- Do not allow fuel to enter the groundwater, the soil, or the sewage system.
Use fuels and auxiliary substances in accordance with the Owner’s Manual and specifications.
Spare parts, accessories
For your own safety, only use spare parts and accessory products that are approved and/or recommended by KTM and have them installed by an authorized KTM workshop. KTM accepts no liability for other products and any resulting damage or loss. Certain spare parts and accessory products are specified in parentheses in the descriptions. Your authorized KTM dealer will be glad to advise you. The current KTM PowerParts for your vehicle can be found on the KTM website.
International KTM Website: KTM.com
Download Link: https://www.ktm.com/en-us/service/manuals.html