alliance RV paradigm 2021 Electric Slideout System User Manual
Electric Slideout System
We’re utilizing the electric slideout system in the upstairs portion of the RV, typically a bedroom slideout. All slideouts are operated at the central monitor panel shown below. This panel will be found relatively close to the entry door of the RV in a cabinet designed to house this panel. The slideout system should never be used for anything other purpose other than extending and retracting the slideout room itself. To use the system for any reason other than what it is designed for may result in death, serious injury or damage to the coach.
Operating Your Hydraulic Slideout System
Extending Your Electric Slideout
- Level the RV.
- Verify the battery is fully charged.
- Press and hold the room’s switch in the “OUT” position until the room is fully extended and stops moving.
- Release the switch, this will lock the room in the “OUT” position.
Retracting Your Electric Slideout
- Verify the battery is fully charged.
- Press and hold the room’s switch in the “IN” position until the room is fully retracted and stops moving.
- Release the switch, this will lock the room in the “IN” position.
NOTE: It is important to continue to press the slideout switch for a few seconds after the room is fully extended until the motor shuts off. The control will sense the room has stopped and shut the motor off automatically.
Electric Slideout Controller Overview
- Status LEDs: 2 LEDs, 1 green and 1 red, are provided to indicate current controller status and faults.
- Mode Button: Used to engage the electronic manual override.
- Power Connection: 12V DC input. Unit will operate from 8V DC to 18V DC.
- Switch Connection: Spade connection for the switch wiring.
- Motor 1 Connector: Power and encoder input for motor 1.
- Motor 2 Connector: Power and encoder input for motor 2.
Electric Slideout Controller Connections
- Connections & Motor Harness
NOTE: Motor harnesses have Molex connectors at the controller and a molded connector at the motor end (2 images shown above). Wire colors match with color codes on the control board. It does not matter which motor is 1 or 2.
alliance RV paradigm 2021 Top Accessories
[amalinkspro_table id=”32452″ new-window=”on” nofollow=”on” addtocart=”off” /]
Electric Slideout System Overview
Electric Slideout Motor and Harnesses
Check for proper connections between the motors and harnesses. Visually inspect the exposed harnesses to ensure they are not pinched or damaged.
Note: Ribs on motor connector lineup with notch inside of female connector on the wiring harness. Color codes on wires also match (black to black, red to red, etc.)
Adjusting / Resynchronizing the Electric Slideout Motors
- Run the slideout room all the way out.
NOTE: Keep the switch pressed until the motors shut down on their own.
- Bring the slideout back in 1‐2 inches.
- Repeat steps 1 and 2 until both motors shut down at the same time.
NOTE: It can take 3 or more attempts to successfully re‐sync the room.
- Run the slideout all the way out.
NOTE: Keep the switch pressed until the motors shut down on their own. Fully retract the slideout again. When both motors shut down at the same time at full extension and full retraction, the room is properly synced. If they do not shut down at the same time, repeat the process until they do.
Electric Slideout Troubleshooting
The electric slideout requires a minimum of a 30‐amp circuit breaker. Check the 12‐volt distribution center for blown circuit breakers and replace any if necessary. If the circuit breaker blows immediately upon replacement, there is a problem with the wiring to slideout the controller.
Check outside the RV for obstructions. Check inside the RV for any obstructions. Also, check for smaller objects that may be wedged under the floor or in the sides of unit. Remove any obstructions that exist. Check the sides of the slide room for any dirt or debris. Small dirt clumps or metal shavings can cause the spur gear to bind up and stop the slideout from moving. Use an air compressor or a dry brush to remove any dirt or debris from the rack before attempting to use the slideout again.
During operation when an error occurs, the board will use the LEDs to indicate where the problem exists (shown below).
For motor-specific faults the green LED will blink 1 time for motor 1, and 2 times for motor 2.
The red LED will blink 2 to 9 times depending on the error code. When an error code is present, the board needs to be reset. Energizing the slideout switch resets the board. Energize the slideout switch again for normal operation.
|2||Battery Drop Out||Battery capacity low enough to drop below 6 volts while running or short in switch wiring|
|3||Low Battery||Voltage below 8 volts at start of cycle|
|4||High Battery||Voltage greater than 18 volts|
|High amperage, also indicated by 1 side of slide continually stalling|
|6||Motor Short Circuit||Motor or wiring to motor has shorted out|
|8||Wire Short Between
Controller and Motor
|Encoder is not providing a signal. This is usually a wiring problem.|
|9||Hall Power Short to
|Power to encoder has been shorted to ground. This is usually a wiring problem.|
Electric Slideout Electronic Manual Override
- Press the mode button on the controller six times and hold on the seventh for five seconds to enter electronic manual override mode.
- Use the slideout switch to move both motors in or out. Note: Over‐current and short-circuit detection are still enabled. Electronic manual override provides 12‐volt directly to both motors.
- To exit this mode, push and hold the mode button until the LEDs begin to blink simultaneously. Exiting the override mode resets the motor positions which will require you to have to re‐sync the motors. Note: During this override procedure the motors are not synced. Visually watch the room, if one side is moving noticeably slower than the other (or not at all) then immediately stop and use the Motor Disengagement Procedure covered below.
View Full User Guide: alliance RV paradigm 2021 User Manual
Download Manuals: https://dev.alliancerv.com/owners-manuals