Lexus ES350 2023 Electronic Key Battery User Manual
A premium car made by Lexus, a part of the Japanese automaker Toyota, is the Lexus ES350 2023. Even though I don’t have specific information regarding the ES350 2023 model, I can provide you some general knowledge about the batteries used in electronic keys that are frequently used in automobiles. Electronic keys, commonly referred to as key fobs or keyless entry remotes, are made to make it easy to enter a car without a traditional key. The electronic parts of the key fob are often powered by a small battery in these keys. Depending on the model and manufacturer of the car, a different battery type may be utilized in an electronic key. The majority of electronic keys use “button cell” batteries, which are typically found in coins. These batteries typically contain lithium and are available in a range of sizes, including CR2032 and CR2025.
Usually, you must carry out the following actions in order to change the battery in an electronic key: Find the key fob’s battery compartment. To reach the battery, you might need to slide a panel or remove a small cover. Pay close attention to the old battery’s orientation as you carefully remove it from the chamber. Make sure the new battery is properly positioned and tightly fastened before inserting it into the compartment. Reattach the cover, or close the battery compartment.
Electronic Key Battery
Replace the battery with a new one if it is depleted.
If the electronic key battery is depleted
The following symptoms may occur:
- The smart access system with push-but-ton start and wireless remote control will not function properly.
- The operational range will be reduced.
When the card key battery needs to be replaced (if equipped)
The battery for the card key is available only at Lexus dealers. Your Lexus dealer can replace the battery for you.
Items to prepare
Prepare the following before replacing the battery:
- Flathead screwdriver
Small flathead screwdriver
Lithium battery CR2032
Use a CR2032 lithium battery
- Batteries can be purchased at your Lexus dealer, local electrical appliance shops or camera stores.
Replace only with the same or equivalent type recommended by the manufacturer.
- Dispose of used batteries according to the local laws.
Replacing the battery
- Take out the mechanical key.
- Remove the cover.
To prevent damage to the key, wrap the tip of the screwdriver with tape.
- Remove the depleted battery.
Insert a new battery with the “+” terminal facing up.
Observe the following precautions. Failure to do so may result in death or serious injury.
- Do not swallow the battery. Doing so may cause chemical burns.
A coin battery or button battery is used in the electronic key. If a battery is swallowed, it may cause severe chemical burns in as little as 2 hours and may result in death or serious injury.
Keep away new and removed batteries from children.
If the cover cannot be firmly closed, stop using the electronic key and stow the key in the place where children cannot reach, and then contact your Lexus dealer.
If you accidentally swallow a battery or put a battery into a part of your body, get emergency medical attention immediately.
To prevent battery explosion or leak-age of flammable liquid or gas
- Replace the battery with a new battery of the same type. If a wrong type of battery is used, it may explode.
- Do not expose batteries to extremely low pressure due to high altitude or extremely high temperatures.
- Do not burn, break or cut a battery.
For normal operation after replacing the battery
Observe the following precautions to prevent accidents:
- Always work with dry hands. Moisture may cause the battery to rust.
Do not touch or move any other component inside the remote control.
- Do not bend either of the battery terminals.
- How do I know when the battery in my Lexus ES350 2023 electronic key needs to be replaced?
If the electronic key’s battery is running low, you might notice a drop in its responsiveness or operating range. A cautionary message might also show up on the dashboard of the car.
- What type of battery does the Lexus ES350 2023 electronic key use?
A CR2032 lithium coin cell battery is typically used in the Lexus ES350 2023 electronic key.
- How do I replace the battery in my Lexus ES350 2023 electronic key?
Find the tiny slot or indentation on the key fob, pry it open with a small flathead screwdriver or a coin, and carefully remove the old battery to replace it. Reassemble the key fob after replacing the battery with the proper polarity (+/-).
- Where can I purchase a replacement battery for my Lexus ES350 2023 electronic key?
Electronics stores, auto parts stores, and online retailers all sell replacement batteries for the Lexus ES350 2023 electronic key.
- How long do the batteries in the Lexus ES350 2023 electronic key last?
Depending on usage, the battery life can vary, but generally speaking, the batteries in the electronic key can last between one and two years.
- Can I use a different type of battery in my Lexus ES350 2023 electronic key?
For optimum performance, it is advised to use the designated battery type (CR2032). It might not fit properly or deliver the same amount of power if you use a different kind of battery.
- Can I replace the battery in my Lexus ES350 2023 electronic key myself?
Yes, the owner can perform the straightforward task of changing the battery in the electronic key. If you have any questions, refer to the owner’s manual or a Lexus dealership.
- Will replacing the battery in my Lexus ES350 2023 electronic key affect its programming or functionality?
Replacing the battery shouldn’t have an impact on the electronic key’s programming or functionality. Even when the battery is changed, it is made so that the programming is retained.
- Is it necessary to reprogram the electronic key after replacing the battery in my Lexus ES350 2023?
After changing the battery, most of the time there is no need to reprogram the electronic key. The key ought to continue to work as it did before.
- What should I do with the old battery from my Lexus ES350 2023 electronic key?
Dispose of the old battery properly in accordance with local hazardous waste or recycling laws. Battery recycling programs are common in retail establishments and auto repair shops.
- Can a low battery in the electronic key affect other vehicle systems in my Lexus ES350 2023?
No, other vehicle systems shouldn’t be impacted by a low battery in the electronic key. The key itself could, however, become less functional or have a shorter range as a result.
- Can I use a key fob with a dead battery to manually unlock and start my Lexus ES350 2023?
Yes, you can manually unlock and start the car using the mechanical key blade or the hidden key inside the key fob even if the electronic key’s battery has died.
- How can I extend the battery life of my Lexus ES350 2023 electronic key?
Avoid keeping the key in close proximity to electronic devices that produce strong electromagnetic fields, such as cellphones or other key fobs, to increase battery life. Additionally, refrain from idly pressing the key fob’s buttons.
- Can extreme temperatures affect the battery life of the Lexus ES350 2023 electronic key?
Yes, exposure to extremely high or low temperatures can shorten the life of the electronic key’s batteries. The key should ideally be kept and used in areas with moderate temperatures.
- Can I use a key fob with a low battery to program a spare key for my Lexus ES350 2023?
It is not advised to program a spare key on a key fob with a low battery. The original key fob’s battery should be changed before starting any programming processes.