Toyota Camry 2023 Emergency Assistance
When it comes to cars, the 2023 Toyota Camry stands out as a strong protector of safety. Its many emergency help features set a new bar for protecting its passengers. The Camry has Toyota’s Safety Connect system, which is a multifaceted lifeline that is ready to help in times of emergency. This is to make sure that both the drivers and the guests are safe. This high-tech system has an automatic collision warning feature that can quickly call for help in the event of a crash, as well as a manual SOS button that can be used to get in touch with emergency services. It protects you even more by offering roadside assistance and a stolen car locator service. This makes it more than just a way to get around; it’s also a security guard on every trip. The 2023 Toyota Camry not only makes driving safer, but it also shows how peace of mind and quick help can work together to change the way we think about car security.
Safety Connect is a subscription-based telematics service that uses Global Positioning System (GPS) data and embedded cellular technology to provide safety and security features to subscribers. Safety Connect is supported by Toyota’s designated response centre, which operates 24 hours per day, 7 days per week. Safety Connect service is available by subscription on select, telematics hardware-equipped vehicles. By using the Safety Connect service, you are agreeing to be bound by the Telematics Subscription Service Agreement and its Terms and Conditions, as in effect and amended from time to time, a current copy of which is available at Toyota.com. All use of the Safety Connect service is subject to such then-applicable Terms and Conditions.
- “SOS” button
- LED light indicators
Subscribers have the following Safety Connect services available:
Automatic Collision Notification*
- Helps drivers receive a necessary response from emergency service providers.
- U.S. Patent No. 7,508,298 B2
- Stolen Vehicle Location
- Helps drivers in the event of vehicle theft.
- Emergency Assistance Button (“SOS”)
- Connects drivers to response-center support
- Enhanced Roadside Assistance
- Provides drivers various on-road assistance.
After you have signed the Telematics Subscription Service Agreement and are enrolled, you can begin receiving services. A variety of subscription terms are available for purchase. Contact your Toyota dealer, call the following or push the “SOS” button in your vehicle for further subscription details.
- The United States
Safety Connect Services Information
- Phone calls using the vehicle’s Bluetooth® technology will not be possible when Safety Connect is active and in use.
- Safety Connect is available beginning Fall 2009 on select Toyota models (in the contiguous United States only). Contact with the Safety Connect response center is dependent upon the telematics device being in operative condition, cellular connection availability, and GPS satellite signal reception, which can limit the ability to reach the response center or receive emergency service support. Enrollment and Telematics Subscription Service Agreement are required. A variety of subscription terms are available; charges vary by subscription term selected and location.
- Automatic Collision Notification, Emergency Assistance and Stolen VehicleLocation are available in the United States, including Hawaii and Alaska, Puerto Rico and Canada, and Enhanced Roadside Assistance are available in the United States, Puerto Rico and Canada.
- Automatic Collision Notification, Emergency Assistance, Stolen Vehicle and enhanced Road Assistance are not available in the U.S. Virgin Islands. For vehicles first sold in the U.S. Virgin Islands, no Safety Connect services will function in or outside the U.S. Virgin Islands.
- Safety Connect services are not subject to section 255 of the Telecommunications Act and the device is not TTY compatible.
The Safety Connect response centre will offer support in multiple languages. The Safety Connect system will offer voice prompts in English, Spanish, and French. Please indicate your language of choice when enrolling.
When contacting the response center You may be unable to contact the response center if the network is busy.
Safety Connect LED light Indicators
When the power switch is turned to ON, the red indicator light comes on for 2 seconds then turns off. Afterwards, the green indicator light comes on, indicating that the service is active. The following indicator light patterns indicate specific system usage conditions:
- Green indicator light on = Active service
- Green indicator light flashing = Safety Connect call in process
- Red indicator light (except at vehicle start-up) = System malfunction (contact your Toyota dealer)
- No indicator light (off) = Safety Connect service not active
Safety Connect services
Automatic Collision Notification
In case of either airbag deployment or severe rear-end collision, the system is designed to automatically call the response center. The responding agent receives the vehicle’s location and attempts to speak with the vehicle occupants to assess the level of emergency. If the occupants are unable to communicate, the agent automatically treats the call as an emergency, contacts the nearest emergency services provider to describe the situation, and requests that assistance be sent to the location.
Stolen Vehicle Location
If your vehicle is stolen, Safety Connect can work with local authorities to assist them in locating and recovering the vehicle. After filing a police report, call the Customer Experience Center at 1-800-331-4331 in the United States, and 1-888-869- 6828 in Canada, and follow the prompts for Safety Connect to initiate this service. In addition to assisting law enforcement with the recovery of a stolen vehicle, Safety-Connect-equipped vehicle location data may, under certain circumstances, be shared with third parties to locate your vehicle. Further information is available at Toyota.com.
Emergency Assistance Button (“SOS”)
In the event of an emergency on the road, push the “SOS” button to reach the Safety Connect response center. The answering agent will determine your vehicle’s location, assess the emergency, and dispatch the necessary assistance required. If you accidentally press the “SOS” button, tell the response centre agent that you are not experiencing an emergency.
Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Enhanced Roadside Assistance adds GPS data to the already included warranty-based Toyota roadside service. Subscribers can press the “SOS” button to reach a Safety Connect response centre agent, who can help with a wide range of needs, such as: towing, flat tires, fuel delivery, etc. For a description of the enhanced Roadside Assistance services and their limitations, please see the Safety Connect Terms and Conditions, which are available at Toyota.com in the United States, Toyotapr.com in Puerto Rico and Toyota.ca in Canada
Safety information for Safety Connect
Important! Read this information about exposure to radio frequency signals before using Safety Connect; The Safety Connect system installed in your vehicle is a low-power radio transmitter and receiver. It receives and also sends out radio frequency (RF) signals. In August 1996, the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) adopted RF exposure guidelines with safety levels for mobile wireless phones. Those guidelines are consistent with the safety standards previously set by the following U.S. and international standards bodies.
- ANSI (American National Standards Institute) C95.1 
- NCRP (National Council on Radiation Protection and Measurement) Report 86 
- ICNIRP (International Commission on Non-Ionizing Radiation Protection) 
Those standards were based on comprehensive and periodic evaluations of the relevant scientific literature. Over 120 scientists, engineers, and physicians from universities, and government health agencies and industries reviewed the available body of research to develop the ANSI Standard (C95.1). The design of Safety Connect complies with the FCC guidelines in addition to those standards.
Yes, the Toyota Camry 2023 is equipped with Toyota’s Safety Connect, which provides emergency assistance services.
Toyota Safety Connect is a subscription-based service that offers various safety and security features, including emergency assistance.
In the event of an emergency, you can press the SOS button located in the overhead console of the vehicle to connect with a response center for assistance.
The emergency assistance feature can be used for various emergencies, such as accidents, medical emergencies, or if you need roadside assistance.
Yes, the emergency assistance services are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, providing you with round-the-clock support.
When you activate the emergency assistance feature, the response center will have access to your vehicle’s location and other relevant information to assist you better.
Emergency assistance services are typically included in the Toyota Safety Connect subscription. However, it’s advisable to check with your local dealership for specific details.
In the Toyota Camry 2023, emergency assistance needs to be activated manually by pressing the SOS button.
Yes, emergency assistance can be utilized nationwide within the coverage area provided by Toyota Safety Connect.
Response times may vary depending on various factors such as location and call volume. However, the response center will make every effort to assist you as quickly as possible.
If you activate the emergency assistance feature accidentally, you can communicate with the response center and inform them of the situation.
The emergency assistance feature in the Toyota Camry 2023 relies on the vehicle’s built-in communication system, so it does not require a separate cellphone or network coverage.
Emergency assistance services are typically included as part of the Toyota Safety Connect subscription. However, it’s advisable to review the subscription details and any associated costs.
Yes, emergency assistance services can be accessed by multiple drivers of the same Toyota Camry 2023, as long as they have access to the vehicle and the necessary information.
The availability of the emergency assistance feature may depend on the specific terms and duration of the Toyota Camry 2023’s warranty. It’s recommended to consult the warranty documentation for precise information.