Lexus ES350 2023 Engine Ignition Switch User Manual
The Lexus ES350 2023’s Engine Ignition Switch is an essential part that makes it simple to start and stop the car’s engine. The Lexus ES350 is a premium vehicle with an advanced ignition system that is simple to use and built to be dependable.
Overall, the Lexus ES350 2023’s Engine Ignition Switch blends security, simplicity, and innovation to deliver a superior driving experience. Starting and stopping the engine is now a straightforward and dependable operation thanks to its user-friendly design and cutting-edge technologies, reflecting the luxury and sophistication for which the Lexus brand is known.
If the smart access system with push-button start has been deactivated in a customized setting.
When Starting the Engine
Always start the engine while sitting in the driver’s seat. Do not depress the accelerator pedal while starting the engine under any circumstances. Doing so may cause an accident result-ing in death or serious injury.
When Starting the Engine
- Do not race a cold engine.
- If the engine becomes difficult to start or stalls frequently, have your vehicle checked by your Lexus dealer immediately.
Symptoms Indicating a Malfunction with the Engine Switch
If the engine switch seems to be operating somewhat differently than usual, such as the switch sticking slightly, there may be a malfunction. Contact your Lexus dealer immediately.
Stopping the Engine
- Stop the vehicle completely.
- Set the parking brake, and shift the shift lever.
- Press the engine switch.
- Release the brake pedal and check that “ACCESSORY” or “IGNITION ON” is not shown on the meter.
Automatic Engine Shut-off Feature
- The vehicle is equipped with a feature that automatically shuts off the engine when the shift lever is in P with the engine running for an extended period.
- The engine will automatically shut off after approximately 1 hour if it has been left running while the shift lever.
- The timer for the automatic engine shut-off feature will reset if the brake pedal is depressed or if the shift lever is in a position.
- After the vehicle is parked, if the door is locked with the door lock switch from the inside or the mechanical key from the outside, the automatic engine shut-off feature will be disabled. The timer for the automatic engine shut-off feature will be re-enabled if the driver’s door is opened.
Locking the Door from Outside with the Engine Running
- With the driver’s door open, pull the driver’s door handle and insert the mechanical key.
- Turn the mechanical key counterclockwise.
- Pull out the mechanical key and close the door.
Stopping the Engine in an Emergency
- If you want to stop the engine in an emergency while driving the vehicle, press and hold the engine switch for more than 2 seconds, or press it briefly 3 times or more in succession.
However, do not touch the engine switch while driving except in an emergency. Turning the engine off while driving will not cause loss of steering or braking control, but the power assists to these systems will be lost. This will make it more difficult to steer and brake, so you should pull over and stop the vehicle as soon as it is safe to do so.
- If the engine switch is operated while the vehicle is running, a warning message will be shown on the multi-information display and a buzzer sounds.
- When restarting the engine after an emergency shutdown, shift the shift lever to N and press the engine switch shortly and firmly.
Exhaust gases include harmful carbon monoxide (CO), which is colorless and odorless. Observe the following precautions.
Failure to do so may cause exhaust gases to enter the vehicle and may lead to an accident caused by light-headedness, or may lead to death or a serious health hazard.
- If the vehicle is in a poorly ventilated area or a closed area, such as a garage, stop the engine.
- Do not leave the vehicle with the engine running for a long time. If such a situation cannot be avoided, park the vehicle in an open space and ensure that exhaust fumes do not enter the vehicle’s interior.
- Do not leave the engine running in an area with snow build-up, or where it is snowing. If snowbanks build up around the vehicle while the engine is running, exhaust gases may collect and enter the vehicle.
Changing Engine Switch Modes
Modes can be changed by pressing the engine switch with the brake pedal released. (The mode changes each time the switch is pressed.)
The emergency flashers can be used.
- ACCESSORY mode
Some electrical components such as the audio system can be used.
“ACCESSORY” will be displayed on the meter.
- IGNITION ON mode
All electrical components can be used.
“IGNITION ON” will be displayed on the meter.
- If the shift lever is in a position other than P when turning off the engine, the engine switch will be turned to ACCESSORY mode, not off.
Auto power off function
If the vehicle is left in the ACCESSORY mode for more than 20 minutes or IGNITION ON mode (the engine is not running) for more than an hour with the shift lever in P, the engine switch will automatically turn off. However, this function cannot entirely prevent battery discharge. Do not leave the vehicle with the engine switch in ACCESSORY or IGNITION ON mode for long periods of time when the engine is not running.
When stopping the engine with the shift lever in a position other than P
If the engine is stopped with the shift lever in a position other than P, the engine switch will not be turned off but instead be turned to ACCESSORY mode. Perform the following procedure to turn the switch off:
- If the parking brake is in manual mode, set the parking brake.
- Shift the shift lever to P.
- Check that “Turn Power Off” is displayed on the multi-information display and then press the engine switch once.
- Check that “Turn Power Off” on the multi-information display is turned off.
To prevent battery discharge
- Do not leave the engine switch in ACCESSORY or IGNITION ON mode for long periods of time without the engine running.
- If “ACCESSORY” or “IGNITION ON” is displayed on the meter, the engine switch is not off.
Exit the vehicle after turning the engine switch off.
- Do not stop the engine when the shift lever is in a position other than P. If the engine is stopped in another shift lever position, the engine switch will not be turned off but instead be turned to ACCESSORY mode. If the vehicle is left in ACCESSORY mode, battery discharge may occur.
- Where is the ignition switch located in the Lexus ES350 2023?
The Lexus ES350 2023 has an ignition switch on the steering column, typically close to the wheel.
- How do I start the engine using the ignition switch?
To start the vehicle, turn the ignition switch clockwise after inserting the key. In some versions, a push-button start may be available in place of a key.
- Can I start the engine without inserting the key?
If your Lexus ES350 2023 is equipped with a keyless entry system, you can start the engine by depressing the “Start/Stop” button while the key fob is still inside the car.
- What should I do if the engine doesn’t start when I turn the ignition switch?
Check to see whether the key is correctly inserted or if the key fob battery is not low if the engine won’t start. It is advised to seek help from a Lexus dealer or authorized service facility if the problem continues.
- Is there a way to turn off the engine using the ignition switch?
By twisting the ignition switch in the “Off” position anticlockwise, you can indeed turn the engine off.
- Can I remove the key from the ignition switch while the engine is running?
It is not advised to take the key out of the ignition while the car is running. The ignition system can be damaged as a result.
- How can I lock the steering wheel using the ignition switch?
Turn the ignition switch to the “Lock” position and remove the key to lock the steering wheel. The steering wheel will automatically lock as a result.
- Can I start the engine if the vehicle’s transmission is not in “Park”?
No, the engine cannot be started unless the vehicle’s gearbox is in the “Park” (or “Neutral” position for manual transmissions) position. This is done for safety reasons.
- Is there a way to start the engine remotely using the ignition switch?
The Lexus ES350 2023 lacks an integrated remote start system that works with the ignition switch. Nevertheless, some models might support remote starting using the Lexus smartphone app or key fob.
- What happens if I turn the ignition switch to the “Accessory” position?
Without starting the engine, you can turn the ignition switch to the “Accessory” position to turn on the radio and other electrical parts of the car. As a result, you can utilize these devices without starting the automobile all the way.
- Can I remove the key from the ignition switch while the vehicle is in motion?
It is not advised to take the key out of the ignition while the car is moving. Accidents may result from this interfering with the steering and ignition systems.
- How can I disable the ignition switch to prevent unauthorized use of the vehicle?
The Lexus ES350 2023 lacks a special feature that disables the ignition switch. However, you can take further security precautions, such as securing the car, protecting the key fob, or utilizing additional anti-theft technologies.
- Can I start the engine if the battery in the key fob is dead?
Despite a dead key fob battery, some Lexus cars can still be started manually. To ensure uninterrupted use, it is advised to replace the battery as soon as feasible.
- What should I do if the ignition switch becomes stiff or difficult to turn?
It is advised to have the ignition switch checked out and repaired by a skilled mechanic at a Lexus dealer or authorized service facility if you have trouble turning it.
- How can I get a replacement key or key fob for my Lexus ES350 2023?
It is advised that you get in touch with a Lexus dealer or authorized service facility to get a replacement key or key fob. They can help you order a new key and program it to function with your car.