2023 Cadillac Escalade Mirrors and Windows User Guide
The 2023 Cadillac Escalade is now available. It elevates luxury with improved mirrors and windows. The 2023 Cadillac Escalade brings opulence and innovation to a new level. This legendary luxury SUV, which combines eye-catching appearance, cutting-edge technology, and uncompromising performance, continues to set the bar for luxury driving. The 2023 Escalade advances in the mirror and window department, redefining comfort, security, and visibility. Mirrors: The Cadillac Escalade 2023 is equipped with cutting-edge mirror systems that maximize your field of vision while assuring the highest level of safety. This SUV delivers an enhanced field of vision, decreasing blind spots and improving your awareness of oncoming traffic because it is equipped with cutting-edge camera-based side mirrors. Real-time video feeds are provided by the high-resolution cameras, which seamlessly connect with the car’s infotainment system to increase your overall driving confidence.
- A convex mirror can make things, like other vehicles, look farther away than they really are. If you cut too sharply into the right lane, you could hit a vehicle on the right. Check the inside mirror or glance over your shoulder before changing lanes.
- The passenger side mirror is convex-shaped.
- A convex mirror surface is curved so more can be seen from the driver seat.
To adjust each mirror
- Press j or for the driver or passenger side mirror. The indicator light will illuminate.
- Press the arrows on the control pad to move the mirror in the desired direction.
- Adjust each outside mirror so that a little of the vehicle and the area behind it can be seen.
- Press j or again to deselect the mirror.
The vehicle may have memory mirrors. See Memory Seats.
Side Blind Zone Alert (SBZA)
The vehicle may have SBZA. See Side Blind Zone Alert (SBZA).
Lane Change Alert (LCA)
The vehicle may have LCA. See Lane Change Alert (LCA).
Power Folding Mirrors
press to power fold the mirrors. Press again to unfold.
The outside mirrors may automatically unfold when the vehicle is driven above 20 km/h (12 mph), but may be folded with the power folding mirror switch. If the vehicle speed is driven above 40 km/h (25 mph), they may automatically unfold and may not be refolded with the power folding mirror switch.
Resetting the Power Folding Mirrors
Reset the power folding mirrors if
- The mirrors are accidentally obstructed while folding.
- They are accidentally manually folded/ unfolded.
- The mirrors do not stay in the unfolded position.
- The mirrors vibrate at normal driving speeds.
Fold and unfold the mirrors one time using the mirror controls to reset them to their normal position. A noise may be heard during the resetting of the power folding mirrors. This sound is normal after a manual folding operation.
Remote Mirror Folding
If equipped with power folding mirrors and the mirrors have been folded with the power folding mirror switch, they may not be automatically unfolded.
with power folding mirrors and the mirrors have not been folded with the power folding mirror switch and the vehicle is in P (Park), they may be automatically folded/unfolded as follows
- If doors are locked by double pressing on the remote key, the mirrors will fold. If doors are unlocked by double pressing on the remote key, the mirrors will unfold. See Remote Key Operation.
- If doors are locked by pressing the door handle lock/unlock button, the mirrors will fold. If doors are unlocked by pressing the door handle button, the mirrors will unfold. See “Keyless Unlocking/Locking from the Driver Door” in Remote Key Operation.
- If passive locking is enabled and doors are locked by that feature, the mirrors will fold. See “Passive Locking” in Remote Key Operation.
This feature is turned on or off through vehicle personalization. To view available settings for this feature, touch the Settings icon on the infotainment home page. Select “Vehicle” to display the list of available options and select “Comfort and Convenience”.
The rear window defogger also heats the outside mirrors.
: Press to heat the outside mirrors. See “Rear Window Defogger” under Dual Automatic Climate Control System.
Automatic Dimming Mirror
The driver outside mirror automatically adjusts for the glare of the headlamps from behind. This feature comes on when the vehicle is started.
Reverse Tilt Mirrors
With reverse tilt mirrors and memory seats, the passenger and/or driver mirror tilts to a preselected position when the vehicle is in R (Reverse). This allows the curb to be seen when parallel parking.
The mirror(s) may move from their tilted position when:
- The vehicle is shifted out of R (Reverse), or remains in R (Reverse) for about 30 seconds.
- The vehicle is turned off.
- The vehicle is driven in R (Reverse) above a set speed.
To view available settings from the infotainment screen, touch Settings > Vehicle > Comfort and Convenience.
Interior Rearview Mirrors
Adjust the rearview mirror for a clear view of the area behind your vehicle.
Do not spray glass cleaner directly on the mirror. Use a soft towel dampened with water.
Automatic Dimming Rearview Mirror
The rearview mirror automatically dims to reduce the glare of the headlamps from behind. This feature comes on when the vehicle is started.
Rear Camera Mirror
This automatic dimming mirror provides a wide angle camera view of the area behind the vehicle.
Pull the tab to turn on the display. Push the tab to turn it off. When off the mirror is automatic dimming. Adjust the mirror for a clear view of the area behind the vehicle while the display is off.
- Press to scroll through the adjustment options.
- Press to adjust the settings using the indicators on the mirror. The indicators will remain visible for five seconds after the last button activation, and the settings will remain saved.
The adjustment options are
The Rear Camera Mirror (RCM) has a limited view. Portions of the road, vehicles, and other objects may not be seen. Do not drive or park the vehicle using only this camera. Objects may appear closer than they are. Check the outside mirrors or glance over your shoulder when making lane changes or merging. Failure to use proper care may result in injury, death, or vehicle damage.
See your dealer for service if a blue screen and are displayed in the mirror, and the display shuts off. Also, push the tab as indicated to return to the automatic dimming mode.
The Rear Camera Mirror may not work properly or display a clear image if
- There is glare from the sun or headlamps. This may obstruct objects from view. If needed, push the tab to turn off the display.
- Dirt, snow, or other debris blocks the camera lens. Clean the lens with a soft damp cloth, or, if equipped, with the Rear Camera Washer. See Rear Window Wiper/Washer.
- The camera’s mounting on the vehicle has been damaged, and/or the position or the mounting angle of the camera has changed.
Never leave a child, a helpless adult, or a pet alone in a vehicle, especially with the windows closed in warm or hot weather. They can be overcome by the extreme heat and suffer permanent injuries or even death from heat stroke.
The vehicle aerodynamics are designed to improve fuel economy performance. This may result in a pulsing sound when either rear window is down and the front windows are up. To reduce the sound, open either a front window or the sunroof.
Children could be seriously injured or killed if caught in the path of a closing window. Never leave the remote key in a vehicle with children. When there are children in the rear seat, use the window lockout switch to prevent operation of the windows. See Keys.
Power windows work when the ignition is on, in accessory mode, or when Retained Accessory Power (RAP) is active. See Retained Accessory Power (RAP).Using the window switch, press to open or pull to close the window. The windows may be temporarily disabled if they are used repeatedly within a short time.
This feature stops the rear passenger window switches from working.
- Press to engage the rear window lockout feature. The indicator light is on when engaged.
- Press again to disengage.
Window Express Movement
All windows can be opened without holding the window switch. Press the switch down fully and quickly release to express open the
If equipped, pull the window switch up fully and quickly release to express close the window.
Briefly press or pull the window switch in the same direction to stop that window’s express movement.
Window Automatic Reversal System
The express-close feature will reverse window movement if it comes in contact with an object. Extreme cold or ice could cause the window to auto-reverse. The window will operate normally after the object or condition is removed.
Automatic Reversal System Override
If automatic reversal system override is active, the window will not reverse automatically. You or others could be injured and the window could be damaged. Before using automatic reversal system override, make sure that all people and obstructions are clear of the window path.
When the engine is on, override the automatic reversal system by pulling and holding the window switch if conditions prevent it from closing.
Programming the Power Windows
Programming may be necessary if the vehicle battery has been disconnected or discharged. If the window is unable to express-up, program each express-close window:
- Close all doors.
- Turn the ignition on or to accessory mode.
- Partially open the window to be programmed. Then close it and continue to pull the switch briefly after the window has fully closed.
- Open the window and continue to press the switch briefly after the window has fully opened.
Remote Window Operation
With remote window open feature, press and hold on the remote key for about three seconds to open all windows. If equipped with remote window close feature, press and hold on the remote key for three seconds to close all windows. The vehicle must be off and the remote window operation must be enabled. To view available settings for this feature, touch the Settings icon on the infotainment home page. Select “Vehicle” to display the list of available options and select “Remote Lock, Unlock, Start”.
Pull the sun visor down to block glare. Detach the sun visor from the center mount to pivot to the side window and, if equipped, extend along the rod.
If equipped, the ignition must be on or in accessory mode, or Retained Accessory Power (RAP) must be active to operate the sunroof. See Ignition Positions 0 219 and Retained Accessory Power (RAP) .
While the sunroof always operates in express mode, movement can be stopped by pressing the switch again.
The sunroof cannot be opened or closed if the vehicle has an electrical failure.
- SLIDE Switch
- Power Sunshade Switch
- TILT Switch
- Press and release (1) to express-open to the fully open position. This vehicle may be equipped with a comfort stop position to prevent excessive wind noise. The sunroof will stop approximately halfway open during an express open. To fully open the sunroof, press and release (1) again.
- Pull and release (1) to express-close.
- Press or pull (1) again to stop at the desired location.
- Press and release (2) to express-open.
- Pull and release (2) to express-close.
- Press or pull (2) again to stop at the desired location.
Sunroof Vent Operation
- Press and release (3) to vent the sunroof.
- Pull and release(3) to close the sunroof vent.
Automatic Reversal System
The sunroof and power sunshade, if equipped, have an automatic reversal system that is only active when the sunroof and power sunshade are operated in express-close mode If an object is in the path while express-closing, the reversal system will detect an object, stop, and open the sunroof or power sunshade slightly. If this condition occurs, attempt to remove the object, then pull and release the switch to express close. If the reversal occurs multiple times, the DIC message OPEN THEN CLOSE SUNROOF will display, and express is disabled. To operate sunroof while express is disabled, the switch must be either pressed or pulled and held.
Dirt and debris may collect on the sunroof seal or in the track. This could cause an issue with sunroof operation or noise. It could also plug the water drainage system. Periodically open the sunroof and remove any obstacles or loose debris. Wipe the sunroof seal and roof sealing area using a clean cloth, mild soap, and water. Do not remove grease from the sunroof.
Yes, they are heated, which helps to clear frost and ice for greater visibility.
The 2023 Escalade is equipped with power-folding mirrors, which you may fold in for confined places.
For improved visibility and safety, turn signal indicators are included into the side mirrors, yes.
Yes, the 2023 Escalade has auto-dimming side and rearview mirrors to lessen glare.
Yes, it’s very convenient to be able to electronically adjust the side mirrors from the driver’s seat.
The 2023 Escalade has an auto-dimming rearview mirror that helps to lessen glare from lamps in your back.
Yes, the rearview mirror’s auto-dimming mechanism automatically adjusts the brightness, but you can also do it manually.
Yes, the 2023 Escalade’s windows have factory-installed tinting for improved privacy and sun protection.
You can raise or lower the windows with only one button click, thanks to a function called one-touch.
panoramic sunroof, which offers a wide view and can be opened for fresh air, is an option for the 2023 Escalade.
Yes, the windows of the Escalade include rain-sensing wipers that turn on automatically when rain is detected.
Yes, using the master window controls on the driver’s side door, the driver may operate all the windows.
A power sunshade is available for the rear windows of the 2023 Escalade, giving shade for the occupants in back.
Yes, the side mirrors have puddle lamps that, when the doors are unfastened, shine light on the ground close to the car.
Yes, the side mirrors can automatically tilt down in reverse to help with parking and give a clearer view of the curb.